Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

14 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think what we have at this point is at minimum collusion and conspiracy. I'm looking at the T word right now. I think it more and more likely that the actions rise to the level of treason.

It cant be treason. It's a lot of other things, but not that. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-jr-treason-20170712-story.html

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It cant be treason. It's a lot of other things, but not that. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-jr-treason-20170712-story.html

Notice how that article continues to focus on Jr while not even mentioning Kushner and Manafort? 

I'm tellin ya, that's the game plan. Let Jr take the hit in public opinion in the hopes they forget that Jr was quite literally the most junior member of the Trump campaign at that meeting.

• Like 3

What is waging war? If you look at some of the ideas coming from Russia attacks using propaganda, etc., are part of a new method of warfare. Does war have to be declared?

I don't really care if it gets labeled treason by a court, I just want people to see what happened.

BTW, the Russian lawyer got a seat at a House hearing after the meeting care of the husband of Trump's FL campaign chair. Seems like Jr probably wasn't too miffed by what she brought to the table.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

What is waging war? If you look at some of the ideas coming from Russia attacks using propaganda, etc., are part of a new method of warfare. Does war have to be declared?

I don't really care if it gets labeled treason by a court, I just want people to see what happened.

BTW, the Russian lawyer got a seat at a House hearing after the meeting care of the husband of Trump's FL campaign chair. Seems like Jr probably wasn't too miffed by what she brought to the table.

Yes. I believe there is a SCOTUS case that says that it has to be declared or otherwise a "real" war. 

I don't give a damn if it's treason or not, it certainly qualifies for "high crimes and misdemeanors." But the fact that the GOPers on the Hill seem to be trying to weather the storm does not give me hope that articles of impeachment will get much attention any time soon without further revelations. The part that pisses me off the most is that I know that the leaders on the Hill know more than we do an they're still trying to work with this trash in the White House.

• Like 1

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Right, and as much and often as they deny it, if there was a Democrat doing this we would already see impeachment hearings gearing up.

I'm having flashbacks over Clinton's "I never had sexual relations with that woman." One lie, and he was impeached for a sexual indiscretion. 

This...there is simply no comparison. It's not even on the same planet!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I don't give a damn if it's treason or not, it certainly qualifies for "high crimes and misdemeanors." But the fact that the GOPers on the Hill seem to be trying to weather the storm does not give me hope that articles of impeachment will get much attention any time soon without further revelations. The part that pisses me off the most is that I know that the leaders on the Hill know more than we do an they're still trying to work with this trash in the White House.

That's all fine (and I agree), but I think that people should try and be as accurate as possible when discussing this, even in the face of constant lies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That's all fine (and I agree), but I think that people should try and be as accurate as possible when discussing this, even in the face of constant lies.

Totally agree. Let them keep lying, and just hit them between the eyes with the hammer.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Totally agree. Let them keep lying, and just hit them between the eyes with the hammer.

Tried that during the election. Doesn't work. The GOP base is filled with people who are either morally bankrupt or too stupid to understand.

May I propose a new approach wherein when they go low, you go lower? 

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Tried that during the election. Doesn't work. The GOP base is filled with people who are either morally bankrupt or too stupid to understand.

May I propose a new approach wherein when they go low, you go lower? 

Why? It's competency (and lack of competency on their side) that is really bringing about change. Professionalism, character, accuracy, integrity. Mueller and his team seem to epitomize that, Yates did as well when Flynn got outed, and the investigative journalists out there showing these fools to be liars each and every day are characterizing that too. 

Why get caught up in the stupidity and pettiness? That's a high-end dead-end, whose loudness appears to be powerful but in reality and practice does very little. You can't build much of anything that will last with an energy like that, only react in simple, mostly destructive ways. 

Personally, I'm way less stressed by these people and trump then on Election Day. I'm more focused on how to build and mature past all this **** and what groups of people actually have the capacity to step up and do so. I'm not focused on trumps base, I'm focused on those with some intelligence who were either too comfortable, detached, or apathetic to participate in choosing who we are as a country. Those are the ones who need to be reached and talked to and galvanized in 2018. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Why? It's competency (and lack of competency on their side) that is really bringing about change. Professionalism, character, accuracy, integrity. Mueller and his team seem to epitomize that, Yates did as well when Flynn got outed, and the investigative journalists out there showing these fools to be liars each and every day are characterizing that too. 

Why get caught up in the stupidity and pettiness? That's a high-end dead-end, whose loudness appears to be powerful but in reality and practice does very little. You can't build much of anything that will last with an energy like that, only react in simple, mostly destructive ways. 

Personally, I'm way less stressed by these people and trump then on Election Day. I'm more focused on how to build and mature past all this **** and what groups of people actually have the capacity to step up and do so. I'm not focused on trumps base, I'm focused on those with some intelligence who were either too comfortable, detached, or apathetic to participate in choosing who we are as a country. Those are the ones who need to be reached and talked to and galvanized in 2018. 

<applause>

The essential element in stupidity is the lack of understanding/awareness that they ARE stupid, why would anyone want to sink to that level? Especially when being smarter, having the law on your side, being able to genuinely rationalize your position are so much more effective weapons.

You hit the nail on the head, it isn't about pandering to to the too-stupid-to-know-better demographic, it is about marshalling everyone else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Why?

Because an idiot is president, because the Rrpublican led congress is doing everything in their power to protect him despite him being a clear and present danger to our country, because they obstructed a capable president for 8 years, because they stole a chair on the Supreme Court, because they've gerrymandered and suppressed voters and fake scandaled, and right wing propaganda "news" networked their way to countless other positions of "leadership" in our government, because they are going to continue to do it until they are crushed, and because waiting for their base to realize that they are morally bankrupt liars ain't gonna work when their little pea-sized brains have been convinced that liberals are the ultimate enemy.

Im not saying to be stupid. I'm saying to be very smart about crushing the GOP. Just counting on the people to wise up is a losing strategy though.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ftr it doesn't even need to be an actual crime, in the legal sense, to qualify as "high crimes and misdemeanors". From uber-conservative Andy McCarthy:

The standard for impeachment, the commission of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” is not concerned with criminal offenses found in the penal statute books and suitable for courtroom prosecution. It relates instead to the president’s high fiduciary duty to the American people and allegiance to our system of government. Alexander Hamilton put it best in Federalist No. 65. Impeachable offenses are those “Which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.”

The bickering over collusion ‘crimes’ misses the point. If an unfit person holds the presidency, the danger to our society is that he will abuse the power that he wields. The imperative is to remove him from office.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Ftr it doesn't even need to be an actual crime, in the legal sense, to qualify as "high crimes and misdemeanors". From uber-conservative Andy McCarthy:

The standard for impeachment, the commission of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” is not concerned with criminal offenses found in the penal statute books and suitable for courtroom prosecution. It relates instead to the president’s high fiduciary duty to the American people and allegiance to our system of government. Alexander Hamilton put it best in Federalist No. 65. Impeachable offenses are those “Which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.”

The bickering over collusion ‘crimes’ misses the point. If an unfit person holds the presidency, the danger to our society is that he will abuse the power that he wields. The imperative is to remove him from office.

Born, I quoted your post because it bears repeating, often and loudly.

The Republicans often talk about the founding fathers and the Christian nation nonsense, twisted for their own purposes. Here's another, Hamilton, who lays out succinctly what the founders meant by high crimes and misdemeanors. 

Thank you. Do you mind if I copy the quote to my FB page for dissemination?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, twa said:

Stole? :rofl89:

I think out of all of the things said in that post that this single item is the one you key in on.

And yes...stole is the operative word.

BTW, I know you're going to say that the GOP had the ability to stonewall the nomination, and to that I say the just because I have the ability to rob a bank doesn't make it right for me to do so.