Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

JimmiJo

You mean the guy that replaced the guy who was only cut as part of Jay's scapegoating efforts? (per Randy Holt ;)

Bahahaha. 

I know we're totally trolling everyone right now, but I don't care. This is a Redskins board and this kind of trolling should be considered all in good fun, lol. 

It's not like we don't have to suffer through post after post after post after post after post2 x ∞ of their whining and complaining, otherwise. 

Even if they're totally right (which they're not), it still is ridiculously annoying. We get it. We don't need to read about your criticisms 20 times a thread. It's okay if you spare us the pain and suffering. People do need to understand we're Redskins fans, in the end. As stupid as the organization can be at times, it's just as stupid to constantly complain about it. What's the point? If it's venting then it'd be here and there. But that's some psychological disease ****.

You know, I couldn't stand Dan Snyder the last two years. Hated him. Hated everything he had done with the organization to that point. Hated how the Mike Shanahan era ended. How the organization continued to have an awful structure while bringing in Gruden, and putting way too much on his plate. Allen taking over at GM. None of it was right.  

And I posted about it. But not 1,000 times. Not in every thread. I'd get sick of my own self doing that. It's annoying. Complaining about it on a message board, incessantly? What am I, an emotional 8 year old? Even decided to make a thread about doing something about it, instead, and worked with many other posters to do another fan card deal or whatever.  

If any of you are annoyed at me, Jumbo, Connskins, SpacePenguin, etc... who are calling some of these posters out on this, you shouldn't be. You should understand it's totally justified, at this point. Heck, we would be justified doing it the entire week, over and over and over again.  

And, don't get me wrong, I am pleased that a bunch of you admitted you were messed up (Brave even did and I thought he was totally fine... in fact, he's had one of the more level-heads around here than anyone else for quite some time).

But how about instead of admitting it and apologizing, you actually mean it and attempt to change? I know it's hard and we're emotional during the games... but it's okay to be frustrated quietly from time to time. It's friggin okay. Learn a lesson, for once.   

Thank you, now let's celebrate. :P

...Tom & Dick Smothers...

The Smothers Brothers were/are greatness.  Politically incorrect, and I love that. My favorite "Comedy hour" of all time.  Beyond the political, they had musical guests of The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Buffalo Springfield, Cream, and sooooo much more. I loved their brief reappearance in the 90's, or early 2000's....not sure when.  Sorry for the derailment of the thread; the Smothers Brothers are a big deal to me.  I wish there were shows like this now, but, alas,we have "progressed".... Hail 

Anyone care to give me a quick rundown being as I got distracted with other personal sporting news and have literally seen nottin' of this game?

I'm beaming at 'Cousins game winning drive'; but if there's more to add .....

Appreciation in advance. 

Hail. 

Um Yeah....

we won at the end. At Kirk's PC, he announced that Klopp isnt coming to Liverpool.

Sorry bro 

The Smothers Brothers were/are greatness.  Politically incorrect, and I love that. My favorite "Comedy hour" of all time.  Beyond the political, the had musical guests of The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Buffalo Springfield, Cream, and sooooo much more. I loved their brief reappearance in the 90's, or early 2000's....not sure when.  Sorry for the derailment of the thread; the Smothers Brothers are a big deal to me.  I wish there were shows like this now, but, alas,we have "progressed".... Hail 

Oh I love the derailment and will stand by you.  :lol:

It was landmark television and really helped introduced/supported many new performers of all kinds that went on to become great fixtures.

But then I even had all their albums too, and all their bits memorized, when I was a kid.  :ph34r:

Rare is the day when you say to yourself' "I wish I was friends with more Eagles fans". Today is such a day.

Savor it.

Hey wait,. You were one of the guys being all ****ty. Where's your "oh, gee, they didn't end up sucking their way to another embarrassing loss, how the **** is that possible" mea culpa?  :lol:  :P

Then there are the posters who are so prolific with criticism of gaffes and incompetence (real and often just ridiculously manufactured) for their hated targets all during the week (especially after a loss), but make very few if any posts when there is a win and/or when some things go well in some of the "topical areas" they usually post on so negatively.

Hence the terms "agenda" and "fixated bias" or even "hater/fanboy."

Yes, Virginia, they are real creatures that exist.

I see so many amongst USS every Sunday

My thoughts on the final few minutes:

The team played smart.

Kirk showed poise and the OL did pretty well to keep him clean.

I think ALMO was responsible for the success of the last drive, as he had some good runs to get things going.

Garcon is the MAN! he makes plays, tough football plays and pops back up each time. What a mongrel.

Trent Murphy finally busting through in the last 3 minutes. Awesome!

A few post game thoughts:

1. My life totally sucks ass, and I want to hit things very hard until they break.  I'm in West VA for a conference, and I was watching on an internet streaming thing.  Feed cut out at 2 min AND I had a work call at 4pm, so I missed everything inside the 2 minute warning.  

I feel as though I had to suffer through a 28 minute beat-down in the second half, and I didn't even get the 2 minutes of euphoria.  

Seriously pissed.  Though I saw the final Garcon TD on ESPN.com.  I would like to watch the entire last 2 minutes.

2. I'm thrilled that the team held it together, persevered, and came out with a win.  This was a very big win, because at 2-2, they have a chance, at least a chance, of keeping the season interesting for a little while longer.  Atlanta is going to be tough.  At their place, and they're good.  But they get the Jets and Bucs after that.  Come out of those three games either 4-3 or 3-4, you're still in the thick of things.  Essentially, by winning this game, they negated the necessity to HAVE to go 2-1 in that span in order to get to 3-4 and remain relevant.  2-5 or 1-6 is game over, buddy..  

3. The troubling thing is that the team HAD to persevere.  Ok, the refs were awful.  I get it.  Whatever.  But they put themselves in a bad situation with:

- not converting TDs in the red zone early in the first half, which kept the game close

- Lots and Lots of penalties.  Some were bogus.  Some were not.

- Another Special Team breakdown that, against a team better than the Eagles, could have really cost them.

- Getting entirely out-performed at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

- Some extraordinarily horrifically bad play calling. I'm all for trying to establish the run.  But if you run on just about every first down and average about 2 yards a carry, it's time to try something else.  And it wasn't just running on first down, it was running the same play to the left over and over again with exactly the same results.

The problem with all of these things is that they are the same things that keep repeating themselves. If these were new things, that would be something.  But these things keep repeating themselves.  That's not good.

4. I don't know how you fix Special Teams. But they have to fix them.  If that means firing the coach, fire the coach.  but they can't give up a gaff a game on ST.  Just can't happen.  Glad they won, but they just keep bazooka-ing their legs off with ST.  And it's got to stop.

5. I posted when they were down 16-20 that regardless of the outcome of the game, I would fire Gruden.  Maybe that was emotion talking.  But honestly, I'm not sure if the team won BECAUSE of Gruden, or IN SPITE of Gruden.  And I'm not really suggesting that they fire him during the season.  But unless the list of things above changes dramatically, regardless of record, you've got to make a change.  Because that list is repetitive.  (And, btw, I don't even evaluation anything that ever goes on against the Giants in NY.  That's a throw-away game for me.  It's a complete house of horrors, and not even worth evaluating.)

You know what's funny? 

A lot of us were screaming abandon the run, lol. Usually it's the complete opposite and we're trashing the coaches for what we perceive as an abandonment. 

The last drive, the run game was huge. Suddenly, there were holes wide open. Their defense looked exhausted. They stuck with the run, something they were getting called out about, and it was huge reason why we won the game. 

Again, it shows that none of us have any idea when it comes to playcalling. Like, zero. We're not even close. I'm including myself here, because I was extremely frustrated with the running game, too... though I didn't ask for them to abandon it. But see how being quiet sometimes works? I get to not look as stupid as my thought would otherwise show. :lol:  

I'm really going to enjoy living in Phllly this week :)

Happy for you. :)

Hang in there VoR--as you openly state before you even move on to football, you got a lot of stressors these days. That kind of circumstance, even temporarily, will usually affect everything else. Pace yourself through to the other side. That will be $5. 

A few post game thoughts:

1. My life totally sucks ass, and I want to hit things very hard until they break.  I'm in West VA for a conference, and I was watching on an internet streaming thing.  Feed cut out at 2 min AND I had a work call at 4pm, so I missed everything inside the 2 minute warning.  

I feel as though I had to suffer through a 28 minute beat-down in the second half, and I didn't even get the 2 minutes of euphoria.  

Seriously pissed.  Though I saw the final Garcon TD on ESPN.com.  I would like to watch the entire last 2 minutes.

2. I'm thrilled that the team held it together, persevered, and came out with a win.  This was a very big win, because at 2-2, they have a chance, at least a chance, of keeping the season interesting for a little while longer.  Atlanta is going to be tough.  At their place, and they're good.  But they get the Jets and Bucs after that.  Come out of those three games either 4-3 or 3-4, you're still in the thick of things.  Essentially, by winning this game, they negated the necessity to HAVE to go 2-1 in that span in order to get to 3-4 and remain relevant.  2-5 or 1-6 is game over, buddy..  

Everything you said in this post is legitimate, but still, shut up. Just shut it. :P

Kirk was good today too.  Nothing amazing, but he managed things effectively, didn't make mistakes, and that last touchdown was pretty clutch.

If he can play other weeks like he did this week, we won't be a high powered offense, but we'll do enough to win some games, could sniff 8-8.

Kirk was good today too. Nothing amazing, but he managed things effectively, didn't make mistakes, and that last touchdown was pretty clutch.

If he can play other weeks like he did this week, we won't be a high powered offense, but we'll do enough to win some games, could sniff 8-8.

xx of 46 AND NO INTS?

culliver looked very slow.....

Dude gets a gold star in my book.  I don't actually think they HAVE another CB that can play if he's out.  He suited up and played when he wasn't even close to 100%, and gave it everything he had.

He got beat a few times. He was playing on one leg.  

Tough dude.  

Archived