Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Proposal: Let's Retire "You Like That!" (*UPDATE*: WaPo Picks Up OP)

Duckus

UPDTE: Dan Steinberg - DC Sports Bog - picked this up and asked me to write an blog post expanding on this idea. Had to clean it up, and well, actually write something properly. They just put it up. 

The title sort of explains it, but I think the fan base should leave "You Like That!" with the 2015 season. 

2015 was an amazing season and we will all remember the Tampa game as the turning point when Cousin officially took over the franchise. 

"You Like That!" was fun. It was an organic moment and it was the spark Cousin, the team, and the fans needed. 

However, I don't want us dragging it out and squeezing this moment for the next decade. I don't want it to be the next "Natitude." I don't want to turn something organic and fun into some lame corporate PR campaign - which is exactly what the Redskins are going to do.  :lol:

I ask to the fans - let's not follow Cousins around for the next 4-5 years screaming "YOU LIKE THAT" in his face.

I ask the Redskins PR - please don't try and make this a multi-year campaign. Just let us enjoy the memory without turning it into something lame. 

What say you?

"You like that" died yesterday and Randall Cobb read the eulogy.

Its over.

Let us hope.

But I don't trust the Redskins PR department....or our fans. Can't you see the oh so terrible Redskins PR department trying to create a campaign our of this? 

It will never truly die and Kirk kind have done it to himself. Whenever we lose, opposing teams players and fans are going to say, "YOU LIKE THAT!?

Yeah, it will take it a while to die..  the chant sounded stupid from the word go.  The T-shirts and towels and the Cuz's brother trying to trademark it were a bit much.

Let's let our play do the talking..  The only thing we should be chanting is REDSKINS. 

Kirk is corny and a bit of a geek.

We'll win again and he'll say something corny and geeky and we'll be at it again. It is 2016 and every organization/group wants a hashtag. 

If you go on any sports team's website, you'll see a random hashtag rallying cry.

If the Panthers lose Sunday, I guarantee the Seahawks will dab on the 50 yard line. LBs would kiss their biceps after sacking Kaepernick. Rival Fans would chant "RG3! RG3!" after he messed up.

If you use gimmicks, gimmicks will be used against you. 

It will never truly die and Kirk kind have done it to himself. Whenever we lose, opposing teams players and fans are going to say, "YOU LIKE THAT!?!?"

I think if the fans and the team walk away from it, that insult dies out after a few weeks in 2016. The problem is if our fans start chanting it at camp, pre-season, etc. Then it becomes a thing again.

Skintangibles can go along with it.  Why can't we just be a regular football team.

Am I the only one that thinks Larry Michael looks like a slimy used car salesman?  Looks related to Cerrato..  lol

I'm pretty sure Larry Michael WAS a slimy used car salesman.

I am curious if other teams have super-homerfied shows like we do.  I'm all for getting a daily dose of Redsksins information but the over the top homerism is pretty insulting.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but folks need to get over Cobb and people "mocking" us with it.  Come on now.  Players do that with anything catchphrase or signature related for any team.  Every time Cincy or New Orleans loses they have to hear opposing teams and their fans laughing about "who dey" and "who dat".  Panthers fans have to see defenses do Newton's "Superman" dance every other time he gets sacked.  How many of us have sarcastically thrown out a "How 'bout them Cowboys!?" when Dallas screws something up?  If you want to retire it because it has a special meaning to the 2015 campaign and keeping it going would just dilute the memory then fine.  But don't get butthurt because people "mock" us with it.  That just means that it got traction; that it had weight.  It's part of the price of success.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but folks need to get over Cobb and people "mocking" us with it.  Come on now.  Players do that with anything catchphrase or signature related for any team.  Every time Cincy or New Orleans loses they have to hear opposing teams and their fans laughing about "who dey" and "who dat".  Panthers fans have to see defenses do Newton's "Superman" dance every other time he gets sacked.  How many of us have sarcastically thrown out a "How 'bout them Cowboys!?" when Dallas screws something up?  If you want to retire it because it has a special meaning to the 2015 campaign and keeping it going would just dilute the memory then fine.  But don't get butthurt because people "mock" us with it.  That just means that it got traction; that it had weight.  It's part of the price of success.

People on this site are way too sensitive.

Archived