Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything Apple thread

shuler74

How many Apple employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1 to come up with a new name for said lightbulb (Apple Glow)

2 to come up a design for said lightbulb to ensure it only fits Apple Lightbulb Sockets

1 to come up with marketing and exobitant price structure for said lightbulb

1 to tell us on the messageboards that said lightbulb is an improvement over other lightbulbs

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

How many Apple employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1 to come up with a new name for said lightbulb (Apple Glow)

2 to come up a design for said lightbulb to ensure it only fits Apple Lightbulb Sockets

1 to come up with marketing and exobitant price structure for said lightbulb

1 to tell us on the messageboards that said lightbulb is an improvement over other lightbulbs

That's a swing and a miss...

Don't Update Your @#$% iPhone!

Yesterday, Apple released its latest major software update with iOS 10. As far as I can tell, the iteration exists only to cut my battery life in half, make my Messages app unusable, and trick me into downloading hundreds of cartoon Biebers and one George R. R. Martin. Reader, don’t be like me. Don’t update your ****ing iPhone.

Click on the link for more

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I've had no problems on a 6s plus, aside from shorter battery life, which is easily explained by the fact that I've been using my phone more to check out all the newly updated stuff.

That & everything is being re indexed in the background for iOS 10 which could take a few days depending on the age/model of the phone & how much storage you have used up on it. 

Turn on the Low Power Mode to combat some of it. 

Just now, TK said:

That & everything is being re indexed in the background for iOS 10 which could take a few days depending on the age/model of the phone & how much storage you have used up on it. 

Turn on the Low Power Mode to combat some of it. 

Plus the reorganization of the pictures is taking a bunch of resources.

My battery lasts until I'm at home from work so I really have no complaints.

Just now, Springfield said:

Plus the reorganization of the pictures is taking a bunch of resources.

My battery lasts until I'm at home from work so I really have no complaints.

I really haven't noticed the battery life issues though cause I usually keep my 6+ in Low Power Mode since half the time I'm playing podcasts & just letting it sit. iPad Air2 though, when I updated it, I let it drain down until it cut off then plugged it in. Took forever to fully recharge. WISH it had a low power mode cause when I'm gaming(Batman:Arkham Underground) I have to keep it plugged in because of the power drain.

The new keyboard sfx are oddly stimulating.

At first I was a little bit thrown off, annoyed even.  Now that I've been typing with them go a couple of days I have to admit that I'm quite pleased with how they sound, specifically the sound of he delete button.  I could delete text all day with this sound.

Apple Music first complaint.  Apple has made it incredibly convoluted to actually "love" or "dislike" a song.  For a service that is supposed to cater to your tastes, this is a problem.  So far as I can tell, you have to open the app, force-press the song at the bottom and then hit love or dislike.

When I'm driving my car, this becomes a huge distraction.  It used to be available on the lock screen.  One glance down and you could "love" a song (although I was already a bit skeptical about how well this feature really worked to begin with).

The new Apple Music does seem to be a. It more sensitive to my current tastes, focusing more towards the music I'm listening to recently instead of just ALL the music on my phone.  I assume I'm not in the minority when it comes to shifting tastes over time.

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

The new Apple Music does seem to be a. It more sensitive to my current tastes, focusing more towards the music I'm listening to recently instead of just ALL the music on my phone.  I assume I'm not in the minority when it comes to shifting tastes over time.

Yeah I've noticed that as well, especially with their playlist of the day & album picks for the week. 

Anyone else noticing that notifications on screen seem be geared more towards force push when it comes dismissing them? Before iOS 10 it seemed it was an easy swipe up to dismiss them, now it's like you really have to press down on the little _  at the bottom of the notification & then swipe up to get it off the screen. 

Well this is a new one. In the gym doing shoulder presses & the watch starts vibrating. So I'm like **** it I'll check it when I finish this set. The thing keeps going so glance at it & see CALLING EMERGENCY SERVICES Press Hard To Stop. 

Guessing the wrist wrap on my glove hit or it just freaked the **** out. I dunno cause it's more then one movement to make that call. 

IMG_2496.JPG

Archived