Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It fits here considering what happened to babies thus week. If the mods have an issue, of course they can move it.

I wasn't referring to just your comment.  There are numerous others above yours.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good. If you sign up for everything that comes with being a servant of the people at the highest level, you are accountable to the people.

You don't get to go eat out in public peacefully when you are a hypocrite and a champion of massive public policy failures. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

"They"

We are all a part of the United States of America.

I hate this division.  The gap keeps widening because of the flood of statements like this...from BOTH SIDES.

I am an immigrant from Maryland, where I sought salvation in Oklahoma.

Salvation.

These people aren't that bad.  You're listening to the extremists.  There are extremists on the left too.  The same level of insults could be thrown their way too.

Who cares?  Let's brainstorm a solution instead of wasting words.

“These people aren’t that bad”

That’s what’s so mind boggling about all of it.  Most people in red states are very nice and hospitable in everyday life, but the second they start talking about how they think the world should work it’s ****ing horrifying.  My parents are a perfect example of this.

There are some positions that are just stupid and wrong and anyone aligning with them are the same.  Not reforming gun laws immediately is one of them.  There is legitimate argument to be had about what exactly to do, but doing nothing is pure lunacy.  Anyone who doesn’t think the status quo access to guns is a problem is a ****ing drooling idiot.

And yes, Republicans are anti-education.  This is not up for debate as it’s been made perfectly clear by policy over and over and over again.  And the people in those states are too stupid to realize it.  In very rural areas you can literally see the stupid on a great many of their faces.  

Do my words sound harsh?  Absolutely.  I am sick and tired of suffering from ****ing morons in this country.  The dumbest people end up Republicans.  I wonder why that is?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

There is a reason that red states rank so poorly academically. It’s malign neglect and active effort. 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/public-school-rankings-by-state

Not to get off topic as this should probably be pushed to education thread but I always see this posted and it’s actually pretty even.  8/15 top states in quality on your list have republican governors while they have 8/15 of the bottom states. 

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

“These people aren’t that bad”

That’s what’s so mind boggling about all of it.  Most people in red states are very nice and hospitable in everyday life, but the second they start talking about how they think the world should work it’s ****ing horrifying.  My parents are a perfect example of this.

There are some positions that are just stupid and wrong and anyone aligning with them are the same.  Not reforming gun laws immediately is one of them.  There is legitimate argument to be had about what exactly to do, but doing nothing is pure lunacy.  Anyone who doesn’t think the status quo access to guns is a problem is a ****ing drooling idiot.

And yes, Republicans are anti-education.  This is not up for debate as it’s been made perfectly clear by policy over and over and over again.  And the people in those states are too stupid to realize it.  In very rural areas you can literally see the stupid on a great many of their faces.  

Do my words sound harsh?  Absolutely.  I am sick and tired of suffering from ****ing morons in this country.  The dumbest people end up Republicans.  I wonder why that is?

These complete blanket statements sound like the enemy you despise.  This is why I'm embarassed to ID as democrat.

Not as much as repub, however, so I still "side" with you all.

Dems have become what they hated 15 years ago. Militant, stereotyping, broad-stroking.  Everyone here is "this way" huh?

Oklahoma was one of the first to pass legal weed, there are gay people walking the streets kissing each other.  We may have a horrifying governor, and too many Neanderthals in the hills...but in the city - it's ****ing normal.  Basically Moco and PG, with a few buildings that a taller...and a stadium.

I'm facinated by the anger.  Like this is Cowboys vs. Redsk

..manders...swear I wasn't going to say Redskins.

7 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Not to get off topic as this should probably be pushed to education thread but I always see this posted and it’s actually pretty even.  8/15 top states in quality on your list have republican governors while they have 8/15 of the bottom states. 

I don't think that's how you define a red state. For example, Maryland currently has a Republican governor. No way anyone confuses that state with a red state.

37 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

And the people in those states are too stupid to realize it.  In very rural areas you can literally see the stupid on a great many of their faces.  

This is just ignorant to say.  There’s plenty of studies that show score rates are similar between urban and rural areas (party aside) while having less access to advanced classes

https://www.ecs.org/wp-content/uploads/Advanced-Placement-Access-and-Success-How-do-rural-schools-stack-up.pdf

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't think that's how you define a red state. For example, Maryland currently has a Republican governor. No way anyone confuses that state with a red state.

Depends on what you are looking for?  If your comparing education on a state level then I think you need to look at state/local level policies vs federal.  A lot of folks vote differently on state and local level than national.

Edited by steve09ru

UVALDE, Tex. — Even as bullets whizzed around him, Daniel and his classmates stayed quiet.  As a gunman stormed his elementary school, firing hundreds of rounds into a handful of classrooms, Daniel and the others huddled together silently, praying for help.

They watched as their teacher rushed to lock their classroom door before the shooter, Salvador Rolando Ramos, reached them. 

Daniel saw Ramos approach the window of his classroom’s door and then shoot through the glass, striking his teacher in the leg. Another bullet ricocheted off a wall and hit a student in the nose. She had been crouched down a few feet away from him. 

Still, no one screamed. For more than an hour while he waited to be rescued, Daniel heard only occasional sobbing and hushed instructions from his injured teacher to stay quiet.

8 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

These complete blanket statements sound like the enemy you despise.  This is why I'm embarassed to ID as democrat.

Not as much as repub, however, so I still "side" with you all.

Dems have become what they hated 15 years ago. Militant, stereotyping, broad-stroking.  Everyone here is "this way" huh?

Oklahoma was one of the first to pass legal weed, there are gay people walking the streets kissing each other.  We may have a horrifying governor, and too many Neanderthals in the hills...but in the city - it's ****ing normal.  Basically Moco and PG, with a few buildings that a taller...and a stadium.

I'm facinated by the anger.  Like this is Cowboys vs. Redsk

..manders...swear I wasn't going to say Redskins.

That’s it though right there…in the city.  Im talking about rural America.  

Okay so let’s take it to an extreme.  If Nazism took hold in America and Republicans were literally all Nazis, should I not hate them?  Should O not have strong blanket statements regarding their policies and world view? I should take the high road and not say anything too mean because that’s what they do?

Now look, Im not saying all Republicans are nazis, but all Nazis are definitely Republican. Granted it’s a small number relatively speaking.   But the ones that aren’t that just have stupid world views that result in saying things like “guns aren’t the problem” when it comes to mass shootings of children and want to blame doors and every other insane talking point OTHER than guns are ****ing drooling idiots and, yes, it pisses me off and I hate them for it. Coddling these idiots isn’t doing anyone any good.  It’s why we are still having this discussion.  I’m done putting up with stupid peoples bull****!!!! 

If they can come as far as saying “okay yeah, guns are a problem so let’s talk about what to do about it”, I’ll take a much different tone.  But when mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting happens and they say the same stupid nonsense you bet your ass I’m gonna be angry and hateful about it.

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I hate politics and I respect you, but that comment is beneath you.  I identify as democrat, but live in a hardcore republican state.  They want solutions, too.  What are your ideas?  All of our ideas?  Why must we attack each other with insults (Democrats/Republicans?).  Focus that energy on hypothetical solutions, is my thought.

Republicans don’t have real solutions.

They want open carry across the land and their sc will eventually make that happen. Any place that is a large gathering of people , schools , churches, stores, etc..; must be armed to the teeth. Arm your teacher; arm your cashier, etc…

Republicans want power and only power. The only solutions they will offer ; is what help keeps them in power and helps their benefactors.

For this issue, they will rile up gun owners; Dems are coming after your guns.

The gop could care less about gun control. They want power.

20 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

The date on that link is 7/19.  But we’re going to count VA as a red state here?

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I hear you all.

I live in northeastern Oklahoma, perhaps the most gentrified portion.  Give or take.

Dudes be having ARs in the bed of their trucks, casual.  Talking about, "yeah, try taking this from me".

Whereabouts? My wife grew up in Bartlesville.

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

That’s it though right there…in the city.  Im talking about rural America.  

Okay so let’s take it to an extreme.  If Nazism took hold in America and Republicans were literally all Nazis, should I not hate them?  Should O not have strong blanket statements regarding their policies and world view? I should take the high road and not say anything too mean because that’s what they do?

Now look, Im not saying all Republicans are nazis, but all Nazis are definitely Republican. Granted it’s a small number relatively speaking.   But the ones that aren’t that just have stupid world views that result in saying things like “guns aren’t the problem” when it comes to mass shootings of children and want to blame doors and every other insane talking point OTHER than guns are ****ing drooling idiots and, yes, it pisses me off and I hate them for it. Coddling these idiots isn’t doing anyone any good.  It’s why we are still having this discussion.  I’m done putting up with stupid peoples bull****!!!! 

If they can come as far as saying “okay yeah, guns are a problem so let’s talk about what to do about it”, I’ll take a much different tone.  But when mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting happens and they say the same stupid nonsense you bet your ass I’m gonna be angry and hateful about it.

I get your point.

My biggest thing is the snowball effect.

When does it stop?  When is it illegal to own a tank, a warship (air), a 2,000 lb bomb?  You could play it off like a saint...until....

Didn't Mandalay Bay dude have a (relatively?) clean record?

Like your points.

6 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

This is just ignorant to say.  There’s plenty of studies that show score rates are similar between urban and rural areas (party aside) while having less access to advanced classes

Zero chance I’m going to get bogged down debating test scores.  And I’m not talking about high school students anyway.  I’m talking about adults and who they grew up to be.

College graduates are generally exposed to a more diverse group of people and ideas.  They learn how to think critically.  And far more college grads vote blue than red.  

I don’t even call myself a democrat.  I’m just anti-Republican because of what they’ve become in recent years.  It’s disgusting.  Dems have plenty of issues too but they’ll keep getting my vote because there is no reasonable choice to make.

12 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Republicans don’t have real solutions.

They want open carry across the land and their sc will eventually make that happen. Any place that is a large gathering of people , schools , churches, stores, etc..; must be armed to the teeth. Arm your teacher; arm your cashier, etc…

Republicans want power and only power. The only solutions they will offer ; is what help keeps them in power and helps their benefactors.

For this issue, they will rile up gun owners; Dems are coming after your guns.

The gop could care less about gun control. They want power.

You lost me at the first sentence.  Maybe they do.  Listen and have a discussion.

The power thing?  Ehhhh I have to side with you on that.  Fair play.  There's my blanket statement. 😆

5 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I get your point.

My biggest thing is the snowball effect.

When does it stop?  When is it illegal to own a tank, a warship (air), a 2,000 lb bomb?  You could play it off like a saint...until....

Didn't Mandalay Bay dude have a (relatively?) clean record?

Like your points.

Not sure I follow what you’re saying here

• Like 1

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Not sure I follow what you’re saying here

Going back to Burr's original point.  You get your beginners license with a revolver.  I'd even say a BB Gun.

Very supervised.

You work your way up to a bolt rifle the next year, and so on...

Until you're allowed a minigun and a grenade launcher?  Where does allowing civilian munitions stop? 

Because hypothetically, the right to arms is endless, no?  We can all have miniguns and 50,000 rounds of ammo?

7 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Oh snap!  South Central Tulsa.

I read the other day that Tulsa is opening a Bob Dylan museum, right near an exiting Woody Guthrie museum.  Didn’t know Tulsa was such a music Mecca. 

• Thumb up 1