Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

Based on this, I don't think you understand much about kevlar.

Would you sign up to be hit with a 9 mm wearing kevlar? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Not to mention it completely ignores the actual context of the conversation (which you've been doing from the beginning, along with a few others.)

https://youtu.be/1fBiFNk11oc

5.56 vs level III body armor

Wait wait...here’s my favorite part...that’s the 5.56 round punching through level III body armor and balistics gel that simulates the human body.

38731525820_de2392a6eb_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

I see you completely missed the point I was making.

Unless the point you were making was put AR’s in the hands of teachers then it was not a very good point.

If it was your point then I return to my point that you’re only advocating for an arms race in our schools.

Cruz was wearing a bulletproof vest, had the advantage of preparedness, a bulletproof vest which will stop a police 9mm, and he had superior firepower.

Bulletproof vests are cheap and accessible.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Oh wait, here’s one that has a typical bulletproof vest...

18 minutes ago, Burgold said:

:(

Cops: Teacher in Custody After Shots Fired at Dalton, Georgia High School

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cops-teacher-in-custody-after-shots-fired-at-dalton-georgia-high-school

Police in Dalton, Georgia say an adult is in custody after reports of shots fired at a high school. The suspect barricaded themselves inside a classroom, police said, and investigators believe the suspect is a teacher. No students were injured. The incident comes days after President Trump called for arming teachers two weeks after a gunman opened fire at a high school in Florida, killing 17 people.

UPDATE: The teacher involved in this morning’s incident is Jesse Randall Davidson, 53, social studies teacher. Also serves as play by play voice of the Dalton football team.

UPDATE: The subject is IN CUSTODY

UPDATE: Students are being taken to the Nw GA Trade and Convention Center. Parents should rendezvous with their students there

Oh 

My

Gawd

You seriously can’t make this crap up.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

One case doesn't tell the story. It doesn't even mean that the idea is unworkable or bad... but you'd be fool to dismiss the warning, right? 

I guarandamntee you the lunatic Right (i.e. those advocating an educational arms race) will be trying to figure out how to spin this as an isolated incident or a false flag.

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

One case doesn't tell the story. It doesn't even mean that the idea is unworkable or bad... but you'd be fool to dismiss the warning, right? 

Correct. What we dont want to admit to ourselves for whatever reason is that these psychopaths fall prey to the exact same weaknesses that we all have. Teachers are not immune to sadness, loneliness, isolation, anger or anything else these people that make these killings suffer from. To ignore that possibility is us making the same mistake over again as a people. 

I remember having teachers I knew didn't like me. I wonder how I would feel if I knew they were packing. I wonder how they would feel if they knew not only my grades but my life was in their hands. There is a emotional and mental part to this we are not thinking about. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I guarandamntee you the lunatic Right (i.e. those advocating an educational arms race) will be trying to figure out how to spin this as an isolated incident or a false flag.

Liberal teacher brings gun to school. Thats what it says on another forum I visit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Is this a teacher that was cleared and trained for the program we've been discussing?

Because if not, then it's just a teacher who brought a gun to school one day and did something crazy.

It really doesn't apply, because they can obviously do it now without changing anything.

Also curious - was it an ar-15?

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Is this a teacher that was cleared and trained for the program we've been discussing?

Because if not, then it's just a teacher who brought a gun to school one day and did something crazy.

It really doesn't apply, because they can obviously do it now without changing anything.

Also curious - was it an ar-15?

Defense mode!!

Must defend the idea from clear evidence that teachers are not superhuman policebots and are susceptible to the same failings as the rest of humanity!!

DEFEND THE IDEA!!

18 hours ago, visionary said:

The bill also repeals the District of Columbia’s registration requirement for the possession of firearms, repeals requirements regarding the keeping and storing of firearms and eliminates restrictions on transporting firearms in most of the nation’s capital.

That is called a stealth bill. 

Rubio: "We are just going to tweak the age at which people can buy AR-15s to make it consistent with federal law..."

and also gut every other law DC ever passed on guns lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tshile said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/feb/22/viral-image/fact-checking-meme-id-requirements-buying-guns-vot/

In other words it's bull****. Amusing how easily people are duped.

You can't buy a shotgun in VA without going through the check, much less a semi-automatic rifle.

Not sure why this part doesn't matter to you:  "in the states that didn’t pass a tougher law, unlicensed private sellers are exempted from having to complete the background check process." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

the answer is obvious. 

Schools should be teacher-free zones, and the classes should be taught by rifles and handguns. 

~Bang

Lets just home school everybody. No more mass shootings if the schools are empty. In a couple years that's going to be the solution offered by Republicans and we'll actually have to debate it like it's a real thing.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Lets just home school everybody. No more mass shootings if the schools are empty. In a couple years that's going to be the solution offered by Republicans and we'll actually have to debate it like it's a real thing.

Well then we will obviously have to arm all parents too now....

Jesus ****ing Christ on a Christmas tree, what in the holy hell is that **** going on in Newfoundland PA?

Why are a bunch of geriatrics dressing in drag and rocking rifles with bullet and burger king crowns?

Pennsylvania is some scary ass ****.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

It is a miracle that these people are somehow functioning in the modern world. Maybe God does exist.

If there was ever any question that these people worship guns... that should be gone by now.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of our own posters didn't belong to this cult.

4 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Jesus ****ing Christ on a Christmas tree, what in the holy hell is that **** going on in Newfoundland PA?

Why are a bunch of geriatrics dressing in drag and rocking rifles with bullet and burger king crowns?

Pennsylvania is some scary ass ****.

remember when obama said the people in PA cling to their guns and religion?

i mean most of us knew he was right at the time... (and PA isn't the only place)

• Like 3

Jesus didnt have a gun to protect himself and look what happened. 

ok ill stop 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

remember when obama said the people in PA cling to their guns and religion?

i mean most of us knew he was right at the time... (and PA isn't the only place)

I aint think he meant it like that though lol

• Haha 3