Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

First, there was...

The Fridge.

fridge350x350.jpg

No, I said the fridge! Like William "The Fridge" Perry!

william_perry_photofile.jpg

Yeah this one.

He used to do every thing for the Bears, DL, FB, RB, Cheerleader, whatever Mike D needed...

Now, there will be:

baylor-bears-laquan-mcgowan-wwe.jpg?itok

With pick 226th, Rd 7 Pick 5, the Jacksonville Jaguars have selected:

LaQuan McGowan, TE/DL/FB/HB/RB/OL whatever you need, Baylor

GM Statement: LaQuan is a tremendous guy, he's 6'7", 400lbs... That's something that opposing D will have to take into account, because he's unstoppable. Don't get me wrong, he's really no fluke, guy can catch, is an experienced blocker as well and he can run. The beauty here is that you can stash him wherever you want, OL, FB, TE, he'll be a monster to stop in RZ situations. And you can also plug him on goal line situation to eat spaces.

Don't let his weight deceive you, guy can play football in the NFL at many positions, and we just love his versatility, and the physical mismatch he creates each time he steps on the field. So he'll be another huge offensive weapon for Blake Bortles with our core of young receivers and a TE group that is coming together and TJ Yeldon as a RB. Yeldon could hide behind McGowan without anybody noticing him...

Welcome to the Jaguars McGowan, Was told our coaches are being impatient working with you for many years to come.

LaQuan McGowan, TE/DL/FB/HB/RB/OL whatever you need, Baylor

I need him to play CB.

Please make that happen.

And leave it to the French guy to listen to the Brit who said someone needs to draft this guy...just because.

By the way, I have to rework my short list, because I think I just saw your guy eat my guy.

I need him to play CB.

Please make that happen.

And leave it to the French guy to listen to the Brit who said someone needs to draft this guy...just because.

By the way, I have to rework my short list, because I think I just saw your guy eat my guy.

CB? I guess he'll just pancake the opposing WR on the ground in 2 secs by falling on him. We still believe that is in the rules on the NFL.

But yeah, I could see us playing him at QB on a QB sneak for sure.

And btw, I didn't listened to GHH as I pmed him after his post because I was really planning on drafting him.

Ofcourse we are talking about Justin Zimmer, DL, GLIAC!

You should really change the color of the policy on your pick's name, it's really, really tough to read white on white...

Besides we're having a real nice roll here. Lots of picks within  short span, keep it going every one!

I need him to play CB.

Please make that happen.

If I got a Franchman to listen to a Brit, then I do believe I could indeed sell snow to Eskimo's. 

Hail. 

Looks like nobody is picking tonight. I have pick 232 and will see in the morning if the other 4 teams before me have picked. Probably around 9:00 or 10:00 am est.  I thought I would get my last pick in today because things were moving a little bit but then it came to a complete stop. Bummer!!

I love it when teams trade in the 7th. Fearing your guy will be picked while at the same time teams are drafting guys you never scouted due to lack of time or first reports weren't great and you didn't bothered to go any further.

That's a question I'll always ask to myself in such case? who do you love so much to make a trade when he'll most probably be here when you pick again?

With the 230th pick (7th Round) in the 2016 ES NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Tom Hackett, P Utah

Last year the Vikings were near last place in every meaningful punting statistic. In short, it was horrific. Tom Hackett is a two time Ray Guy award winner, only the second person ever to be a repeat winner. He can kick both rugby style and straight away. For his career he has 65 punts of 50 yds or longer with 4 of those being 70+. Last year he came in 2nd in gross punting distance at 47.95. But he is also accurate with touch dropping 28 of his 61 kicks inside the 20 and forcing 21 fair catches! For his career he has a 43.5% average dropping the ball in side the 20! He has gotten better each year. 

He is a bit quirky and some teams may worry about his size but watch film on this guy. With his rugby background he runs with the toughness of a fullback converting all 3 of his fakes to 1st downs. Many may see this as a wasted pick questioning why you trade up for someone who at this point will likely be an UDFA. But it was a low cost for someone who should provide long term stability to a position that has been a major weakness for years. If he becomes an UDFA anyone can sign him and this was an important position to fill. Just about all the 7th round picks being made will likely never see an NFL field during a regular season game. Tom Hackett will not only make the team as the starting punter, but I believe he will be an all-pro making several pro-bowls.

With that Vikings draft is complete.

Good choice in hackett. I strongly considered him over kaser I picked in the 6th round.

If you don't mind me asking, what steered you away from Hackett to take Kaser instead? 

Edit: I just checked Dane Brugler has Hackett going to Pittsburg at 220 and Kaser going to the Jets at 235. So he has them really close.

I went back and check about 10 times because I can't believe he hasn't been drafted yet but I can't find his name so far so I will draft a player I had a 4th round grade on.

The Cleveland Browns select:

Kalan Reed cb Southern Mississippi 

This concludes the Raiders 2016 Draft. Thanks to Epoch for all the effort! Thanks to Skinsfan57 for grading!

#14 Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss

#75 TJ Green FS Clemson

#104 Willie Henry DT Michigan

#130 Jerell Adams TE South Carolina

#143 Travis Feeney LB Washington

#154 Keith Marshall RB Georgia

#156 Graham Glasgow C Michigan

#162 Malcolm Mitchell WR Georgia

#165 Jatavis Brown OLB Akron

#194 Brandon Shell OT South Carolina

#234 Marshaun Coprich RB Illinois State

Alright so jsharrin55 is next, and has already been on the clock for a while after getting skipped a few picks back.  In the interest of keeping this moving, I'm inclined to go ahead to the next team and Denver can make their picks whenever they do show up.  Hopefully everything is okay with him, but we do have a draft to finish...

So BLUF, jsharrin55 can make his two picks if/when he shows, but I am putting the Lions on the clock

Archived