Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the season ended today......

Tom [Giants fan]

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

OK, these ties always confuse me. I guess 4-3-1 is better than 5-4. Good, the NFL feels we'll beat the Vikings.

Vikings are in over the lions at the moment because the Vikings are 5-3, while the lions are 5-4. 

As for why we're in over the lions, my best guess is our winning % is better than theirs. Not sure if that's true though. 

Tom is super cool so none of this is directed at him.  But IMO no team or media which covers a team is more insufferable in the NFC East than the NY Giants when they win -- I recall all the crowing from them when they went 2-0, it even got Skip Bayless of all people commenting on how chesty they are.  I guess our version of that is RJF who can't seem to contain himself when they win a couple of games in row but otherwise Redskins are pretty contained. 

So watching the Eagles-Giants game it was tough for me to decide who to root for.  I enjoyed watching Carson Wenz implode again -- tired of all the hyperbole about him.  But at the same time it was nauseating for me to watch in my view the most dislikable player in the NFL, OBJ, strut in the end zone like they just won the Superbowl when he scored early in the game. 

Giants though have a shot, I recall before the season reading they statistically speaking have the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL.   Their defense isn't that hot nor is their offense -- but their defense of late has caused turnovers, which is a winning formula. 

Archived