Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Interesting, listening to the Woodward book some more (while trying to relax and ignore a headache and some stomach pain), Trump advisers basically told Trump all the things about NATO that foreign policy people have been saying to counter his claims over the past couple of years. 

Anyone get a copy of "Fear" yet?  I downloaded a epub and converted it to a PDF for my mom. She's been pre-screen these books for me, like "Fire and Fury" and Comey's book.  Say Woodward on Washington Week just now, this guy sits down under oath with Muller, its almost guaranteed he'll catch a perjury charge, he's habitual liar, disabled as some people describe it.

Image result for can't wait gif

48 minutes ago, visionary said:

I don’t think that’s hurting me.  I’d be in pain or not either way.  It just makes it harder to focus and get things done.  (I’m feeling better now after taking an aspirin anyway).

You are appreciated.

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Not sure.  I just remember lots of right wing faux rage about the Obama’s going to Hawaii and golfing.  Irony that Trump ****ed about his golfing all the time.  

Im good with whatever you decide.  

Agree that there were tons of outrage. And it was faux outrage. 

But out I also feel I need to point out some context, too. 

W spent more time on vacation than any President in history. In fact, I've read that he spent more time on vacation, in his first year, than any previous President had spent in their entire term. (However, a quick fact check makes me suspect that it's not true). 

It led to some rather contradictory talking points. When 9/11 happened, the talking point was that it was unfair to point out that it happened on his watch, because he had only been in office 7 months, and he had been so busy getting up to speed that it was unfair to assign him any responsibility for his job. At that time, he had already spent eight weeks on vacation, including the entire month of August. 

And then Obama took office, and suddenly the Right is outraged because Obama played golf vastly more than W had. (And obviously, when measuring Presidential dedication, playing golf is the only form of relaxation that counts). 

However, now that I've pointed this out?  I've been sick of the constant counting of the golf days for probably a year now. 

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone get a copy of "Fear" yet?  I downloaded a epub and converted it to a PDF for my mom.

Got like 2 chapters left. Pretty much confirms a lot that's been reported. Solidifies that Trump is a national security threat. You can tell he was talking to Cohn and Porter a lot. Wish he had sources that could have talked about the Muslim ban or healthcare fight. He didn't mention them at all. I will say some of it is fake news.

R4Zl2CF.jpg

I'm calling BS.

Some of the Lindsey Graham stuff from the book seems weird, also Priebus.  There is also some obvious bs from some of them making themselves look good.  There is some interesting campaign and policy discussion though and a lot of the Trump quotes seem genuine.   One thing that's a little confusing is that the book tends to jump around, so it's hard to tell when things are taking place.

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

Some of the Lindsey Graham stuff from the book seems weird, also Priebus.  There is also some obvious bs from some of them making themselves look good.  There is some interesting campaign and policy discussion though and a lot of the Trump quotes seem genuine. 

Lindsey Graham comes off as a kiss ass with terrible ideas. You can tell he was talking to Woodward and somehow didn't spin it to make himself look good. I hard passed the first couple of chapters. I'm never reading about the 2016 Election anymore.

Just now, Hersh said:

It's still amazing that a) he ****ed that up and b) he was immediately deemed unfit to be POTUS. Especially compared with some of the characters holding office these days. 

I met him a few times.  He was a ****ing moron. 

Gary Hart is the one that should be pissed today

Archived