Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida....? oh yeah, Florida.

mcsluggo

NAACP issues travel advisory urging people to avoid Florida

The NAACP Board of Directors issued a travel advisory Saturday for the state of Florida, urging people to avoid the state.

The advisory comes as a direct response to what the Board says is an "aggressive attempt to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools" by Governor DeSantis.

The formal notice from the group states, "Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals. Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color."

Click on the link for the full article

Florida man loses arm after gator attack behind bar

A man in Florida lost his arm after being attacked by an alligator behind a bar, according to wildlife authorities.

The 23-year-old man was attacked early Sunday behind a bar in Port Charlotte, Florida, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

The man had been a patron at Banditos Bar, which is located next to a pond. Another bar patron, Manny Hidalgo, told The Daily Sun that he heard the man screaming from the pond area and went outside looking for him in the early morning darkness.

“He was yelling and swimming toward the shoreline,” Hidalgo said. “I ran and dragged him up onto the sand. I was scared to get close to the water because it was dark out.”

The man was taken by helicopter to Gulf Coast Hospital in Fort Myers, where his arm was amputated, said Todd Dunn, a spokesman for Charlotte County Fire and EMS.

Paging @Larry...

Florida Bans Men From Becoming Nurses

In a sweeping effort to curtail what he called “woke gender ideology,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a new bill into law Wednesday banning men from becoming nurses. “Imagine how disturbed a child would be at the doctor’s office if a nurse stepped into the room to take their temperature and it was a man—how would a parent even begin to explain that?” said DeSantis, who slammed the practice of letting men work in the field of nursing as “biologically unnatural” and “pure lunacy, plain and simple.”

Click on the link for the rest

What lies beneath: Florida man finds iguana lurking in his toilet bowl

Hearing “splashing” coming from his toilet, a 58-year-old Florida man looked into the bowl and found an iguana.

“I look down, and I see this frightened-looking reptile looking back at me,” John Riddle, of Hollywood, told the Orlando Sentinel.

843.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=non

Your nuts...let me taste them!

An attempt to use a pool net to remove the lurking lavatorial lizard came to no good, so Riddle “worked up enough nerve to try to grab him” with his bare hands.

The iguana swam “all the way into the toilet, into the pipe. I couldn’t see any of him,” Riddle said.

The reptile eventually climbed out of the toilet and hid behind it. From there, Riddle said, he managed to shoo it out of the house.

“I’m used to” iguanas, Riddle said, “but I’m just not used to them in my toilet bowl.”

15 hours ago, China said:

I was going to put this in the Limbaugh thread, but apparently it's been locked so we can't repeatedly celebrate his death:

Well, if I’m ever rolling through West Palm Beach, and need to drop a deuce, I’ll know exactly where!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Man barges into Fort Myers home while family eats dinner, claims he’s a ghost

A Fort Myers family had some unexpected company for dinner on Thursday night. 

The McCaslin’s were sitting down for supper when all of a sudden a random man came barging in the front door. 

“You know, he only had a bathing suit, no shoes or anything else,” said Brian McCaslin. 

He was at the table with his two teenage daughters when they heard what they thought was knocking at the door. 

“As I walked out of the area we were eating dinner at, there was an individual in the living room or front door area proceeding to advance into my house,” he said. “He was in. He was in the house.” 

Surprised at what he was seeing, McCaslin said the encounter became even stranger once the man opened his mouth. 

“He started to tell me that he was a ghost and I shouldn’t be able to see him. He was shocked that I could see him. He thought he was walking around and that nobody could see him.” 

• Haha 1

Flesh-Eating Bacteria Is Found on Florida’s Beaches

Marine Biologists at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) have discovered high levels of the Vibrio bacteria in decomposing piles of sargassum seaweed that wash up on the state’s beaches every year.

The bacteria V. vulnificas, when entering the body via an open wound or skin contact with infected standing water or sargassum, can cause blistering dermatitis and ultimately lead to sepsis if left untreated. It’s worth noting that most healthy individuals will become only mildly ill if infected, but immunocompromised individuals can suffer more severe effects. Sepsis occurs when the infection enters the bloodstream, which can lead to the need to amputate a limb.

The bacteria can also be spread to sea life residing in or on the sargassum, which, when ingested, can cause stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea.

https://www.fodors.com/world/north-america/usa/florida/experiences/news/flesh-eating-bacteria-is-heading-to-floridas-beaches-in-sargassum-bloom

Welp, I did it. Last night I broke down and wrote an email to DeSantis. I know he'll never answer, but I discovered that this spring he tried to do this:

https://thehardtimes.net/music/ron-desantis-removes-bad-brains-from-essential-hardcore-playlist/

Okay, that's several bridges too far. This chucklehead tries to play like he's in "the scene" but lists Smash Mouth and Third Eye blind? WTF, Florida? 

D.C.'s own Brains are the GOAT of har(DC)ore. KNOW THAT. "We will not do what they want or do what they say! Oh no!"

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I’m a big fan of hardcore punk rock and roll,” said DeSantis in an interview from his home in RumChata Springs, Florida. “You look at my CDs you’ll find Third Eye Blind, Gin Blossoms, and Smash Mouth, I’ve been in the scene for a long time.

Pudding Fingers Ron is a scene kid. 🤣

how-do-you-do-fellow-kids-steve-buscemi.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Ya kinda have to give Ronny D some credit. Dude is full on committing to right wing extremism. He ain't messing around. Ya gotta appreciate the dedication.

Recalling a quote from SciFi writer Jerry Pournelle. 

I don't condemn a man for being incompetent at doing the Devil's work. I condemn fin for being competent in doing the Devil's work. Admiration for his technique is part of the process. 

• Like 1