Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Shrug.

I give up trying to analyze this side

Simplest explanation is the best. They play well with backs against wall

Rebounded from Guatemala loss with resounding win. Did the same here today. A defensive effort I haven't seen in a while

Just always picking them off, deflecting always in front of the ball, literally was like Josh Norman was in front. All the turnovers helped lead to USA goals. Especially the last one by zusi

Jones was great out there tonight.

Wouldn't have been mad with either Jones or Brooks as MOTM. 

Simplest explanation is the best. They play well with backs against wall

Rebounded from Guatemala loss with resounding win. Did the same here today. A defensive effort I haven't seen in a while

Just always picking them off, deflecting always in front of the ball, literally was like Josh Norman was in front. All the turnovers helped lead to USA goals. Especially the last one by zusi

Costa Rica also didn't have Keylor Navas and were down a man in depth on the back 4 due to a red in the first match. 

It was a good result, but they played better because they were the best team on the pitch.

I still believe that Wondo must have really embarrassing photos of Jurgen.  Other than that, I can't think of any other reason to have that hack out there.

Nice game overall by the team.  A draw vs Paraguay and US are through. 

I still believe that Wondo must have really embarrassing photos of Jurgen.  Other than that, I can't think of any other reason to have that hack out there.

Nice game overall by the team.  A draw vs Paraguay and US are through. 

Not totally.

A draw with Paraguay and one of the following-

1- Colombia beats Costa Rica

2- Colombia ties Costa Rica

3- Costa Rica beats Colombia by less than 6 goals

4- Costa Rica beats Columbia by 6 goals and doesn't score more total than the US' total goals scored.

So yeah, a tie and the US advances unless the totally crazy occurs.

Better thought.

Beat Paraguay and have Costa Rica beat Colombia and the US will avoid Brazil in the first knockout round.

Simplest explanation is the best. 

They played Costa Rica and not Colombia. 

Costa Rica not as bueno as Colombia. Colombia is muy bueno. Los jugadores por las Estados Unidos es no bueno. 

Someone on Big Soccer was saying tickets were 400 bucks a pop. Would explain why the stands arent full through out the tournament. Thats crazy expensive especially for the group stage.

I have a friend who bought tickets to Argentina but had to buy the whole chicago package. 

There might be a lot of tickets that, say, Argentina fans did not know how to get onto a secondary market in the US. Not really sure how tickets are allocated to traveling supporters. 

Not totally.

A draw with Paraguay and one of the following-

1- Colombia beats Costa Rica

2- Colombia ties Costa Rica

3- Costa Rica beats Colombia by less than 6 goals

4- Costa Rica beats Columbia by 6 goals and doesn't score more total than the US' total goals scored.

So yeah, a tie and the US advances unless the totally crazy occurs.

Better thought.

Beat Paraguay and have Costa Rica beat Colombia and the US will avoid Brazil in the first knockout round.

Well, I just assumed that CR wasn't going to win by 7 goals. :D

Realistically, looking to advance and hopefully play Peru.

• Like 1

Someone on Big Soccer was saying tickets were 400 bucks a pop. Would explain why the stands arent full through out the tournament. Thats crazy expensive especially for the group stage.

Is that the secondary market or are they actually charging that much for face?

That's ****ing ridiculous.  That's groceries for a month for a group stage match.

We suck at hosting.

Unfortunately this isn't just CONCACAF either.  We have the eyes of the world upon this tournament because Messi, James, Sanchez, Vidal and others are here. :lol:

Well, I just assumed that CR wasn't going to win by 7 goals. :D

Realistically, looking to advance and hopefully play Peru.

I avoid the slide rule at all costs.

A team that hasn't scored in this tournament is unlikely to score that many vs what might be the best defensive side in the tournament.

• Like 1

Is that the secondary market or are they actually charging that much for face?

That's ****ing ridiculous.  That's groceries for a month for a group stage match.

We suck at hosting.

Unfortunately this isn't just CONCACAF either.  We have the eyes of the world upon this tournament because Messi, James, Sanchez, Vidal and others are here. :lol:

Im actually not sure. I have heard from multiple places though that its very expensive. Whatever that equates to. With it being Copa America I am sure the South Americans teams reps also had a hand in the pricing. Thats the whole reason to do it in the USA, more money for all.

Im actually not sure. I have heard from multiple places though that its very expensive. Whatever that equates to. With it being Copa America I am sure the South Americans teams reps also had a hand in the pricing. Thats the whole reason to do it in the USA, more money for all.

39k isn't a bad crowd.  That's about an average crowd in England.  But it just looks really bad when you hold the venue in an 80k seat stadium.

And I get the more money aspect, but 400 bucks is still ridiculous if that was the face.  I mean, sure, there's going to be that price for certain seats at just about every game, but if that was the GA price for "middle class" tickets.  ****...

If you ever did (and there's been barely a mention of the Copa here in Europe's top football TV market) you have them for 2 more days. 

Once the European Championship Friday evening starts, nobody not in South America or Japan gives a flying ____ about what's happening Stateside. 

And then this of us bored off our tits waiting for proper football to return. 100 days today. Across the water with the plazzy Scouse wannabes at Tranmere. Counting it down .....

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well Euros is by far the bigger tournament.

I'm more talking about CONCACAF Gold Cup is dwarfed by Copa America. 

It's not even really that close.

Yeah.... Outside of US and Mexico no other good teams. Costa Rica isnt a great team outside of that run they had at the World Cup. As compared to South America which has some of the best teams in the world in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, etc. The level of competition isnt the same.

• Like 1

Well Euros is by far the bigger tournament.

I'm more talking about CONCACAF Gold Cup is dwarfed by Copa America. 

It's not even really that close.

Personally think it's a complete joke and nothing short of a disgrace that the Centenary of the SOUTH AMERICAN International tournament is being held in the US as they go chasing the mighty dollar. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Personally think it's a complete joke and nothing short of a disgrace that the Centenary of the SOUTH AMERICAN International tournament is being held in the US as they go chasing the mighty dollar. 

Hail. 

And don't forget that it was bought and paid for by the mighty dollar, too.

Tickets for the game Saturday in Philly are 69 dollars. Quite the bargain if you're looking to see the US advance from the group. 

Wish I could be there and I'd definitely go if I could but have prior arrangements. 

A couple of possible scenarios where we dont have to play Brazil. Of course Peru win is one, the other being a Brazil and Peru draw with Ecuador scoring a bunch of goals against Haiti who wont have any reason to play hard. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out. Columbia vs Brazil would be a great game.

A couple of possible scenarios where we dont have to play Brazil. Of course Peru win is one, the other being a Brazil and Peru draw with Ecuador scoring a bunch of goals against Haiti who wont have any reason to play hard. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out. Columbia vs Brazil would be a great game.

Haiti scored their first Copa America goal last night when the game was out of site.  A lot of pride.  They'll be playing.

I don't want anything to do with Peru, they were hard done last year in the knockouts in the Copa.  I'm upset I fell asleep after seeing they blew a 2-0 lead last night and I wish I could've stayed up to watch it.  They're fun to watch.

I'd love to be able to play Mexico at some point.  But regardless, any of the teams that get to the knockouts will be tough.