Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Star Wars film?

Ron78

What is your favorite Star Wars film?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars film?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
  2. 2. Which was your least favorite Star Wars film?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Ron78 said:

With this latest installment of the Star Wars saga, has your favorite Star Wars film changed?  What is your favorite Star Wars film, and which Star Wars film do you like the least?

Empire will always be the best, imo.  The worst, Episode I, horrible compared to the rest.  Like I want to spend an entire movie watching a young Anakin be a kid........

8 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Empire will always be the best, imo.  The worst, Episode I, horrible compared to the rest.  Like I want to spend an entire movie watching a young Anakin be a kid........

Empire always seems to be the popular choice.  I thought The Force Awakens was worse than Episode I.  Episode I had some redeemable qualities (e.g., Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and Ray Park).  The Force Awakens was completely unoriginal and riddled with overacting.

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Favorite: Empire

Least Favorite: The Holiday Special

The Holiday Special is not a film.

3 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

Empire always seems to be the popular choice.  I thought The Force Awakens was worse than Episode I.  Episode I had some redeemable qualities (e.g., Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and Ray Park).  The Force Awakens was completely unoriginal and riddled with overacting.

And by horrible, I mean compared to the original trilogy.  It was pretty weak though, imo.  Not saying I didn't enjoy the movie, but it was bland.  Im also torn between Empire and RoTJ, there are things about both movies that I think make it the best, I actually flip flop between the two on which is my favorite.  

I did enjoy the Force Awakens though.  I liked it better than than episode I and II.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Favorite:  Empire Strikes Back

Least Favorite: The Return of the Jedi. Made for children with those bears or whatever they were.

Good topic BTW!

See, the Ewoks made me pick ESB over RoTJ.........but if you ignore the Ewoks, RoTJ is strong lol  

New Hope will always be my favorite. Such a great introduction to this remarkable universe 

Phantom Menace is easily the crappiest. All it's missing is some whoopie cushions and a slide whistle. What a ****ing embarrassment.

Worst is any of the prequels.  Ultimately I chose the Phantom Menace because of this unforgivable scene that took a Star Wars space battle and turned it into something Spy Kids would be ashamed of.  

"Take this.  And this.  Whoa!  Oops."  Are we 100% sure Tommy Wiseau wasn't involved with this project? 

I went with the Force Awakens for favorite because I've watched it entirely too many times and I knew Empire would get enough support without my vote.  Fantastic characters and a welcome return to the original style of Star Wars action.  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Im also torn between Empire and RoTJ, there are things about both movies that I think make it the best, I actually flip flop between the two on which is my favorite.  

Exactly how I feel.  T2 is my favorite movie of all time.  Empire and Jedi are neck and neck for second.  I usually vote for Jedi in this discussion just because the majority pick Empire.

Phantom Menace worst. 

Empire should be at 100% for favorite.

I picked Clones over Menace for least favorite due in part to the cringeworthy "love story" they tried to force in.  Also because they decided to change Anakin's actor from someone 8 years younger than Natalie Portman to someone older than her.

edit: I would have to also consider Revenge for least favorite, but I only did see it that one time and I don't remember all of its horrors.  I will say that the descent into the dark side they showed was completely unbelievable.  Man, the entirety of those prequels really dropped the ball.  I could have written a more believable story to chronicle Anakin's descent into the dark side.

8 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Empire should be at 100% for favorite.

I picked Clones over Menace for least favorite due in part to the cringeworthy "love story" they tried to force in.  Also because they decided to change Anakin's actor from someone 8 years younger than Natalie Portman to someone older than her.

edit: I would have to also consider Revenge for least favorite, but I only did see it that one time and I don't remember all of its horrors.  I will say that the descent into the dark side they showed was completely unbelievable.  Man, the entirety of those prequels really dropped the ball.  I could have written a more believable story to chronicle Anakin's descent into the dark side.

1.  Anakin definitely should have been cast older starting with Phantom Menace.  Amidala was basically a pedophile because Anakin was an immature 16 year old in Attack of the Clones.  And how old was she?

2.  Dark Anakin Skywalker becoming bad ass Darth Vader in Episode III was definitely a giant leap.  Anakin should have been darker from the jump so that his transition was more believable.  He went from a moral (yet tempormental) guy to an evil villain in an instant.  I suppose you could chalk it up to Darth Sidious' ability to manipulate his brain with the force though.  That said, there are too many cool things in Episode III for me to dislike it.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I went with the Force Awakens 

You had me until this

Force Awakens was about as lame and unimaginative as it gets, but they suckered everyone in with throwback stormtroopers, a soccer ball, and a halfway famished girl who can apparently whoop a   Sith Lords  ass in combat with no training in the ways of the Jedi.

It was a crappy fusion of all 6 movies crammed into one, and I do not accept such blatant insult 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Worst is any of the prequels.  Ultimately I chose the Phantom Menace because of this unforgivable scene that took a Star Wars space battle and turned it into something Spy Kids would be ashamed of.  

"Take this.  And this.  Whoa!  Oops."  Are we 100% sure Tommy Wiseau wasn't involved with this project? 

I went with the Force Awakens for favorite because I've watched it entirely too many times and I knew Empire would get enough support without my vote.  Fantastic characters and a welcome return to the original style of Star Wars action.  

Havent watch Phantom Menace in years. Forgot how cheesy it was

51 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Force Awakens was about as lame and unimaginative as it gets, but they suckered everyone in with throwback stormtroopers, a soccer ball, and a halfway famished girl who can apparently whoop a   Sith Lords  ass in combat with no training in the ways of the Jedi.

Rey is probably better off not having been trained. From what we've seen the Jedi are really ****ty teachers. As great as I think Yoda is he literally did all the heavy lifting for Luke during his training. Yoda even fails his whiny Skywalker tookus only to pass him cause what else could he do? Train his sister?

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You had me until this

It was a crappy fusion of all 6 movies crammed into one, and I do not accept such blatant insult 

1 - Famished girl?  When we meet Rey she's like 10 floors up a hollowed out spaceship using a rope to get down with a bag full of metal parts on her back.  When she rolls into town hoping to get some grub and relax some bros try to snatch her soccer ball buddy.  The delicate flower hands them both a beating, then charges after Finn and gives him one too.   

2 - Kylo Ren is not a sith lord and was badly wounded.  He took a shot from Chewy's magic crossbow to the hip, that left him limping around and bleeding.  Finn managed to land a light saber strike to the shoulder as well.  Oh and he had been ordered by the skinny cave troll to bring her back alive.  His "fight" with her was an effort to recruit her, not kill her.         

3 - Are we sure she's never been trained?  I'm not convinced her past went down like she remembers it. 

Pay attention next time you watch it.  :)

The only people I know that don't like The Force Awakens are hardcore Star Wars purists. The critics loved it, it brought in lots of new fans, it made a ton of money. The movie was extremely conservative, but it got me excited about the franchise by being well made, which the prequels largely weren't. Conversely, the only people I see defend the prequels are hardcore Star Wars purists that are heavily invested in the mythology of the series and applaud those films for contributing to said mythology, not outsiders who want to see a good action/adventure film.

As someone who has seen all the movies but is mostly just a fan of great cinema, there's no comparison for me. In terms of cinematography, direction, dialogue, emotion, basically everything that matters to me as a filmgoer, The Force Awakens is leagues ahead of at least 1 and 2, and I probably have it ahead of 3 and 6 as well because both of those movies are enormously flawed. Sith's last 45 minutes save it from the Anakin/Padme tripe and Jedi is mostly good but hampered by some awful moments (ewoks, clunky ending, Boba Fett's death).

Archived