Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Da Skins at Da Bears

TK

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I wish Breeland wouldn't run his mouth for no reason to fans.

I wish our fans wouldn't give players a reason to run their mouth. Who would want to play for a team with that kind of fanbase? 

What kind of loser tweets negative stuff directly to a player anyway?

15 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

I wish our fans wouldn't give players a reason to run their mouth. Who would want to play for a team with that kind of fanbase? 

What kind of loser tweets negative stuff directly to a player anyway?

A lot of people. That's the price you pay for fame and making lots of money. You have to be willing to accept the criticism when you aren't doing your job. 

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

A lot of people. That's the price you pay for fame and making lots of money. You have to be willing to accept the criticism when you aren't doing your job. 

Oh, definitely players need to brush that crap off and not engage in it, but it's still pathetic to directly tweet crap to a player. Even if they are struggling and are well-paid, they are still putting their bodies and long-term health on the line for our amusement. 

5 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Anyone mention how aggravating and obnoxious David Diehl was in the booth today? Almost sounded like he's an ex-Giant who was born and raised in Chicago or something. 

Not to mention the formerly-great Dick Stockton botching every single close call.

"Jay Gruden is looking for balance.  They've passed it 9 times and thrown it 9 times right now and you don't get much more balanced than that."

Come on Saints...

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

"Jay Gruden is looking for balance.  They've passed it 9 times and thrown it 9 times right now and you don't get much more balanced than that."

Come on Saints...

I laughed out loud out at this one. Poor guy needs to be put out to pasture. 

4 minutes ago, kgor93 said:

Did anyone else completely forget about today's game? I didn't realize we were playing until 3, then I checked the score and we were up 31-14 :)

Lol that kinda sucks dude.  This was actually an enjoyable game to watch as a Skins fan.  lots of big plays(by both teams) and we got 5 INTs.  

1 minute ago, Area51 said:

Lol that kinda sucks dude.  This was actually an enjoyable game to watch as a Skins fan.  lots of big plays(by both teams) and we got 5 INTs.  

Eh not really. I don't like watching the games this year so I usually only catch the second half. Just way too many commercials. Did you get a bit of deja vu? Reminds me of that game several years back where DHall had 4 picks.

Matt Barkley is like a gift that keeps on giving. Him and herpes.

Just now, kgor93 said:

Did you get a bit of deja vu? Reminds me of that game several years back where DHall had 4 picks.

Matt Barkley is like a gift that keeps on giving. Him and herpes.

Lol yeah kinda did.  Love playing the Bears in Chicago :)

Barkley has been playing pretty good of late, actually.  They almost upset Green Bay last week.

20 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Back to back winning seasons for the first time since when?

Whatever happens in the next few weeks, I hope we more or less stay the course.

1996-1997 I believe (from what I was told).  This has to be the most positive redskins fans have felt in a long time over two straight seasons, right? With a better DC, or young new players added to the defense from the draft/FA, I'd have to think we will continue to build upon these two seasons even more next year, right? We'd be playing a 3rd place schedule which should be easier. 

Had to work today. Game was a couple of hours over by the time I got out of there. Phone stolen,t.v. in break room not getting any games,and too busy to check scores on a computer. Pleasant surprise to find the Skins won and won pretty handily it seems. Hmmmm. May have to work more often during games. ;) 

I am on the record as hating our defensive coaches.  But I'll give the defense a tip o the hat for the 5 picks.   Good show, men.  Its nice to see a win, and 41-21 is what I'dexpect against the Bears. 

So, HTTR!  Now they'd better get ready for the Giants.   They hate us, we hate them, and they'd like nothing better than to avenge week 4 and trash our playoff hopes.

I hope we put 40 on them too (we might need too).

11 hours ago, elkabong82 said:

I found this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/29/researchers-look-at-impact-of-thursday-games-on-nfl-schedule/

Which stated that it lowers the win % by 4 for each games vs. a team with more rest. 

I like Thursday games, cause I like watching as much football as I can. Here's a suggestion: the NFL should give the two teams playing TNF that week a bye the weekend before, so they'll both have the same amount of rest (maybe one would end up playing a MNF before said bye week, but even then, that would be what, 11 days prep time, maybe 10? 

Archived