Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NCAA Football Discussion Thread

The Evil Genius

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sometimes truth has to take a backseat to respect, and humility. 

They're kids, though. They'll learn

He told the truth. No need to sugarcoat what we all saw.

another case as to why it's best to sit out the irrelevant bowl games if you are a top prospect, Jake Butt tore his ACL in the Orange Bowl for Michigan.

he was the #1 tight end and was going in the first round in the draft. Now that is up in the air.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18385112/michigan-wolverines-te-jake-butt-suffered-torn-acl-orange-bowl

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He told the truth. No need to sugarcoat what we all saw.

And like I said, sometimes, being respectful is better than being truthful. And sometimes, if you're gonna be truthful, then do it without being a prick.

It's real easy to call other teams soft when neck deep in top level recruits and are just physically better than those kind of teams. All the heart in the world won't stop you from getting knocked around.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And like I said, sometimes, being respectful is better than being truthful. And sometimes, if you're gonna be truthful, then do it without being a prick.

It's real easy to call other teams soft when neck deep in top level recruits and are just physically better than those kind of teams. All the heart in the world won't stop you from getting knocked around.

This is the issue I have with fans and media. We want honesty but we really don't. We don't like people being boring but we don't like that either.

I rather performers and people in public eye tell the truth than lie to be pleasant.

7 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Whomever talked Jerod Evans into entering the draft hopefully has nothing to do with other NFL prospects...

Did he go? Last I saw he was debating it and waiting for his eval. If so, that's just a disaster for him. Sounds like somebody trying to make a buck off him somehow. Poor kid, he isn't close to ready. 

32 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Anyone watching Penn State-USC?  Betting turnover would have been smart.

Betting the over, I mean.  Autocorrect.

I took PSU +7.5. 

Are we still thinking they didn't deserve the playoff? Like this team would have been shut out against Clemson? 

Or couldnt have given Bama a better game? 

They deserved it 

On 1/1/2017 at 5:13 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

This is the issue I have with fans and media. We want honesty but we really don't. We don't like people being boring but we don't like that either.

I rather performers and people in public eye tell the truth than lie to be pleasant.

I guess it's impossible to be honest or interesting without being an asshole. 

Good to know now so I can tell me kids one day this valuable life lesson. 

1 minute ago, Elessar78 said:

meh. They were down by like 2 touchdowns going into the third. 

I don't know. Penn State was up 14 with 9min left in the game and also had the ball with 45 seconds left tied. 

Giving up 14 straight like that and then hanging USC the ball in yore territory to close the game is a gag to me

The bowl game was certainly exciting, not exactly a defensive purist's cup of tea, but exciting.  Penn State only loses something like 3 seniors, so depending on whether anyone leaves early or not, they should be right back in the middle of things next season.

Note, I do not think Penn State would have beaten either Alabama or Clemson, but I do think they would have given more fight than OSU or Washington.

47 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Didn't realize that mcsorley kid is from Ashburn Va

Yeah, Briar Woods.  It's a smaller school that plays in smaller state championships so I honestly didn't think too much of him, size and arm strength notwithstanding.  But as has been mentioned many times in Big Ten games, the kid has a bit of a Rex Grossman "**** it" attitude despite the relative lack of measurables.

It works for him because Penn State has a gigantic Tight End and a few tall receivers who are good at contesting catches.  But it does blow up in his face occasionally, and the last drive was one of those times.  I like watching the kid, though I'd be happier if we had a Sam Darnold type back there instead.  That kid will be playing on Sundays for years.

On 1/1/2017 at 11:34 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Sometimes truth has to take a backseat to respect, and humility. 

They're kids, though. They'll learn

Truth can be fine, as well as confidence. Being a douche after the fact...pointless.

I certainly disagree about the "kids" thing though. These are grown ass men...between their family, coaches, teachers, and friends...they should know better. 

On 1/1/2017 at 5:13 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

Umm what? I think we all learned the old saying...honesty is the best policy...right? We all appreciate honesty, we are simply irritated by ignorance and false bravado. 

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

Yeah, Briar Woods.  It's a smaller school that plays in smaller state championships so I honestly didn't think too much of him, size and arm strength notwithstanding.  But as has been mentioned many times in Big Ten games, the kid has a bit of a Rex Grossman "**** it" attitude despite the relative lack of measurables.

It works for him because Penn State has a gigantic Tight End and a few tall receivers who are good at contesting catches.  But it does blow up in his face occasionally, and the last drive was one of those times.  I like watching the kid, though I'd be happier if we had a Sam Darnold type back there instead.  That kid will be playing on Sundays for years.

Godwin was both awesome and awful in stretches. Not having Blacknall hurt because it really made him predictable-particularly on that last INT.

USC pass Rush limited TM and kept Gesicki from going out as much. 

Archived