Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

JimmiJo

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

I think we're saying the same thing now, which is cut him Press Release: June 1st 2016.

I'm struggling to make sense of this, but it's not really an issue.  I don't think he can be traded or cut this year for salary cap reasons.  

The principal that I believe holds true is that the 'Skins are responsible for the entire amount of his guaranteed salary plus bonus at some point against the cap.  If they cut after the 2016 league year starts but  prior to June 1st, then the entire amount hits the 2016 cap.  After June 1st, part goes to 2016 and part to 2017.  I think.  

Maybe not.  Kindof irrelevant.  He's toast regardless. 

Yep. Need Knighton to start getting some push and Hatcher to return to week 1/2 form also.

Pass rush is the biggest concern for me right now. We aren't getting half as much going as we need to be.

Bradford can't play when flustered.

I think stats are misleading. Against the Dolphins and Rams, they were getting pressure, just not sacks.  

I toss out the Giants game.  The 'Skins haven't won there against that team since the Nixon administration.  Nothing that happens in NY should be an indicator of anything.  It's just a house of horrors.  

I agree they need to get push, but they've been getting some push with 4.  I think they'll bring some blitzes today.  

Meh, weren't we 3-6 in 2012?  "It's a marathon, not a sprint."--Our DC

Yeah, and we were 5-6 in 2005.

But at 1-3, staring 1-4 in the face (Atlanta in Atlanta is just going to be tough.  And Kyle is going to want to hang 70 on the 'Skins.  And I think he might be able to...), they might not be able to get to 3-6 to launch a little run.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is going to turn into a weekly post for me, and it's going to be my weekly plea to Sonny to retire and ride off into the sunset.

He goes down as one of the two best QBs in the history of the franchise (Can't wiforget Slingin' Sammy) and the best broadcaster in the history of the franchise, with respect to Sam and Frank.  

But it's time to hang it up.  The 'Skins aren't going to fire him.  Probably gun-shy with the amount of heat they took firing Frank. 

So he's got to step aside.  And he needs to.

Love him.  But he's painful to listen to, just makes me sad.  

Archived