Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

With the 245th pick in the ES mock draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select: Denver Kirkland, OG-Arkansas.

Looking forward to the real one next week.  I have no idea what we are going to do...but I'm pumped.

This has been fun, looking forward to next year, and I'm out.

Sorry, besides being in the central time zone, I went out to dinner for a co-worker's birthday after work, and somewhat distracted by the Caps game while deciding between two people on my board. (Also, the Norman signing, as in he signed with Green Bay? I'll have to google that after my pick.) Now, without further ado, with the 248th pick of the 2016 ES Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

Stephen Weatherly, EDGE, Vanderbilt

635813065500341447-NAS-Vandy-Missouri-ga

He's got size, strength, and speed to rush and set the edge, but he's got to work on technique and discipline.

With the Packers' draft concluded, here is the summary:

1st round: Darron Lee, ILB

Nate Palmer walked in the offseason, and ILB needed an upgrade

2nd round: Artie Burns, CB

Casey Hayward walked in the offseason, so Artie can work in at dime

3rd round: Austin Hooper, TE

Quarless has not been re-signed this offseason and the position could use an upgrade. Packers signed Cook just after the roster freeze, but even with Cook, I was happy to take Hooper.

4th round A: Josh Ferguson, RB

Adds a change-of-pace option to give the offense another dimension

4th round B : Kyle Murphey, OL

Don Barclay was unsigned as of the roster freeze, so a new developmental/backup OL was in order. TT loves his 4th-round College LTs, so here's another.

5th round: Jacoby Brissett, QB

Brett Hundley quickly graduated from developmental QB to backup QB pushing out Scott Tolzien and opening a spot for a developmental QB.

6th round: Nile Lawrence-Stample, NT

B.J. Raji's unexpected retirement opened up a spot for a two-gapper. This guy was rated as a top-5 two-gapper by Tony Pauline.

7th round: Stephen Weatherly, EDGE

Mulumba's release and Neal not being re-signed (still a free agent) opened up a spot for an edge rusher. He's got great measurables.

Traded away pick 125 (end of 4th round) plus a 2017 4th for the Steelers' 2017 2nd.

227. Miami Dolphins (from Ravens) - TAVON YOUNG, CB, Temple
236. Detroit Lions - AUSTIN BLYTHE, C, Iowa
237. New Orleans Saints - BRIEAN BODDY-CALHOUN, CB, Minnesota
239. Indianapolis Colts - KEVON SEYMOUR, CB, USC
245. Cincinnati Bengals - DENVER KIRKLAND, G, Arkansas

Literally had all of these guys on the radar for pick 224. Ultimately went with Deon Bush to put a nasty streak on the Chargers D. Had to put my bias aside for hard hitting safties from Miami, and he still was the best fit for us. Just wish I had more 7th round picks this year.  

What is the dutch doin???

I could speculate but I've been to Holland and seen them in action. 

I'd probably get banned if I went into detail. 

GHH you're a good guy and all that, but please remember us "uptight gun slinging Americans" kept that little island from being over run not too long ago ;)

You have a habit of tipping up half way through things when we've done all the dirty work and claiming you won. 

You don't count!  :P.

Hail. 

Then I guess I'll have to go to Holland to find out. :D

Can I come? PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'll be REAL good. Promise! (Or REAL bad if we're fully indulging haha!).

Yeah just woke up with new tattoo, Tiger in my room and a Chinees guy in the truck of my car.

Dutch! You MONSTER! You are my new hero!

Hail. 

I just got computer access again. I got another old computer a windows xp. I am sorry but The other computer just stopped working and I was not able to get online.

So gallen is back but I cant send him a pm. Guess we'll see if he notices this and wants to make his last pick.

The Eagles draft went as follows:

Round 1, 8 - Carson Wentz, QB - NDSU

Round 3, 77 - Shon Coleman, OT - Auburn

Round 3, 79 - Devontae Booker, RB - Utah

Round 4, 100 - Maurice Canady, CB - Virginia

Round 5, 153 - Jordan Payton, WR - UCLA

Round 5, 164 - Jason Fanaika, DE - Utah

Round 6, 188 - De'Vondre Campbell, LB - Minnesota

Round 7, 233 - Luther Maddy, DT - Virginia Tech

Round 7, 251 - Aziz ****tu, DE - Stanford

No trades.

The Eagles had a completely different plan for round 1 but when Wentz fell, we had to take him. With Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel on the roster, the quarterback situation couldn't be taken lightly. Since the real Eagles traded up to number two, there's no doubt that they will take Goff or Wentz with the pick.

Not having a second round pick hurt us as we really needed to address other areas. We watched painfully  as player after player in our sights was taken. However, we were happy to take a chance on Coleman in the third. A cancer survivor, we think his health won't be an issue and he'll contribute on the line and eventually replace Peters.

Another need after Chip Kelly's ridiculous purge and the subsequent cleanup, is running back. Sproles is aging and Mathews' best year was in 2013 with the Chargers. Since then, he hasn't played a full season and racked up a whopping total of 539 yards last year. Devontae Booker will step up and give the Eagles a powerful rusher.

The Eagles secondary has been a sieve. Despite adding Ron Brooks and Rodney McLeod in free agency, Maurice Canady at corner will help solidify the unit with his great hands and agility. He also returns punts.

Jordan Payton will add a possession receiver to the depleted wide out corps. He catches what he should and can brush off defenders in press.

De'Vondre Campbell is more than likely a long term project as he needs to get better at following his assignments. However, he's a fantastic blitzer and attacks the ball. His size and athleticism fit the bill.

In round 7 we took on a couple of prospects for the D line. Depth is a definite need for the Eagles here.

Overall, I think this was a good draft that filled some major needs.

My thanks to Epoch for all the time and effort you have put into this mock. And, congrats to all of us, as it looks like we will actually finish!

Dolphins completed draft

1. Sheldon Rankins DT

2. Karl Joseph S

3. Kenneth Dixon RB

4. Cyrus Jones CB 

5. Antonio Morrison MLB

6. De'runnya Wilson WR

7. Tavon Young CB

7. Will Anthony -- DE-OLB

7. Jay Lee WR

I pretty much hit the main positions I wanted to upgrade for them outside of the O line.  They did spend some money in FA on that front.  My favorite picks from a bargain stand point is getting the 2 corners Cyrus Jones and Tavon Young -- both are small-fast guys who also add a strong element to special teams.  In reality, I doubt either guy will be available in that rounds I took them.  Maybe there is a long shot Jones is available in the 4th but I see him often in the late 2nd, early third.  Young I usually see in the 4th-5th. 

I am a big Rankins guy and Joseph guy and I think I got both in good places but not really bargains.  I like Dixon a lot from a Redskins centric stand point -- the dude can catch, he's elusive, and not a bad blocker -- durable too.  Also from a Redskins centric view Wilson in the 6th isn't a bad get, big size WR, red zone target.

Archived