Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Man I agree with you,  I just know that there are millions and millions of Americans who don't. 

Those americans elected these robbers and until we figure out a way to convince them they've been duped unfortunately this is what we're left with. 

Just repeating something I read/saw the other day, a title of a book, I believe...it was a phrase that "it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled". 

Sometimes for the common good, you gotta blow **** up.  (Not literally...y'all know what I mean.) 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The rot runs deep and wide, so much so that the system itself is imperiled and malfunctioning. There is no way this went down without key members of Congress knowingly engaged, and IMO THAT is what the right is fighting so hard to keep from coming out. Long before the election the national Repub party hierarchy was assisting in advancing the coup and covering it up. Not all, not most, but select players had to have known, it is simply facile to want to believe this could have occurred and none of them knew anything- especially after being informed of just that by the FBI and the IC. Jamming through a wad of unqualified judges whose only resume is strict allegiance to their handlers means to slam the door in the cops faces behind them, even IF anything comes out the judiciary can stymie it.

We are racing down a darkening path towards something never seen in this country, subversion of law enforcement, assaults on the media, spreading virulent propaganda, undermining the very fabric of society to an extant that has no parallel. I often ponder these days exactly what their end game could possibly be. There simply is no way that everyone bends a knee and submits to being a serf, no matter what Betsy DeVos fantasizes about with a vibe in her hand. They genuinely seem to believe that no matter what, no matter how extreme or egregious their actions, the populace cannot rise up against them. History would disagree, in fact history is overwhelmingly the memory of peoples driven too far that did just that.

Several of the arguments made here demonstrate exactly why this will not and cannot be fixed systemically, the very tools that are supposed to do that have been broken and contaminated. The options shrink every day, and at the end of that devolution the only choices are you fight or you die.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I'm intrigued how desperate the Trump administration and Republicans are that they have gone through so much trouble to cast doubt on Mueller's investigation in the last few weeks. This investigation was all supposed to be some "nothingburger" distraction when it all started but they're coming off a legit scared of where this is going. 

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

See my edit.

The investigation part they don't mind, it is the suspicion it was used to get the FISA wiretaps (after being turned down first) and such.

btw how is that a secret meeting if I knew about it?

1 hour ago, twa said:

The investigation part they don't mind, it is the suspicion it was used to get the FISA wiretaps (after being turned down first) and such.

btw how is that a secret meeting if I knew about it?

You lost me on the secret meeting part.

Wouldn't getting a FISA wiretap be investigatory? As I understand it over half of the dossier has been substantiated.

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

You lost me on the secret meeting part.

Wouldn't getting a FISA wiretap be investigatory? As I understand it over half of the dossier has been substantiated.

how it was described in the tweet above.

There is some question about it's use to get a FISA warrant that the FBI doesn't want to answer ,and how much was substantiated at that time.

1 hour ago, twa said:

how it was described in the tweet above.

There is some question about it's use to get a FISA warrant that the FBI doesn't want to answer ,and how much was substantiated at that time.

You can presume that the substantiated portions of the dossier were likely known to US intelligence before they were discovered by Steele.

Think Trump would have eeked out his sorry ass electoral win if US voters knew about the Trump Tower meetings admitted by his son post election (and denied preelection)?

2 hours ago, twa said:

Because, as we all know, it's improper to use additional information to obtain a warrant.