Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Hope Hicks better lawyer up. I think she already talked to Mueller and this came out. I am pretty sure the news we get is what Mueller's team wants us to know and they have known about for at least a month.

Hicks talked to Mueller in late November. She may have committed perjury.

Reading Fire and Fury, her job is basically to spin all news as good news to Trump. She totally missed the issue with Sessions lying about not talking to the Russians, for instance.

She is probably going to jail for this idiot.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

Besides fat payoffs and paydays, everyone has had to have been guaranteed pardons for anything relating to their efforts to aide in this level of corruption. They don't even hesitate to **** on our laws and the actual will of the majority of people in this country. It is pure insanity. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

She better start snitching quick. I can't imagine being dumb enough to lie to the investigators. Didn't work out well for Papadopoulos or Flynn.

Her best hope is to now tell everything but she is going to prison since she more than likely already lied.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

9 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Besides fat payoffs and paydays, everyone has had to have been guaranteed pardons for anything relating to their efforts to aide in this level of corruption. They don't even hesitate to **** on our laws and the actual will of the majority of people in this country. It is pure insanity. 

A lot of these people will have state charges pending as well if they were to get pardoned.

Mueller isn't an idiot.

• Like 2

^

So yeah, there were changes to the memo that our own DOJ and FBI are asking you not to hastily release in the first place. Thanks for clearing that up Jack Langer. 

46 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

A lot of these people will have state charges pending as well if they were to get pardoned.

Mueller isn't an idiot.

I'm praying these people pay with everything they have. I know the wheels of justice grind slowly, but I'm really starting to worry about the permanent damage being done (especially if if they just grind to a halt), and what it looks like on the other side of that. Of course Mueller isn't an idiot, but I'm not ruling out anything as to how far they will go, how crazy this Congress and this presidency is, and what they might be willing to do to fundamentally change anything and everything possible. If they are able to get away with what what it appears they are trying to get away with against our own FBI and DOJ, what will they try next? 

15 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

^

So yeah, there were changes to the memo that our own DOJ and FBI are asking you not to hastily release in the first place. Thanks for clearing that up Jack Langer. 

I'm praying these people pay with everything they have. I know the wheels of justice grind slowly, but I'm really starting to worry about the permanent damage being done (especially if if they just grind to a halt), and what it looks like on the other side of that. Of course Mueller isn't an idiot, but I'm not ruling out anything as to how far they will go, how crazy this Congress and this presidency is, and what they might be willing to do to fundamentally change anything and everything possible. If they are able to get away with what what it appears they are trying to get away with against our own FBI and DOJ, what will they try next? 

Can Trump literally just shut down the FBI? I'm trying to think about the most extreme moves he could potentially "legally" make. I have no clue how far he would have to go before at least one of the GOP cowards would speak up to say more than "I'm concerned about this". 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Can Trump literally just shut down the FBI? I'm trying to think about the most extreme moves he could potentially "legally" make. I have no clue how far he would have to go before at least one of the GOP cowards would speak up to say more than "I'm concerned about this". 

I don't think he can shut it down, but he certainly likes to try and disparage and discredit it. Maybe he can reshape it if he can fire and demoralize enough people. It's certainly not good for it's effectiveness. I really don't know how far he could go though, and I would like to, because that's at least as far as he will try to go. I've seen a lot of chatter on twitter about the FBI fighting back, and a possible incoming news bomb. Just rumors and conjecture though.

Schiff should just tell Nunes that if they allow the WH to review and release a memo which House committee did not vote to release, Dem countermemo will be released too.

If Nunes won't follow the rules then why the hell should Schiff?

Probably too aggressive but there needs to be some stick to keep Nunes at least mildly in check.

58 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Not aggressive enough. The dems have been, and continue to be total wimps while the GOP has pushed them around for the past decade.

Generally speaking, i agree, but this situation may require a bit of delicacy.  Releasing the countermemo, as satisfying as it might be, may backfire.  Remember it corrects factual inaccuracies, which is to say it probably more accurately reflects the truth of potentially classified info than the Nunes memo.

As such that could harm the FBI/NatSec so there should be great care in releasing it.

Hopefully the amended memo can be blocked from release as per rules without needing to discuss an inappropriate procedural counter-release.

But then again, that might be the play of Nunes.  Win-win, either you force the Dems to release the counter-memo outside of usual procedures to counter the release the Nunes memo and drag the Dems down too* or you get the Nunes memo out free and clear.

*also I have no doubt that the GOP counter argument will be that they voted on their memo and that the changes were not substantive so the vote should still stand, while no yes vote ever succeeded for Dems.  It's a bad argument and wrong but enough independents will buy it that it might do harm.

• Like 1