Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone headed to Arizona

djdunick

I haven't seen the 'Skins play in AZ since 2005 at ASU stadium.  I remember 'Skins fans basically took over college town the Saturday night before.  One of the biggest road game tailgates I've ever been a part of.  So many old-school ES members that either have moved on or just lurk here and don't post anymore. That was I believe either Game 2 or 3 of "5 in a row or we don't go" and I was also doing a no-shave December for as long as they could keep the win streak up.  It was a pretty tightly contested game and I remember Antonio Brown ran one back all the way.  There was also a "We Want Dallas" chant in the endzone as the 'Skins players exited the field and Mike Sellars looked super pumped at all the support on the road.

Ahh to be in my mid-twenties again with more spare money for those kinds of trips......*sigh*

I will be there also.

Hope there will be another meet and greet as there was in 2014. Place was a mob scene of Skins fans everywhere. Not sure who is in charge of those things, or if they post here, but I'm all in.

There was a good size group tailgating two years ago, would imagine they will again. The stadium has a huge event lawn that they use for tailgaters, but you've got to get there early to mark your turf.

Keep bumping the thread, unless a new one arises with event info.

I will be there (mind you I live in the Phoenix area!) Looking forwards to what should be a very good game.

I'm going with a friend and we have club tickets so our plan is to get there early and watch the early games in the stadium while having some lunch.

13 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I haven't seen the 'Skins play in AZ since 2005 at ASU stadium.  I remember 'Skins fans basically took over college town the Saturday night before.  One of the biggest road game tailgates I've ever been a part of.  So many old-school ES members that either have moved on or just lurk here and don't post anymore. That was I believe either Game 2 or 3 of "5 in a row or we don't go" and I was also doing a no-shave December for as long as they could keep the win streak up.  It was a pretty tightly contested game and I remember Antonio Brown ran one back all the way.  There was also a "We Want Dallas" chant in the endzone as the 'Skins players exited the field and Mike Sellars looked super pumped at all the support on the road.

Ahh to be in my mid-twenties again with more spare money for those kinds of trips......*sigh*

IIRC, that Antonio Brown return saved our asses that game....and in turn, the season.

7 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Hope there will be another meet and greet as there was in 2014. Place was a mob scene of Skins fans everywhere. Not sure who is in charge of those things, or if they post here, but I'm all in.

Redskins Rally

Join us on the road in Phoenix!
Tilted Kilt
Saturday, December 3, 2016
6:00 – 7:30 pm

Free raffle with Redskins prizes, including autographed items and game tickets!

PLUS every Redskins fan will receive a free pair of Redskins sunglasses!

1 hour ago, superozman said:

Redskins Rally

Tilted Kilt

Sweet. Thanks for posting @superozman. I will see you there!

Is there a street address?

Also, is it the same place where the biker shootout occurred?

2 minutes ago, nemocystem said:

I'll be at this one as well.  a bunch of us from LA (Joxer Daly's) will be headed out there, & looking forward to the tailgate!

Should be good times, can't wait!!!

Joxer Daly's holds a special place in my heart.  I was in LA last year, had nowhere to go to watch the Skins/Saints game, found out about that place and had an absolutely blast.  Better than any bar I've been to in the DMV to watch a Skins game.

2 hours ago, superozman said:

Redskins Rally

Tilted Kilt

I can't make it this year, but just a heads up .   Two years ago the Redskins Rally in Glendale was so packed hundreds of us couldn't get in so they did a second rally later at this Tilted Kilt.  Definitely plan on being there WAY early.  Hail.

8 hours ago, superozman said:

Redskins Rally

Tilted Kilt

I've been to two rally's in different cities.  I highly recommend them.  But get there several hours early.  At the one I was just at in Dallas I got pics and autographs with Cooley and Bruce Allen.  Also got a pic with Ricky Sanders with him letting me wear one of his Super Bowl rings.  Can't beat the experience and love the team for doing it.  Though I wish ours were at a place like Twisted Kilt.  Our bartenders were wearing all their clothes.  ?

13 hours ago, superozman said:

Redskins Rally

Tilted Kilt

do you have an address or well town so I can put it in the navigation?

thank you in advance

I live in the PHX area and will definitely be at the game and the Rally.  I agree with other posters here, the Rally's cannot be missed and you should definitely be there early to make sure you get a good seat/table.  When I lived in Denver, I was at a rally 3 or 4 years ago, we lost the game, but that Rally was EPIC!

19 hours ago, Poman said:

I can't make it this year, but just a heads up .   Two years ago the Redskins Rally in Glendale was so packed hundreds of us couldn't get in so they did a second rally later at this Tilted Kilt.  Definitely plan on being there WAY early.  Hail.

Yeah, two years ago it started at some seedy bar and then moved to the Tilted Kilt, there was so many of our Skins family there it was nuts!

On 11/28/2016 at 10:00 AM, MartinC said:

I will be there (mind you I live in the Phoenix area!) Looking forwards to what should be a very good game.

I'm going with a friend and we have club tickets so our plan is to get there early and watch the early games in the stadium while having some lunch.

You should catch up with me n Murf Saturday evening

On 11/28/2016 at 3:25 PM, superozman said:

Redskins Rally

Tilted Kilt

RSVP here if you're going

On 11/28/2016 at 1:12 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

IIRC, that Antonio Brown return saved our asses that game....and in turn, the season.

I've got a screen capture from the tv feed of that play where he's blowing kisses to the crowd & I'm on the sideline giving him the thumbs up. :)

12 hours ago, kost203 said:

do you have an address or well town so I can put it in the navigation?

thank you in advance

4731 E Cactus Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032

http://tiltedkilt.com/paradise-valley/

7 minutes ago, TK said:

I've got a screen capture from the tv feed of that play where he's blowing kisses to the crowd & I'm on the sideline giving him the thumbs up. :)

4731 E Cactus Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032

http://tiltedkilt.com/paradise-valley/

A big picture of my wife and I in the endzone with the 'Skins group made redskins.com  I believe I have it floating around on my computer somewhere. 

Archived