Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is why the Redskins pi$$ me off

Howie411

My friend got this email today (see screenshot).

So basically he can now get the rest of the season and gets a free autographed jersey.   What did us existing ticket holders get?  2 pre-season games we were stuck paying full price for.

Would be nice if they cared for their existing fans as much.

post-199400-0-46636700-1442879040_thumb.

You act like this is something only the Redskins do.  Newsflash, EVERY business/service provider does stuff like this.  Sign up for a contract with a new cell provider, they'll offer you deals that beat what their loyal longtime customers are getting.  Same with a TV provider.  Sports franchises do it as well.  Incentives are all part of the business world, but don't let me stop another opportunity for some people to blame everything on the Redskins and Snyder so they can reignite their hate yet again.

BTW, trying to circumvent the profanity filters is a no-no.  If piss is on the list, you need to edit your title.  If it's not on the list, no need to use dollar signs instead of S's.

By all means, call and get that free jersey in exchange for switching seats to nosebleed obstructed view and giving a new 5 year commitment. Totally worth it.

Better yet, just stay at home and watch the game on tv via Directv or Comcast. They NEVER offer deals to new customers and not to long-time subscribers. Nope, not ever. Redskins are the only ones to do this practice anywhere. Nowhere else will you find businesses using incentives to draw in new customers.

Geez guys....nowhere in the OP did I see the guy indicate that the Skins are the only team that does this. He is only a fan of the Skins, and is just expressing frustration at the deals they are offering while others aren't shown the same appreciation.

That said, if you're upset by it, just tell the Skins to pound sand. If you're not particular about your seats, no way you won't come out ahead by forgoing the preseason and going the Stubhub route.

Now you know how us loyal NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers feel when new subscribers get it for free.

Had it three times for free (had cable for the last few years).  FYI... the system is set up for you to get it free bub... I was and now am again a "loyal Directv customer," so every year I call and complain about the new promos they give new customers and they ALWAYS let me know I "qualify" for either 3mo Premium channels/free Sunday ticket.

Or you can always pretend to switch or really switch services and they'll give you whatever you ask.  Got to play the system.  Screw getting beat anymore.  But that's just me.  Nothing pisses me off more than giving a service my hard earned dough and the new kid gets the whole kit and caboodle.  Oh-no honey boo boo child!!

Geez guys....nowhere in the OP did I see the guy indicate that the Skins are the only team that does this. He is only a fan of the Skins, and is just expressing frustration at the deals they are offering while others aren't shown the same appreciation.

Did you happen to read the title of the Thread?  He didn't say the system was pissing him off.  He didn't say that business tactics like this were pissing him off!  Get it?

Read the title of his thread. He specifically puts it on the Redskins.

This is a typical tactic used by businesses to draw in new customers. 

Cable and satellite providers do this all the time. The good thing is that long-time subscribers can use these promotions to get better deals for themselves. :)

My friend got this email today (see screenshot).

So basically he can now get the rest of the season and gets a free autographed jersey.   What did us existing ticket holders get?  2 pre-season games we were stuck paying full price for.

Would be nice if they cared for their existing fans as much.

It's true.  Dan Snyder doesn't care about the fans but every season they are removing seats to keep the sold out streak going.  He doensn't care about the fans just wants to keep the seats full.  He doesn't realize this goes hand in hand.  My friend is a Ravens fan and it is so true that they care about there fans and do some many things the RIGHT way.  Just doing the little things right goes a long way, like having a player give a small group of psl owners a tour around the stadium.  When you pick up your tickets Steve Smith is there to hand them out to you.  These are just a couple things that they do for their PSL owners.  They care....

It really makes you wonder wear Dan Snyder's head is burried.

Read the title of his thread. He specifically puts it on the Redskins.

Well he's on a Skins board and is a Skins fan so yeah, not surprising that he's expressing frustration at the Skins. I just don't know if he's specifically implying that the Skins are the only business org that does this. If I were an STH I'd probably be a bit miffed as well, although, as others have said, nobody is forced to do business with the team.

I just think back to last season with the whole giving away club seats to peeps in the upper level. While the intent was to procure new club customers, I wonder how many existing club customers they drove away once the fact they were doing this became public knowledge via a WaPo story. I just hope the Skins show a little loyalty to existing customers.

We have season tickets but I constantly get these emails soliciting me to join the "waiting list". 

You really wanna have some fun? Call the team's ticket office. You'll listen to Larry Michael recordings for four minutes then the phone falls silent. After another 15 minutes some guy will answer with no salutations. Happened to me x2. 

ok all, I'm sorry I posted this thread, as its gotten a bit out of hand.  Yes I put "Redskins" in the title because that is the name of the organization. Be it the team, the sales department, etc, they are all "The Redskins". 

The reason things annoy me like this go back to when I first got season tickets 6 years ago.  I was on that "waiting list".  and I even had to pay $100 a seat to get my season tickets when my name finally came up.   The previous years they only charged $50 per seat.

So yes as a customer and a fan I have every right to be annoyed.  As for the folks who keep mentioning, cable, phone etc, if you call up the cable company and threaten to cancel or switch to Fios, they most definitely will give you a better deal. 

By all means, call and get that free jersey in exchange for switching seats to nosebleed obstructed view and giving a new 5 year commitment. Totally worth it.

Better yet, just stay at home and watch the game on tv via Directv or Comcast. They NEVER offer deals to new customers and not to long-time subscribers. Nope, not ever. Redskins are the only ones to do this practice anywhere. Nowhere else will you find businesses using incentives to draw in new customers.

I was pleasantly surprised this spring when FIOS gave me free HBO for a few months for being a loyal subscriber.  

I've been with DirecTV since 1994. I figure I am their best, most loyal customer and have paid them >$35k in NFL-Sunday Ticket every year for 21 years plus my monthly charge. It pisses me off that every year I hear how they are going to give the latest, most technologically advanced equipment and free NFL-ST to new subscribers and I just get a monthly bill and get to pay FULL price for NFL-ST and have a 15 year old SD DVR and two 6 year old HD DVR's (and one is a refurbished complete piece of crap) while "the new kiddies" get the 5-tuner, 4K-capable Genie!

See how it goes? This is Marketing 101, and the Redskins are doing no different than DirecTV or any other company. It's not personal. It's business.

So yes as a customer and a fan I have every right to be annoyed.  As for the folks who keep mentioning, cable, phone etc, if you call up the cable company and threaten to cancel or switch to Fios, they most definitely will give you a better deal. 

It USED to work with DirecTV. It very seldom works anymore with DirecTV. They treat you as if you're just one of 20MILLION customers and they could certainly do without you. A couple of times over the 25 years I was able to get NFL-ST thrown in for free, but they haven't even been willing to do that for about 4-5 years now. They KNOW that they have ST exclusivity, and they know that they have fans of distant teams like me over a barrel! I have even made the comment "should I just cancel and go with your competitor for a couple of years and come back to be treated like a king again? They don't freaking care!

So .. if I want to watch the Skins live every week and not have to deal with a crappy stream that bugs out every 10 minutes only to have to spend the next quarter trying to find a stream that works again, then I am stuck with DirecTV. Similarly, you could certainly give up your tickets in order to come back in a year or two to be treated like a king again and get the free jersey. But you'll wind up in the crap seats again and have to slowly work your way down to better seats over several years.

It USED to work with DirecTV. It very seldom works anymore with DirecTV. They treat you as if you're just one of 20MILLION customers and they could certainly do without you. A couple of times over the 25 years I was able to get NFL-ST thrown in for free, but they haven't even been willing to do that for about 4-5 years now. They KNOW that they have ST exclusivity, and they know that they have fans of distant teams like me over a barrel! I have even made the comment "should I just cancel and go with your competitor for a couple of years and come back to be treated like a king again? They don't freaking care!

So .. if I want to watch the Skins live every week and not have to deal with a crappy stream that bugs out every 10 minutes only to have to spend the next quarter trying to find a stream that works again, then I am stuck with DirecTV. Similarly, you could certainly give up your tickets in order to come back in a year or two to be treated like a king again and get the free jersey. But you'll wind up in the crap seats again and have to slowly work your way down to better seats over several years.

I thought we already determined based on other posts around here, that they were offering LL sidelines to new season ticket holders, so you may actually end up with better seats. ha ha just saying. :)

Archived