Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

28 minutes ago, Predicto said:

These jurors weren't stupid.   I think it much more likely that they were terrified of Bundy's buddies coming to visit them in the middle of the night if they dared vote to convict.   They have to live in that area.  Militia people have been standing outside the courthouse all day, every day, staring at them while caressing their open carry guns.   

I'd be scared too.

This. Add. In the course of the trial,evidence was presented of BLM employees,the Sheriff and his family,and a few others,(I believe),of harassment of them by the Bundy militia and other militia members. It was also not unheard while this was going on back in January,to have citizens in Burns and others have the same done to them. This was something I was fearful of and alluded to earlier.  I do wonder though,if this is why the one juror expressed "concerns" over the juror that was replaced. That one was possibly the 1 exception to the rest. 

Just now, PCS said:

This. Add. In the course of the trial,evidence was presented of BLM employees,the Sheriff and his family,and a few others,(I believe),of harassment of them by the Bundy militia and other militia members. It was also not unheard while this was going on back in January,to have citizens in Burns and others have the same done to them. This was something I was fearful of and eluded to earlier.  I do wonder though,if this is why the one juror expressed "concerns" over the juror that was replaced. That one was possibly the 1 exception to the rest. 

I was wondering about that... they got the one guy that wanted to convict kicked off the jury. 

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I was wondering about that... they got the one guy that wanted to convict kicked off the jury. 

Credit JJ MacNab for that suspicion. She immediately wanted to know why juror #4,(I believe),took so long to "complain" about juror #11. She's out there right now inviting that juror to make a statement if he so desires. 

Got the news before I got out of the car when I got home. Makes me want to “POL” (Party Out Loud)!
Time to turn up the heat gang. If they can win in Portland, OR, we can win just about anywhere USA…..That’s what our Progressive counterparts would do, right?

The feds new better than to **** with us!

#oregonstandoff are we surprised they got off? It's not like they did something criminal like selling loose cigarettes.

#Oregonstandoff NOT GUILTY! SAND VERMIN AND NAGGERS BTFO!"

The verdict is a huge win for the constitution !

And so on. Numerous tweets about the protest in North Dakota as well.  

This is really bothering me.  (Probably more than it should, I guess.)  Trying to figure out a way to deal with it. 

Maybe some discussion would help.  As such, I think I should propose two questions to the group, here: 

1)  Is this a problem? 

2)  How do you fix it? 

(To me, question 1 seems obvious.  Twelve American citizens were just threatened, at gunpoint, into releasing a gang of criminals back into society..  But I figure that the question does have to be asked.  I will note that I could see the argument being made that the "crime", here consisted of taking over an empty wildlife refuge.  A form of political protest which I feel that society ought to cut some people some slack, on.  But then, a different part of me feels that that was not, by any means, all that went on.  That in addition to the few people at the refuge, there was also the armed takeover of an entire town, by other people.) 

And I've got to admit, I don't really have a clue about question 2. 

This is going to take a few days to digest fully I think. I myself am tempted to step back and looks at this in a few days. Maybe then able to dive in to the 2 above. Right now,it's scary out there in the twitterverse.  

6 minutes ago, twa said:

You could attempt to answer if it was simply jury nullification or a intimidated jury.

I'm sure you know the difference

Now here we have a possibly valid point, and one which I suspect can be reasonably discussed. 

The proposal has been made that maybe this verdict is not the result of threats from people openly displaying firearms, but was rather one of the jury deciding to intentionally let the defendants off, from crimes which they knew they were actually guilty of. 

Me, I have trouble believing that twelve out of twelve people unanimously decided that the armed takeover of a place (and the intentional threatening of an entire town) were activities which they felt were completely reasonable. 

But yes, I certainly can imagine some people deciding that maybe some nullification might be in order, here.  I can even imagine multiple possible reasons why people might feel some leanings, in that direction. 

(I will also note that there's no reason why the entire jury must have all voted the same way, for the same reason.  Nothing impossible about maybe one juror ruling Not Guilty, because of sympathy for the defendants or their cause, while a different juror made the same ruling, because he felt threatened.) 

So, what do people think?  Was this a case of jury threatening?  Or of a voluntary jury nullification? 

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'm having a hard time processing this.  It feels like reality experienced a glitch, I noticed, and now I'm supposed to just be ok with it.  

Well, it is an election year.  :)

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

All I can say is be vigilant. This type of **** can grease the wheels for a ton of psychos out there.

But do it incognito to keep from tipping off the natives.

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

All I can say is be vigilant. This type of **** can grease the wheels for a ton of psychos out there.

Several of them already stating that they will "protest" again and more are coming. New possible code word being "Protest."