Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is why the Redskins pi$$ me off

Howie411

I've been with DirecTV since 1994. I figure I am their best, most loyal customer and have paid them >$35k in NFL-Sunday Ticket every year for 21 years plus my monthly charge. It pisses me off that every year I hear how they are going to give the latest, most technologically advanced equipment and free NFL-ST to new subscribers and I just get a monthly bill and get to pay FULL price for NFL-ST and have a 15 year old SD DVR and two 6 year old HD DVR's (and one is a refurbished complete piece of crap) while "the new kiddies" get the 5-tuner, 4K-capable Genie!

You can get the genie for free.  All it costs is a new 2 year contract.  They should upgrade your other old receivers for free as well.  Just call them up and they'll hook you up with the latest and greatest.

ok all, I'm sorry I posted this thread, as its gotten a bit out of hand.  Yes I put "Redskins" in the title because that is the name of the organization. Be it the team, the sales department, etc, they are all "The Redskins". 

The reason things annoy me like this go back to when I first got season tickets 6 years ago.  I was on that "waiting list".  and I even had to pay $100 a seat to get my season tickets when my name finally came up.   The previous years they only charged $50 per seat.

So yes as a customer and a fan I have every right to be annoyed.  As for the folks who keep mentioning, cable, phone etc, if you call up the cable company and threaten to cancel or switch to Fios, they most definitely will give you a better deal. 

Nobody said you don't have the right to be annoyed. Folks simply pointed out that it is a business tactic most places use. Nobody said they like it. The point being that your gripe is really more about a general business tactic, but the way you presented came off as if it's something exclusive to the Redskins when it's not. In fact, this would be a better topic for the Tailgate about the crappy business tactic and who all uses it, and gives opportunities for people to post about customer loyalty, such as with Fios.

I'm a Comcast customer. Clearly you are not or you would never, ever, ever have suggested that calling up and complaining to get a better deal is a viable solution. You try that with them, first you'll wait for hours, then you'll talk to someone overseas you can't understand who is completely useless and just "files your complaint" which is code for laughs at you when you hang up and does nothing. In the end, they know that most of their customers have no alternative, like I do in my apartment complex. 

Redskins are actually one of the few businesses I know of where calling and complaining actually does get you free stuff. Plus on top of that they do actively try to poll fans and improve experiences, even if it does take many years to implement it.

$100 a seat is a bargain compared to what the new customers are paying. Higher prices, worse seats, longer contract. Does that seem worth it just for a free jersey? Didn't think so. You still haven't considered what all the new customers are paying and agreeing to vs. the cost of a jersey. You're jealous a new person gets a free jersey, when really they should be jealous of you because you have a deal that's much better and outweighs the value of a jersey by a significant amount. 

Is there any NFL team out there that gives away free jerseys to all of it's season ticket holders every year? I haven't heard of it. Not even the Jags who can't give away tickets. 

And credit where it's due, events are frequently held at FedEx and certain season ticket holders routinely are given tickets to those events. But, those are usually club level members as part of the incentive for paying extra for club level, which also is a routine incentive, especially because those are much harder to fill.

You can get the genie for free.  All it costs is a new 2 year contract.  They should upgrade your other old receivers for free as well.  Just call them up and they'll hook you up with the latest and greatest.

Maybe. Maybe not. My experience is that when they have "upgraded" me, I have gotten refurbished equipment that is older and in worse shape than what I have sent in. Also, there is no guarantee that I would get an HR44 or and HR54 (the latest model Genie). You get whatever is on the installer's truck, and often that is an old, refurbished HR21/22/23/24. Been there. Done that. The only way to get the latest technology is to be a new subscriber or to pay outright for an HR44/54 from SolidSignal or Weaknees. But you are paying $300 for a receiver that you will never own, which is ridiculous, because all DirecTV receivers/DVRs are considered leased.

I am now pissed at Amazon for offering new people Amazon prime for $67 (but only on 9/25),,,,,,,,,

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/amazon-slashing-prime-price-to-dollar67-for-new-members/ar-AAeCk4k?li=AA54ur&ocid=iehp

sonsof****es!

Nobody said you don't have the right to be annoyed. Folks simply pointed out that it is a business tactic most places use. Nobody said they like it.

Absolutely. I hate it (I hope my DirecTV posts have alluded to my annoyance at being a 25 year customer treated like garbage). But it is the way it is in today's business world.

Archived