Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything Apple thread

shuler74

I will not, I currently have a 6s plus 128gb that I'm happy with.  The 7 isn't enough of an upgrade to justify getting a new one.  I think we are getting to a point of diminishing returns on phone tech.

That said, I won't miss the headphone jack.  I've used Bluetooth for nearly a decade at this point.  The two cameras on the back seem to be an upgrade.  Being waterproof is cool (although I've read that the 6 and 6s had a decent level of water resistance).

...beware of the android guys to show up and try and douche the thread.

15 minutes ago, shuler74 said:

Yeah at first I was but going to see how iOS 10 runs on my 6s plus .

I am looking forward to that, iOS 10.  Haven't read anything about it really, but iOS updates have seldom disappointed.

I would like an update to Apple Music, something to make it a bit more user friendly... Like Spotify is.

iOS 10 is solid. A little different, especially with how you unlock the phone, but it's not a huge overhaul.

As for the iPhone 7, if you have a 5/5s, then I could see a reason to upgrade. But if you have a 6/6s, it really doesn't seem much different outside of the camera. Yes, every new iPhone is faster than the rest, but I don't feel like my 6 is slow.

Agree with the other poster that said we're getting to diminishing returns with phones. There really isn't anything special that has come along with phones for awhile now. I can't think of anything else I would want/need my phone to do now. Outside of beefing up battery life and making them more drop/water resistant, I can't think of anything else I would need from a new phone. They're basically getting to be like computers now, where there is no need to replace them until they just stop working. I plan on keeping my 6 until it stops working or they really wow me with a new iPhone.

I have been running the iOS 10 beta for the past 5 weeks. I like it, despite all the bugs I had to deal with. 

I don't like the removal of the headphone jack. They did it to make more money off accessories and the licensing of accessories to third parties. 

BTW, the iphone 7 is not waterproof, it's water and dust resistant, and they didn't get into details on how resistant it is on the water front. 

Currently have an iPhone 6. Wasn't planning on upgrading to the 7, but Verizon is offering me a $650 trade in credit (over two years) which completely offsets the price of the new one (over two years). So I figured I might as well. Big thing for me will be the extra storage. I've had all kinds of trouble with the puny 16GB phone. Gonna go ahead and pay the extra $4/mo for the upgrade to the 128GB this time.

22 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Currently have an iPhone 6. Wasn't planning on upgrading to the 7, but Verizon is offering me a $650 trade in credit (over two years) which completely offsets the price of the new one (over two years). So I figured I might as well. Big thing for me will be the extra storage. I've had all kinds of trouble with the puny 16GB phone. Gonna go ahead and pay the extra $4/mo for the upgrade to the 128GB this time.

Really? I have a 6 and when I went to their site to check trade-in value for ****s and giggles, it said $225

48 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Really? I have a 6 and when I went to their site to check trade-in value for ****s and giggles, it said $225

Apparently. Don't know any details other than my wife showed me the account and asked if I wanted a free upgrade. 

We both have upgrades available in the next two months (hers now and they bumped mine up now too). Contracts were expiring. Not sure if that makes a difference but I'm assuming it does. At any rate the trade in for each phone completely offset the price of the new phone, so it's kind of a no brainer.

13 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Apparently. Don't know any details other than my wife showed me the account and asked if I wanted a free upgrade. 

We both have upgrades available in the next two months (hers now and they bumped mine up now too). Contracts were expiring. Not sure if that makes a difference but I'm assuming it does. At any rate the trade in for each phone completely offset the price of the new phone, so it's kind of a no brainer.

I see it says up to $650. I mean, if you can get it for free, then yet definitely do it.

I preordered the 7 (black), hopefully it arrives Friday, my phone is on the brink of death (5s)

As for the headphone jack, I dont really use it all that often, but I figure that eventually one day everything will be wireless, so sooner or later it had to be removed.  It is a very old piece of technology, and apparently it takes up a lot of room inside that small phone, by removing it they can supposedly add a bigger battery among other things, Im not against the removal of the headphone jack.  At least they were nice enough to include the adapter with the phone.

Archived