Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Proposal: Let's Retire "You Like That!" (*UPDATE*: WaPo Picks Up OP)

Duckus

Fans don't need a graphic to get pumped up. They were chanting it before the team put it up there.

Putting it on a shirt and selling for charity. That's cool though.

But it's always nice to have a graphic like that just in case :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium has it next season too. If they don't, oh well.

My neighbor is a Philly fan. Saw him yesterday and he asked "how I like that."

I told him I didn't, but we won the division, achieved more than most thought and told him we still have our coach.

I added, "you like that new coach...what's his name? Oh yeah Doug Pederson. No head coaching experience ever." He shut up.

Seriously, the OP and the rest who agree with them can hand in their Man Card and Skins Supporter Card to their wives (who already hold their balls).

1) Take a breather.

2) Read my OP and follow up posts. This has nothing to do other fans, at all.

I hope it sticks.. It's a genuine catchprase that caught on and symbolizes us winning. Could also symbolize the kirk cousins era as long as he continues to do extremely well.

feels authentic as long as KC continues to add to his legacy..like "the hogs" or "the fun bunch" something that developed and wasn't forced or made up by the fans.

Wow, what a bunch of Nancy Boys.

"Ohhhhhh, boooohhhoooooo, a player from another team said something bad to us, so now let's cry and not be ourselves."

Seriously, the OP and the rest who agree with them can hand in their Man Card and Skins Supporter Card to their wives (who already hold their balls).

Efffffff off, to the rest.

By the way, tweeted "You Like That Loss" to Cobb tonight.

Eff him and Eff the rest of you whiny boys.

HTTR4ever!!!!!!!!!

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

In reality I would love for the skins to be 11-5 to 14-2 over the next 8 years with cousins at the helm and "you like that" becomes so obnoxious for opposing fans as our team crushed a them at home or away.

Hearing "you like that" in Eagles territory late in the division crown game was neat. I guess it's just a matter of winning. Winning solves everything....

I was watching the live broadcast when he said it, so the context gives it that "where were you when" feel to it.  It's the biggest comeback in Redskins history, so you gotta believe any time that fact comes up, that phrase will likely come up right behind it. I really don't care what they decided to do with "you like that" as long as we're winning.  But I'll never forget it.  A may even it say it every once in a while to check if anyone around me remembers.

BTW, awesome article. I agree in every way. Lets not make Kirk a catch phrase.

Thanks! I tried to keep the tone pretty lighthearted, some folks seemed to miss that judging by the comments. 

WHO WHERE IS HOMERSKINS??? That guy is not a fan.

1) Take a breather.

2) Read my OP and follow up posts. This has nothing to do other fans, at all.

@ Duckus (and any other poster who took offense to my post) - I apologize for that post.  It was meant to be 'funny' in a busting one's friends chops kind of way.  It was never meant to be taken as a serious post, but after reading it again, I can see that my attempt at humor fell short and was wrong.

Sorry and won't do it again.

It started organically, let it go away organically. I'm totally sure we'll hear the chants again next year. After all, they didn't even start until that Buffalo game. 

That said, I totally agree with the idea that it shouldn't be corporatized. The Redskins corporate "brain"trust tends to ruin everything. No more "rally towels," no more big stadium boards saying it ... but if the fans want to say it, let 'em. 

Archived