Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

zoony

Alot of red herrings and such here (surprise!).... 

I don't believe anyone is saying there is no more racism in America. Only that when a country has twice elected a half black president, the contention that there is systematic racism (which seems to be what Kaep is saying) rings hollow. 

Anyway, back to the usual partisan and tribal accusations and such..... 

There is absolutely no reason for the national anthem to played in any domestic sporting event. Just none. It's stupid.

And Kap well within his right not to stand. He a real one. 

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

All these comments about how much money he makes so he shouldnt complain, are the most absurd things I've heard on this board in a while.  There's a black president, you make a lot of money, so you shouldnt protest racism?  What kinda thinking is that?  

Not liking his specific form of protest is one thing, but saying he's doing well for himself so he should keep quiet or racism isnt that prevalent is asinine.  

Bruh, white supremacy is a mental illness that most white people refuse to understand. This country is perfect to them.

Next up, Kap will hold his breath until he turns blue.  Many will claim that "we still don't get it"

It's easy to point at the problem. A lot harder to actually do something about it. Message board warriors and millionaire quarterbacks have that in common at least

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

Next up, Kap will hold his breath until he turns blue.  Many will claim that "we still don't get it"

It's easy to point at the problem. A lot harder to actually do something about it. Message board warriors and millionaire quarterbacks have that in common at least

We don't expect you to get it. 

And dude, be honest. You don't think there is a problem and even if you did, you couldn't give an eighth of a **** less. 

27 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

There is absolutely no reason for the national anthem to played in any domestic sporting event. Just none. It's stupid.

And Kap well within his right not to stand. He a real one. 

Your views on the anthem being played are stupid.  Why not do it.

As to Kap's right to do it, you're right.  And I spend every day defending that right.  I also defend the right of people to talk crap about him for doing it.  Two way street.

28 minutes ago, grego said:

Alot of red herrings and such here (surprise!).... 

I don't believe anyone is saying there is no more racism in America. Only that when a country has twice elected a half black president, the contention that there is systematic racism (which seems to be what Kaep is saying) rings hollow. 

Anyway, back to the usual partisan and tribal accusations and such..... 

ahh, we have a black president. Forgot. 

Since we are a monolith, do i get a room in the White House? Because if so, I've been getting screwed for 8 years and I ain't gonna stand for it anymore

pun intended 

6 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

It's interesting how angry some folks get when a minority uses their voice. Always shut up and be happy. Deep thinkers.

Cmon man, his bank acct is loaded. Cant be all that bad amirite

also wonder if this is where  i put my foot down and claim that everyone is sissified and PC pansies and such.

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Nah man

rich athletes are only supposed to be robots. They can't make a difference because they don't have souls 

or something 

Don't think anyone is saying that.  But maybe he could actually lift a finger.  Instead he.... sat.   

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Nah man

rich athletes are only supposed to be robots. They can't make a difference because they don't have souls 

or something 

Please. :rolleyes:

You are embarrassing yourself.

Not standing for the anthem is so lame. So easy.

The actions of a Limousine liberal. Probably wanted to show everybody he is still "of the street" despite his millions.

No one is going to give two squats about what he thinks of anything if he can't play some good football soon.

Because no one cares what someone is protesting from the bench. :) 

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

The actions of a Limousine liberal. Probably wanted to show everybody he is still "of the street" despite his millions.

No on is going to give two squats about what he thinks of anything if he can't play some good football soon.

Solid take

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Don't think anyone is saying that.  But maybe he could actually lift a finger.  Instead he.... sat.   

How do you know he hasn't lifted a finger? 

His social media says that he is very active. 

But yeah, hot takes be hot takes 

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

No one is going to give two squats about what he thinks of anything if he can't play some good football soon.

"Of the street"

LOL wow. You typed that stupid **** up and STILL posted it 

where do I sign up to be "of the street" ? 

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

"Of the street"

LOL wow. You typed that stupid **** up and STILL posted it 

where do I sign up to be "of the street" ? 

Wow, that's the best you can do to react to my posts?

That's almost as lame as someone sitting during the national anthem.

No wonder you're so supportive of Colin. :) 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Also it's really um interesting (I guess?) how everyone was applauding Muhammad Ali's stances once he died but Kaep is essentially doing the same. 

Maybe Ali became less scary when he couldn't speak anymore? 

Maybe because Ali was the GOAT at his sport?

People respect Ali because he put his money where his mouth was and actually had to sit out of his chosen profession for a while.  Then he came back and dominated.

I think Adam Schefter said it best in his tweet earlier this evening:

Colin Kaepernick didn't stand for National Anthem in first 2 preseason games, either: few noticed because he wasn't in uniform, didn't play.

The consensus seems to be that if it means something to you, there are other things that you can do.  If he is, that's great.  I haven't heard about them.  If he isn't, then this is kind of petulant.

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Kaepernick could organize a 10 million inter species march on Washington and you'd still make the same ignorant ass joke because you clearly don't give a **** about what's happening outside your bubble

but keep going 

next thing you'll tell me is that he's growing his hair out to look more "hood" 

And what bubble are we in?

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Kaepernick could organize a 10 million inter species march on Washington and you'd still make the same ignorant ass joke because you clearly don't give a **** about what's happening outside your bubble

but keep going 

Not worth the headache, bud

25 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

but keep going 

Was this directed at me?  Or are you ignoring my point that he hasn't actually done anything for his cause that requires actual effort?  Im confused.

Archived