Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins vs Bears FINAL

NoLeafClover

Nope, just 1. He SHOULD have had 2, but the one at the beginning of the game was reversed cause the refs are stupid, and then on the next play, cousins ran in for a TD.

Morris ran it in for the TD. Amazingly his first rushing TD of the season.

I think the jones play where he 'fumbled' after the catch would not have been a turnover as jones had clearly given himself up and placed the ball on the floor ...

What I don't understand from our fans is when a team beats us because their kicker is perfect and ours misses one we are trash but no more than a week later our kicker is perfect and theirs misses one we are still trash but lucky trash ?

A wins a win.

We played really well the first quarter and most of the second quarter. After that not so much but we made enough plays both sides of the ball to get over the line. We had some luck though, the Jones 'fumble' recovery, overcoming that dumb delay of game penalty after a time out, the ball Kirk threw up for grabs on 3rd down which bounced into Jones hands before he forgot he's in the NFL not in College anymore. That play was huge - allowed us to take another couple of minutes off the clock.

Their kicker missing a 50 yard kick in poor conditions is not luck, thats the benefit we got of not allowing them to complete passes on 2nd and 3rd down and holding them to the 50 yard attempt. 

Chances are we will host Seattle once again if we get in the playoffs, actually. For the 4th time in a row...yikes.

I want that...I WOULD LOVE that!!..needs to happen...first  beat the bills, sweep the eagles and send the cowgirls into the long off season with a loss...then beat the panthers in Charlotte..and New England in the Super Bowl...ahhhhhh...jes that would be nice...

I think the jones play where he 'fumbled' after the catch would not have been a turnover as jones had clearly given himself up and placed the ball on the floor ...

What I don't understand from our fans is when a team beats us because their kicker is perfect and ours misses one we are trash but no more than a week later our kicker is perfect and theirs misses one we are still trash but lucky trash ?

and I don't understand why we didn't challenge the bears first td when Cutler was clearly over the line....the announcer was like, "well the back part of his heel was behind the line",,,lol..."well his shadow was clearly behind the line of scrimmage"

/well I guess his heel does count...wow never knew that...lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Quarterbacks-CAN-throw-from-beyond-the-line-of-s?urn=nfl,120829

"On a key 3rd down late in the 3rd quarter of the Giants-Eagles game, Eli Manning was flagged for a penalty for throwing the ball after having crossed the line of scrimmage. The first down completion was overturned and the Giants appeared to have been forced to kick a field goal that would have cut the Eagles lead to one point.

Tom Coughlin challenged the play though, a decision that earned catcalls from both the NBC announcing crew and the group I was watching the game with. Replays clearly showed the ball was well over the line of scrimmage.

Imagine everyone's surprise, then, when referee Walt Coleman announced that the call was overturned. The rule, apparently, dictates that every part of the quarterback's body has to be over the line of scrimmage for a penalty to be called. Since Eli's right foot was still on the line, he is considered behind the line of scrimmage and the pass is legal. To which I say, "WHAT?!"

This makes the tuck rule look like logical. Every spot ruling in football is based on the position of the ball. On a touchdown, the ball only needs to cross the plane of the endzone. The ball carrier can have his toe on the two yard line and it wouldn't matter so long as the any part of the ball is touching the end zone.

Each individual play in a game is also spotted wherever the ball is located when a player is ruled down. And this threshold isn't only subjected to the football. When a player steps out of bounds, he's considered out at the instant one foot touches the line. It doesn't matter where the rest of the body is, all that matter is that if one bit of the toe touches the OB line, that player is out.

But the line of scrimmage rule is written so that quarterbacks have to entirely cross over into another plane in order to be over the line of scrimmage? Compared to the other rules, this one is a complete outlier. It's completely ridiculous."

Taking the Giants out for a second.  If we beat the Bills and the Eagles lose to Arizona.  We are one game up but if I understand still can't lose to the Eagles and be in first place that next week because they'd have the better division record.  But we could lose to Buffalo and beat the Eagles and then be in first place -- assuming the Giants lose 1 of the next 2.

The way I understand is we win our next two and Giants lose one we are in no matter what happens in the final game.  

it all fell apart when Hankerson got hurt.

Seriously though, didn't they have like 7 former skins who weren't very good here on the team?

Yeah, lol.

Still, they started out so hot both offensively and defensively. That's just crazy how fast things went to ****.

What do you mean by don't get ****ty? Was there anything I said that was false or out of line? You're only proving my point. Trent got his lunch handed to him most of the game by a player who, while pretty good, shouldn't have caused a player of Trent's caliber much of an issue. I'm ****ty for thinking we should be able to execute the running game a little better given our level of talent and coaching?

never said ****ty but ****y... I can't circumvant profanities filter way better...

Anyway I read your post about being high on our young OL and Trent being one of the best LT. As much as I agree on this I wanted to point out that it wasn't Trent's best game. Not a shot at him though. Just an observation.

Archived