Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Exhibit A as to why I'm a HUGE Cam Newton fan...

RonArtest15

So he pulled a DeSean Jackson near the endzone?

No, he just misjudged the angle a LB had on him running at the corner of the endzone and almost got concussed for it. But someone is spinning it like arrogance or like he was strutting down the sideline. ****ing moronic.

No, he just misjudged the angle a LB had on him running at the corner of the endzone and almost got concussed for it. But someone is spinning it like arrogance or like he was strutting down the sideline. ****ing moronic.

I don't hate Cam at all and I'm going to have to disagree with you. It looked like he didn't see the guy that hit him until it was too late and he got caught slowing down and show boating a little bit.

Doesn't mean he's the devil, but it did look like a pretty good lowlight.

I don't hate Cam at all and I'm going to have to disagree with you. It looked like he didn't see the guy that hit him until it was too late and he got caught slowing down and show boating a little bit.

Doesn't mean he's the devil, but it did look like a pretty good lowlight.

It's absolutely showboating. Glad he got his ass knocked out. Hopefully he sees more of it

You guys are seeing what you want to see (not you Destino, you're just wrong ;)).

He just slows down when he shouldn't. He wasn't strutting or celebrating or even smiling. How is that showboating? He misjudged the angle or didn't see the LB at all. Didn't seem like he was showboating to me, but maybe we have different definitions. I actually thought he was injured on that play because of the way he pulled up on the speed, when it first happened.

The same thing could be said for your opinion. I saw it live and it was irritating before I saw the replay. He pulled up and was intent on taking it easy to the end zone. Show boating to get on the opponents nerves is part of his MO and he paid the price because he didn't expect to receive that lick.

He is a greatly talented player but until he stops doing stuff like that he won't reach his potential.

You guys are seeing what you want to see (not you Destino, you're just wrong ;)).

He just slows down when he shouldn't. He wasn't strutting or celebrating or even smiling. How is that showboating? He misjudged the angle or didn't see the LB at all. Didn't seem like he was showboating to me, but maybe we have different definitions. I actually thought he was injured on that play because of the way he pulled up on the speed, when it first happened.

Even if it wasn't, I applaud the ko on the simple fact that he wasn't running for dear life towards that corner.

How dare he slow down :mellow:

The same thing could be said for your opinion. I saw it live and it was irritating before I saw the replay. He pulled up and was intent on taking it easy to the end zone. Show boating to get on the opponents nerves is part of his MO and he paid the price because he didn't expect to receive that lick.

He is a greatly talented player but until he stops doing stuff like that he won't reach his potential.

Wut?  LOLOLOLOL

Hottest of hot takes.  hahahahha

• 1 month later...

You expect him to mad about the loss.  You expect him to be upset about the loss. He was mad and upset as any athlete would be. No problem with him being that.

You expect him to be mature.  You expect him to be professional. He was neither of these and that is the problem. He again pouted like a child.  That is the knock on him.

People said he'd changed.  Well it was easy to change when you were winning 17 of 18 games and the one loss was pretty meaningless. He's shown when things are great, he's Mr. Personality.  When they aren't, he's Mr. Pouty.

Exhibit A as to why I'm glad Cam Newton lost the Super Bowl.

http://car.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Cam-Newton-walks-off-in-middle-of-post-Super-Bowl-presser-43565039

"If they don't like it, they should stop me from doing it". Well, they did. And you couldn't even finish your post game presser? Let me guess, that's just "Cam being Cam".

I will defend his right to dance and whoop it up all he wants when it's good. However, when you get beat you take it like an adult. He got his head handed to him. He doesn't need to be happy or even smiling. But he needs to stay and take the verbal beating he had coming. I had no problem with his answers but his leaving was childish.

You can't have it both ways. He deserves every bit of criticism he's getting right now.

Edit: Fixed typos, hopefully....

It was not Cam's finest moment, but I also remember the QB on the winning team not showing the professionalism he's so well known back when he was on the losing side in a Colts uniform.

It's still true that he could have and should have handled it better, but maybe next time the NFL should try to ensure they won't have members of both the winning and losing teams giving interviews in such close proximity.

So apparently Cam didnt go for the fumble in the Super Bowl because he didnt want to risk injury? Really? He quit on his team, its the only thing I cna think of. Its the fricken Super Bowl, down by 6 with 4 minutes left. If he recovers that they still have a chance. This from a guy that runs between the tackles? If he didnt want to dive for that football while he did that stuff earlier in the year, to me it just means he quit mentally already.

If he didnt want to dive for that football while he did that stuff earlier in the year, to me it just means he quit mentally already.

Wade Phillips got into his head. Was obvious from the beginning and the easiest way to beat the Panthers and if you didn't see it coming you weren't paying attention.

I was so happy at the way SBXV turned out.

And Cam not going for that fumble basically summed up why I have never liked him. Ever.

1) Again, I am on record as saying I generally hate quarterbacks. Dancing quarterbacks just make it worse. Dancing and dabbing and electric sliding in your face all season, doing the Superman, beating dudes down, and when you get the tables turned on you, you start leaking estrogen, throwing temper tantrums, pouting, not going for a loose ball in the Game. Of. Your. Life.

Didn't care as much about the presser as others, except for the "it was nothing they did it was all on us" part.

Um... they whooped your ass, from gun to gun. Thats what they did. Enjoy the sweet taste of that L for the next 7 months, brotha

He's officially lost the Superman tag in my eyes. My man got sweaty palms and made a business decision. Meanwhile his teammate is playing and knocking into guys with an arm that looks like it got blasted by a laser pistol.

Cam's celebrations are just so choreographed and deliberate.  The Discount Double Check is quick, it's not every time, it's more of a reaction.  

Honeslty, most celebrations really suck, espeically the dancing ones. 

Do like Alfred's bat swing ... Browns goal post jump was hilarious. Love the Cousin Terio Dance. 

tumblr_mufw83Gs421ra73zfo1_1381385956_co

Archived