Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Proposal: Let's Retire "You Like That!" (*UPDATE*: WaPo Picks Up OP)

Duckus

It started organically, let it go away organically. I'm totally sure we'll hear the chants again next year. After all, they didn't even start until that Buffalo game.

That said, I totally agree with the idea that it shouldn't be corporatized. The Redskins corporate "brain"trust tends to ruin everything. No more "rally towels," no more big stadium boards saying it ... but if the fans want to say it, let 'em.

It started earlier than the week 15 game. Our fans were chanting that to giants fans after we beat them back in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Kirk clearly has a great agent/marketing team behind him. Gone to London, done two Reddit AMA's and is now in San Francisco. Ensuring he says 'You Like That' in every single interview. 

The slogan is here to stay. Probably for his whole career. I have no problem with it personally. 

Honestly, I was over it about a week after it happened.  Yay, he yelled at the camera after a big win.  That's all it meant to me.  I was somewhat embarrassed listening to Skins fans screaming it over and over.  Reminded me of the RG3 chant, which didn't work out so well either.

I had thought about posting something along these lines months ago, but less nicely than the OP, more along the "can you guys shut up with the stupid phrase already" line.  But people seemed to be enjoying themselves, so I let it go and read more of the Tailgate.

Honestly, I was over it about a week after it happened. Yay, he yelled at the camera after a big win. That's all it meant to me. I was somewhat embarrassed listening to Skins fans screaming it over and over. Reminded me of the RG3 chant, which didn't work out so well either.

I had thought about posting something along these lines months ago, but less nicely than the OP, more along the "can you guys shut up with the stupid phrase already" line. But people seemed to be enjoying themselves, so I let it go and read more of the Tailgate.

Chants like the RG3 chant ended up being a fail because he ended up being bad. If Kirk keeps playing like he did the 2nd half of the season, and winning us games, then "you like that" will stay.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about. If you don't like it, then fine, don't say it. You don't have to. But others are going to. Including me. Cause I do like that :)

Archived