Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Tom Brady's four-game suspension reinstated

Audible_Red40

There is also no proof he covered it up. That is circumstantial supposition. Again, the report doesn't show him being guilty of anything other than being his usual dick self.

Oh well, then he shouldn't have been a dick. :)

If he had just pushed the 'pause' button oh his arrogance for just a little while and sat down and talked with the special investigator just once, he would be playing weeks one through four this season.

Oh well, then he shouldn't have been a dick. :)

If he had just pushed the 'pause' button oh his arrogance for just a little while and sat down and talked with the special investigator just once, he would be playing weeks one through four this season.

He met the investigator three times.  He only refused to meet with them the fourth time when it became obvious that the whole process was a sham.  He handed over two cell phones and gave them all the text records of the third, destroyed phone, even though he was under no legal or professional obligation to do so.  Not sure how that makes him a dick in this situation.  Goodell, on the other hand, has been nothing but a dick from the time he became comish and through this entire process, yet people cheer him here.  I don't get it.  The hate is blinding.

^ most redskins fans (such as me) are still sour about that 52-7 loss in 07. At least that's where my hate for him is coming from :D that, and all the winning that they do, and the spying stuff. And I hate every NFL team not named the redskins.

I don't know what the right details are about what happened, I'm just happy he won't be playing for 4 weeks in general

He met the investigator three times.  He only refused to meet with them the fourth time when it became obvious that the whole process was a sham.  He handed over two cell phones and gave them all the text records of the third, destroyed phone, even though he was under no legal or professional obligation to do so.  Not sure how that makes him a dick in this situation.  Goodell, on the other hand, has been nothing but a dick from the time he became comish and through this entire process, yet people cheer him here.  I don't get it.  The hate is blinding.

You are right. The hate is blinding.

That is, your blinding hate for Goodell has clouded your own judgment if you think Brady is completely innocent in this, has been completely cooperative, and that the NFL and Goodell were out to GET BRADY no matter what in a conspiracy to bring down one of the NFL's star players. :rolleyes:

I think Oliver Stone has a position on his staff for you. :)

147741-weird-al-seems-a-little-crazy-1uc

He met the investigator three times. He only refused to meet with them the fourth time when it became obvious that the whole process was a sham. He handed over two cell phones and gave them all the text records of the third, destroyed phone, even though he was under no legal or professional obligation to do so. Not sure how that makes him a dick in this situation. Goodell, on the other hand, has been nothing but a dick from the time he became comish and through this entire process, yet people cheer him here. I don't get it. The hate is blinding.

Brady told the investigators & Goodell that he changes his phones every so often (i.e., not on a set schedule). When he does this he gives his phone to his assistant who 'destroys' them for him. And yet he was able to produce phones for the investigation team that were used in the Fall prior to the Indy game. When he was to hand over the phone in use at the time of the Indy game he said he gave it to his assistant the day before & it was destroyed (or he had no idea where it was - I cant recall exactly what it was). In any event that phone was never turned over. See the inconsistency to his story? His lawyers produced a list of the phone numbers who were texted/called on that missing phone but not the details of the messages. The NFL would have had to subpoena each phone owner to get the details of the messages- they weren't going to do that. Brady & NE had an obligation to cooperate. He didn't. It was the "preponderance of evidence" not "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard the NFLPA agreed to that allowed Goodell to make the decision to suspend him.

I only know what I read in the report. And it doesn't show Tom Lady being guilty of obstructing the investigation.

Even if it did, is a 4 game suspension really appropriate here?

Past evidence shows Commissioner Dogbutt is prone to frontier justice (see Redskins and Cowboys cap hit fiasco) so my best guess is there was an actual conspiracy to dole out a wallop to the Pats.

I only know what I read in the report. And it doesn't show Tom Lady being guilty of obstructing the investigation.

Even if it did, is a 4 game suspension really appropriate here?

Past evidence shows Commissioner Dogbutt is prone to frontier justice (see Redskins and Cowboys cap hit fiasco) so my best guess is there was an actual conspiracy to dole out a wallop to the Pats.

There's no way Goodell had some reason to go after NE - it's well known he & their owner are tight (much more so than say, Goodell & Snyder). 

Brady & his 2 buddies had a scheme to alter game approved footballs (i.e., after they had been inspected & approved by the officials). More air, less air, stickum, rubbing the balls on their nutsack - doesn't matter. They were doing something out of camera shot to the balls. That's not allowed - i.e, illegal - i.e., cheating - i.e., messes with the integrity of the game. 

How long did this go on? Who knows? What was done to the balls? Who knows? Did it give them an advantage? Who knows? 

Altered game approved balls - multiple times. Cheated. 4 games? **** - if that was pick-a-Redskin-QB-name it would have been longer. 

Again, for the millionth time. There was no proof Tom deflated or ordered balls to be deflated. Nothing was proven by the NFL.

He was suspended for not cooperating/covering it up. They do know he was involved somehow.

Why do we even care anymore? It's over and Tom is taking his medicine.

#moveon

Criminal, beyond a reasonable doubt proof? Probably not.

But this isn't a criminal proceeding.

At any rate, it's pretty obvious what was going on.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7226664

Agreed that his lack of cooperation did him in.

I've just been mystified by the meme that it was "proven he didn't do it".

• 4 months later...

goodell owes brady an apology? ummmm... i think not. 

but, i did click on the article, so....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-owes-tom-brady-an-apology-183157757.html

On Dec. 4, the New York Giants got ahold of a couple of Pittsburgh Steeler footballs and decided to see if they were below the NFL pregame inflation minimum of 12.5 pounds per square inch.

“The PSIs were a little low,” Giants coach Ben McAdoo said.

According to the ProFootballTalk, the balls came in at 11.8 and 11.4 psi. The Giants told the league, although not via a “formal complaint,” whatever that is. The NFL isn’t saying much, but it apparently checked to see if the referees had maintained control of the balls and dismissed the situation quickly.

Why? Because by time the Giants obtained and presumably checked the balls on the sideline, the temperature in Pittsburgh was between 41.0 and 41.2 degrees, according to Weather Underground’s historical data.

Footballs lose air pressure in cold weather. The numbers were explained away by science, not cheating. This was nothing. Nothing happened, nothing at all.

“All footballs were in compliance,” the NFL stated after Fox’s Jay Glazer reported on the incident.

The situation was properly handled. Good job, NFL.

That means given the chance to do deflate-gate all over again – the initial situation with the New England Patriots scandal is nearly identical (even considering whatever happened in the Foxborough bathroom, which we’ll get to below) – the NFL chose to do nearly the exact opposite.

In action, if not words, the league is acknowledging it got it all wrong the first time. So now it’s incumbent upon NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to do the right thing and verbalize it with a simple but noble act.

He should apologize to Tom Brady.

On July 28, 2016 at 4:05 PM, GoSkins0721 said:

How long did this go on? Who knows? What was done to the balls? Who knows? Did it give them an advantage? Who knows? 

It has been proven time and time again that it doesn't matter how much air is in the football when it is in the hands of Mr Tom Brady. The guy is simply a badass.

1 hour ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

It has been proven time and time again that it doesn't matter how much air is in the football when it is in the hands of Mr Tom Brady. The guy is simply a badass.

Brady is just good with balls....its as simple as that.

3 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

He's an excellent qb. If he were on my team, I'd build a statue of him in my front yard and pray to it. 

As a redskins fan, the way he goes off on his teammates (even going back to our ass kicking years ago when he screamed at his lineman for jumping offsides, going for it on fourth down, up by a out 35 points) he appears to be a complete dick. 

Dick or not, he may be the best of all time. 

He still was in on deflating balls. 

1 hour ago, grego said:

He's an excellent qb. If he were on my team, I'd build a statue of him in my front yard and pray to it. 

As a redskins fan, the way he goes off on his teammates (even going back to our ass kicking years ago when he screamed at his lineman for jumping offsides, going for it on fourth down, up by a out 35 points) he appears to be a complete dick. 

Dick or not, he may be the best of all time. 

He still was in on deflating balls. 

Again, it's been proven, including this year, that it doesn't matter how inflated the balls are. Have you not been paying attention? The guy is in the MVP conversation, despite missing 4 games. 

12 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Again, it's been proven, including this year, that it doesn't matter how inflated the balls are. Have you not been paying attention? The guy is in the MVP conversation, despite missing 4 games. 

I dont disagree. But that's a different point. 

He clearly doesn't need to  deflate balls anymore than Barry Bonds needed steroids to be great at hitting a ball. But they obviously felt it helped, or they wouldn't have done it. 

What I'm completely perplexed by is this meme of Bradys innocence that gets repeated all around sports media. 

As if Goodell being a dick means Brady didn't deflate balls, or Brady being great with normally inflated balls means he didn't deflate balls. Or because air pressure decreases in cold weather, Brady is innocent. 

Goodell owes Brady an apology? The Wells report proved Brady was innocent? How so, exactly? 

It's insanity. 

8 hours ago, grego said:

I dont disagree. But that's a different point. 

He clearly doesn't need to  deflate balls anymore than Barry Bonds needed steroids to be great at hitting a ball. But they obviously felt it helped, or they wouldn't have done it. 

It's all superstitious or feel. He likes the balls with a little less air. Rodgers has stated he likes more air than normal. The "cheating" stuff is nonsense. It doesn't help them play any better. In fact, in the playoff game vs the Colts where the officials were tipped off about the balls...Brady played much better AFTER the officials discovered the under inflated balls.

And, if you needed more proof that it doesn't matter, just look at what Brady has done since returning from the ridiculous suspension. He's still playing at an MVP level.

The Bonds comparison is apples to oranges. It's been proven that roids give a hitter more distance. So Bonds benefitted by hitting more HR. 

the Giants are a dirty organization! They strike again! Now using Walkie talkies to communicate!!! Double standard strikes again! Draft picks and salary cap should be taken away from the Giants !!!! You violated the spirit of the football game Mara!!!

11 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

well guys, if it wasn't clear before it's pretty clear now that the whole deflategate was a scam job/smear campaign against Brady.... steelers do the exact same thing and there's nothing to investigate. Right.....

It was more like the NFL vs the players. And that we can charge you whatever we want and you can't do nothing about it! 

On 12/15/2016 at 11:28 PM, RedskinsMayne said:

well guys, if it wasn't clear before it's pretty clear now that the whole deflategate was a scam job/smear campaign against Brady.... steelers do the exact same thing and there's nothing to investigate. Right.....

Not sure if serious... 

why wouldn't I be serious? I am seriously serious. It's pathetic. The patriots should have their fines removed and picks reinstated, and goodell should personally apologize to Tom Brady. The Patriots might not be my favorite team, but you have to admire what they've accomplished. 

Its easy because they are winning, but the patriots are one of the teams i root for besides they skins, not that they need it.

2 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

why wouldn't I be serious? I am seriously serious. It's pathetic. The patriots should have their fines removed and picks reinstated, and goodell should personally apologize to Tom Brady. The Patriots might not be my favorite team, but you have to admire what they've accomplished. 

Its easy because they are winning, but the patriots are one of the teams i root for besides they skins, not that they need it.

It was the Giants.

By the way, I agree with you. Goodell definitely should apologize to Brady and make things right with the Patriots. They most certainly got screwed in that whole joke of a scandal.

Archived