Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Tom Brady's four-game suspension reinstated

Audible_Red40

Goodell has also announced that my ability to give a **** has been suspended for over a year now, with no end in sight.

~Bang

I care because my brother has Brady on his fantasy football team. :)

Probably not. Garoppolo is ready to plug and play. This could be the Bledsoe to Brady transition again.

Yeah, the Patriots schedule isn't too tough to start out.

Without Brady, they will probably lose the opener to the Cardinals, but the other 3 (Texans, Bills, Dolphins) are very winnable, even without Brady.

I could see them going 3-1 in that span. 2-2 at the worst.

Probably not. Garoppolo is ready to plug and play. This could be the Bledsoe to Brady transition again.

Garoppolo has thrown, what, about 15 passes in his NFL career? No one knows how he is going to perform when asked to play. He's in the best possible situation and system to be successful though. They got 11 wins out of Matt Cassell.

I thought I read somewhere that the Supreme Court only hears about 1% of the cases put before them (they must get A LOT of requests for hearings :) ).

This seems too frivolous for the SC. They usually deal with Constitutional issues, as well as executive (president) versus legislative (congress) issues.

Since Brady's Constitutional rights aren't being violated, I can't see the SC taking this up.

Yeah I'd be shocked if the Supreme Court touches this. Muhammed Ali and the Vietnam War it ain't.

Garoppolo has thrown, what, about 15 passes in his NFL career? No one knows how he is going to perform when asked to play. He's in the best possible situation and system to be successful though. They got 11 wins out of Matt Cassell.

31 (of which he completed 20). :lol:  Yes it's a small n but I think he's been the long-range succession plan guy all along. This could accelerate the transition much like Bledsoe's injury did. That is, assuming Jimmy plays really well...

How awesome would it be if come Week 5, they decide to roll with Garoppolo because he is doing well, Brady gets pissy and retires, and then Garoppolo falls on his face!!!!  Please Lord, let it happen.

If it were truly the same, Tom Lady would ultimately end up on the Cowboys and be replaced by the future version of Tony romoSUCKS.  :lol:

Brady gave up. Will serve the four game suspension. On the FS1 ticker this morning.

You know, I could really get behind and like Brady's "story" of being a 6th round pick that nobody thought would do anything, to 4 time SB champ, if he wasn't such an arrogant asshole douchebag.

Is Brady allowed in the building and at practice during the suspension? What allows when a player is allowed there or not?

Nope - a suspended player is not allowed any contact with the team during the suspension period.  

In boston this week. I'm so tempted to ask the locals what they think but I will be spending a lot of time here the next 4-8 months. I think I'll just observe.

I fully expect bellichek to pull out his new & improved bag of tricks this year. Every rule will be pushed to the edge.

In boston this week. I'm so tempted to ask the locals what they think but I will be spending a lot of time here the next 4-8 months. I think I'll just observe.

I fully expect bellichek to pull out his new & improved bag of tricks this year. Every rule will be pushed to the edge.

His book on cheating ways and dirty tactics is probably large, worn, and well used. :)

Sheehan, again, ranting this morning about how the weeks report proved Brady didn't deflate balls.

Okeedokee then.

I wonder if he read it. I did, and the problem with that investigation is it doesn't definitively prove anything one way or the other. There is really not enough evidence for the punishment Commissioner Dogbutt meted out. IMHO it's a punishment that the other owners wanted in order to hit the Pats for their accumulated transgressions. But why not just call it that and be done? Chicken****...

I wonder if he read it. I did, and the problem with that investigation is it doesn't definitively prove anything one way or the other. There is really not enough evidence for the punishment Commissioner Dogbutt meted out. IMHO it's a punishment that the other owners wanted in order to hit the Pats for their accumulated transgressions. But why not just call it that and be done? Chicken****...

I think if you hate Goodell, and/or like Brady, youre not happy.

I still don't get the "it was proven he didn't do it" line I hear every time I turn on sports radio. No question he was obviously involved based on the text messages that they actually saw.

Whether or not it gave him a big competitive advantage is another issue. But to keep hearing that he wasn't involved is crazy.

Its baffling.

Again, for the millionth time. There was no proof Tom deflated or ordered balls to be deflated. Nothing was proven by the NFL.

He was suspended for not cooperating/covering it up. They do know he was involved somehow.

Why do we even care anymore? It's over and Tom is taking his medicine.

#moveon

Apparently he's also not allowed to play catch in his own backyard with his teammates during his suspension. As happy as I am about him being suspended (yes, still sour about 52-7...), I think that's going a bit too far. That's basically saying "Brady, you're grounded. You can't go outside with your friends for 4 weeks".

Again, for the millionth time. There was no proof Tom deflated or ordered balls to be deflated. Nothing was proven by the NFL.

He was suspended for not cooperating/covering it up. They do know he was involved somehow.

Why do we even care anymore? It's over and Tom is taking his medicine.

#moveon

There is also no proof he covered it up. That is circumstantial supposition. Again, the report doesn't show him being guilty of anything other than being his usual dick self.

I've moved on from Tom Lady and the Patsies, but don't think I'll ever move on from Commissioner Dogbutt's capricious misuse of his power. This is but one example of that.

Yes, he can attend training camp. Once the regular season starts, he has to stay away. Just like the other players that have been suspended. His suspension is not any different.

yes, I'm aware that he has to stay away from the facility and stadium. I know those are the rules. But it's crazy that he can't even play catch in the backyard of his own home with a couple of the guys during those 4 weeks. Goodell shouldn't be able to stop him from doing that.

Archived