Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Boehner resigning from congress

Springfield

When in doubt, cry conspiracy.

there were clearly issues with the before and after action with Benghazi.

If you want to say there was a conspiracy to withhold requested information the oversight authorities requested it is up to you.

I just know information requested was not given,some seeming destroyed or handled in a manner counter to protocol.

there were clearly issues with the before and after action with Benghazi.

If you want to say there was a conspiracy to withhold requested information the oversight authorities requested it is up to you.

I just know information requested was not given,some seeming destroyed or handled in a manner counter to protocol.

If my recollection is correct, 76 Congressional investigations headed by Republicans disagree with your assessment. Mind you, they kept calling for future investigations trying to prove what they failed to the previous 76 times.

If my recollection is correct, 76 Congressional investigations headed by Republicans disagree with your assessment. Mind you, they kept calling for future investigations trying to prove what they failed to the previous 76 times.

1700 investigations too few ;)

'Murica.

No it just means that Hillary and Obama's sociopathic death grip on power is too strong and influential to be stopped. They probably had dozens of people executed and vanished. People are just too scared of them to come forward because they know their family may be murdered. All we need is some STRONG, REAL conservatives to stand up and really get to the bottom of this. Someone has to stand up to these power hungry tyrants.   

/Breitbart

• 2 weeks later...

LAT:  Paul Ryan vs. House Freedom Caucus: Who will blink first in speaker's race?

A core group of House conservatives is likely to withhold its support for Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to become the next speaker, creating a political standoff between the GOP’s favorite son and the renegade newcomers who have established their own new power center.

Ryan, once considered the Republicans’ only hope for uniting their frayed party, has spent a recess week away from Washington without any indication that he is seriously lobbying for the job. He's signaled he would accept only if the party's warring factions stop their infighting and elect him without conditions. That stance reflects not only his reluctance to assume the difficult job, but also the reality he may not be able to easily win it.

Congress resumes Tuesday with Republicans no closer to replacing Boehner than they were almost a month ago when the Ohio Republican suddenly announced he would call it quits rather than continue fighting with the right flank. Though Boehner is set to retire at the end of the month, the party's inability to rally around an alternative speaker could leave him in charge indefinitely, albeit weakened, which both sides may ultimately prefer to testing the limits of their power struggle.

Paul Ryan is a smart man.  But how do you actually get the kind of assurances he's seeking?  The Freedom Caucus could support his nomination and then turn around and behave the same way they did for Boehner once he has the job.

And if I were Paul Ryan, no way do I accept the Speakership with all kinds of strings attached that diminish the institution on the insistence of 40 ****ing members.  You take the job being bullied by a small minority right off the bat and you will be bullied every day thereafter.

The only sure solution that the GoP has to prevent the Freedom Caucus/Tea Party from staging constant rebellions that hamstring leadership and leave establishment Republicans in red districts in constant fear of a vigorous primary challenge is to kick them out of the party.

Paul Ryan is still young. If he wants to run for President in 4, 8, 12 years. He'd still be under 60. If he becomes speaker right now in this political climate, I don't see how he succeeds.

I think he laid out those terms thinking the Freedom (for only them) Caucus will reject it and he'll say "Well, I tried and you all saw it."

Actually, if Ryan wants to be President. He should probably run for Governor of his state and get away from a Washington record. 

The only sure solution that the GoP has to prevent the Freedom Caucus/Tea Party from staging constant rebellions that hamstring leadership and leave establishment Republicans in red districts in constant fear of a vigorous primary challenge is to kick them out of the party.

I think the TP folks are trying to kick the old guys out  instead.

maybe they can join Webb and Chafee in being unwanted by the Dems instead.

Man, we should start trademarking Caucus names to stop these career politicians from using them.

• The American Patriot Caucus
  • The True Patriot Caucus
  • Benghazi Memorial Caucus

Just grab every name. Maybe we can charge them like Texas A&M charging of Seattle for the 12th Man stuff. Just charge them more. 

I'm pretty sure Webb and Chafee bailed on the GOP specifically because of the growing crazy branch (now known more colloquially as the Tea Party).

Webb is mostly pissed at Anderson Cooper anyway, for trying to make the first debate into Bernie v. Hillary, with O'Malley auditioning for VP, instead of an even debate.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, back in Congress, . . . .

NPR:  Pledging To 'Wipe The Slate Clean,' Wisconsin's Paul Ryan Elected House Speaker

Paul Ryan has been elected speaker of the House of Representatives, receiving 236 votes. 

Ryan faced the full House vote Thursday after getting approval Wednesday from the House Republican conference. He faced token opposition from fellow conservative Daniel Webster and Democrat Nancy Pelosi. 

"The House is broken, we're not solving problems, we're adding to them. And I'm not interested in laying blame ... we are wiping the slate clean," Ryan said after the vote. He called on the committees to take the lead in drafting all major legislation, and for a return to regular order.

Boehner is expected to submit his letters of resignation — one to Ohio Gov. John Kasich and the other to Ryan — informing them he will resign his congressional seat effective 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 31. Boehner made farewell remarks in the House chamber earlier in the morning.

Archived