Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Parking Lots/Policies for 2015

MarkB452

I don't have info on that specifically, but I can make a logical guess.

If you don't have parking, they're almost certainly not going to offer it to you now, although they might let you have the grey lot if you asked.  They might contact you later though, regarding green.

First they're going to figure what kind of demand they have for particular lots and let things settle down a bit.  Once they have solid numbers based on fan preference, this will allow them to re-draw certain lot sizes to fit demand.  Once that's done, if they have a lot of spaces left over, they might consider contacting some of those who are on the waiting list for green parking.  This may or may not happen this season, but if it does, it probably won't happen until late late summer.  I do know they're not really interested in maximizing the number of vehicles that can fit in each lot.  They're going to keep a certain percentage of spaces empty to solve unforeseen problems on game day. 

You cannot choose any color lot.  Non premium seats get green, grey, or a waiting list. 

Premium seats don't have a waiting list.  They all get premium parking. 

Hope this helps.

It looks like they're going to allow the extra space, but you'll have to park in the back of the lots and, possibly, have to give up the extra space if the lots fill up. Will that be enforced? Who knows?

It's something that you may want to keep in mind.

Yea but which section is the back? Is it the fence line that butts up against the town homes/houses?

Or is it the the opposite end of where you enter now off of belle haven? that could be either

It looks like they're going to allow the extra space, but you'll have to park in the back of the lots and, possibly, have to give up the extra space if the lots fill up. Will that be enforced? Who knows?

It's something that you may want to keep in mind.

Yea but which section is the back? Is it the fence line that butts up against the town homes/houses?

Or is it the the opposite end of where you enter now off of belle haven? that could be either

I was referring to the enforcement of the tailgating policy for the green lots in my earlier post.

That should never be an issue, in the Red Zone, because the spaces are gokng to be twice as big, and it's a dedicated tailgate lot.

I have two green passes. I have family in Charles, and Montgomery Counties who use my other parking pass. They normally arrive late and park off of Morgan Blvd (Charles Co), or Landover Road (MoCo) depending on who is coming. How is this going to work? 

That's the issue I was referring to when talking about people selling parking passes. It sounds like you have to pick a lot and your family will just have to get used to coming in whichever way you pick.

I have two green passes. I have family in Charles, and Montgomery Counties who use my other parking pass. They normally arrive late and park off of Morgan Blvd (Charles Co), or Landover Road (MoCo) depending on who is coming. How is this going to work? 

I strongly encourage using the Morgan Blvd parking lots and turn right towards DC. Exiting is so much faster. Then just take a route to get you on 295 to the Beltway. Much faster than Landover. Just MHO.

I don't believe that the Red Zone lot will be able to be reached by taking a left off of Sheriff.  We couldn't do it last year.  That is why the directions are sending everyone coming from Virginia past the stadium up to Route 50, to 704 and 4 miles back towards the stadium, and then left on Belle Haven and left on Sheriff and right into the lot.

The option of coming in 202, taking a left on Brightseat, a right on Sheriff and left into the lot will probably not be possible.  If anyone knows differently let us know.  I called the ticket office today but the individual I talked with did not know.

I don't believe that the Red Zone lot will be able to be reached by taking a left off of Sheriff.  We couldn't do it last year.  That is why the directions are sending everyone coming from Virginia past the stadium up to Route 50, to 704 and 4 miles back towards the stadium, and then left on Belle Haven and left on Sheriff and right into the lot.

The option of coming in 202, taking a left on Brightseat, a right on Sheriff and left into the lot will probably not be possible.  If anyone knows differently let us know.  I called the ticket office today but the individual I talked with did not know.

I'm not sure that I understand. Please bear with me, as I've never used the lot.

The second option is the route we used to get on to Redskins Rd, when we tailgated in the Green Lot, (E43) We live in Anne Arundel County and come in on 202, took the left on Brightseat and straight into Redskins Rd.

For the Red Zone, I thought that we would pretty much do the same thing, except hang a right onto Sherriff, and then a left onto Bell Haven into the lot. According to the Skins new parking map, entry/exit is via Bell Haven.

Did they not use Bell Haven last season? If so, did they not allow left hand turns onto Bell Haven, from Sherriff?

Ahhh....the off-season.....gotta love it!

Thanks!

Is that your set-up, in your sig? It's pretty sweet!

Have you ever been hassled, by parking lot attendants, for taking up two spaces? I've seen it happen in the green lots,( admittedly not too often), but it has happened. There are a few folks, at our tailgate, who do the same thing

Yes, that's our set up and been doing it for many years now with no hassle.  We'll put things away as it gets close to game time and spaces start to fill up around us.

Really wanted to move to the RedZone but wasn't sure how easy it would be getting in and out of it.

I'm not sure that I understand. Please bear with me, as I've never used the lot.

The second option is the route we used to get on to Redskins Rd, when we tailgated in the Green Lot, (E43) We live in Anne Arundel County and come in on 202, took the left on Brightseat and straight into Redskins Rd.

For the Red Zone, I thought that we would pretty much do the same thing, except hang a right onto Sherriff, and then a left onto Bell Haven into the lot. According to the Skins new parking map, entry/exit is via Bell Haven.

Did they not use Bell Haven last season? If so, did they not allow left hand turns onto Bell Haven, from Sherriff?

Ahhh....the off-season.....gotta love it!

Thanks!

My initial thought was why are they sending us way the heck north to come back south and west, crossing 202 before getting to Belle Haven.  In theory, we should be able to exit for 202 westbound, continue straight at Brightseat/Redskins (where D/E lot access would turn), join 704 south/west at the 202 interchange, then resume the approach via Belle Haven.

I wouldn't try the Sheriff Road at Brightseat/Redskins as I would expect the team to block that off; I can't see them blocking westbound 202 between the Beltway and 704 as it is more of a main thoroughfare.

my 0.02

I've been tailgating in the "new" redzone lot on the far side of the stadium for over 10 years.  My biggest concern now is that it'll be more difficult to get in and out due to the reconfiguration. I really don't want to have to show up at 7am to get a tailgating spot.

wskin44-

Okay let's assume a 1 PM kickoff.

I rarely arrive after 7 am and I know I'm in the minority.  I shoot for 5:30 am.

Early on, there is only one cop up front - and the gates that are blocking Redskins road. 

Around 7:30, something like that, a truck comes out and starts putting up the orange cones.  It's difficult for me to imagine the team blocking Sherrif Rd.  Let's not forget, Sheriff road is a public road.  There are houses on that road.  Citizens have the right of access to their homes.  I guess it's possible but I don't think it's likely. 

I'll try to find out...

Skinsfan:  To my knowledge the turn off of Sheriff to the lot is NOT called Belle Haven.  The lot is accessed from Sheriff by going through Prince George's Sports Complex.  I don't believe that access road has a marking other than Prince George's Sports Complex.  It is not currently labeled on MapQuest.  If you check MapQuest and the team's directions you will see that Belle Haven is a road that connects 704 to Sheriff.  If you called the ticket office and someone told you that Belle Haven is the road that takes you from Sheriff to the lot, don't believe them.  They told me the same thing yesterday.  It's going to take a while for everyone to understand this route.

TEAM DIRECTIONS:

Belle Haven Drive:
From Northern Virginia, Howard, Montgomery and Anne Arundel Counties: Take I-495/I-95 to Exit 19 (US Route 50 East). Once travelling east take Exit 8 for MD-704. Turn left at the light and continue on MD-704 for 4 miles. Turn left onto Belle Haven Drive, then turn left onto Sheriff Rd. The entrance to the RedZone lot will be on your right in 1/2 mile.
From Washington DC: US Route 50 East to Exit 8 for MD-704. Turn left at the light and continue on MD-704 for 4 miles. Turn left onto Belle Haven Drive, then turn left onto Sheriff Rd. The entrance to the RedZone lot will be on your right in 1/2 mile.

FYI, we have been accessing the current Red Zone lot using Garrett Morgan which won't be available anymore.  One time I tried the Sheriff Road entrance from Brightseat/Redskin Rd and was not allowed to take a left into the Sports Complex.  I had to drive up the hill and take a U-Turn back to the entrance.  That is always an option I guess.  We have left the stadium through the Sports Complex many times, but they have been making us take a left out onto Sheriff.

House:

I think that you have the right plan.  If we are arriving 4 or 5 hours before kickoff, 202 isn't going to be that busy on a Sunday morning.  I see that the access from 202 to 704 is a right hand ramp rather than a left hand turn, so that part should go smoothly.  I don't know if there are lights for the lefts onto Bell Haven and Sheriff but it can't be that bad on a Sunday morning.  Thanks for pointing this route out.  I don't want to drive up to 50 just to turn around and come back.  I drive from Virginia Beach so I'm not interested in unnecessary nonsense.

Mark:

I believe that you are correct, that the right onto Sheriff from Brightseat is not blocked.  It is the left from Sheriff into the Sports Complex that is blocked.  The one time I tried it (see above), I took the right from Brightseat onto Sheriff.  By the way Mark, we have never met but I can't tell you how many times I have read your sage advice about tickets, stadium policies, parking rules etc. and never been misled. Thanks man.  

Skinsfan: To my knowledge the turn off of Sheriff to the lot is NOT called Belle Haven. The lot is accessed from Sheriff by going through Prince George's Sports Complex. I don't believe that access road has a marking other than Prince George's Sports Complex. It is not currently labeled on MapQuest. If you check MapQuest and the team's directions you will see that Belle Haven is a road that connects 704 to Sheriff. If you called the ticket office and someone told you that Belle Haven is the road that takes you from Sheriff to the lot, don't believe them. They told me the same thing yesterday. It's going to take a while for everyone to understand this route.

TEAM DIRECTIONS:

Belle Haven Drive:

• From Northern Virginia, Howard, Montgomery and Anne Arundel Counties: Take I-495/I-95 to Exit 19 (US Route 50 East). Once travelling east take Exit 8 for MD-704. Turn left at the light and continue on MD-704 for 4 miles. Turn left onto Belle Haven Drive, then turn left onto Sheriff Rd. The entrance to the RedZone lot will be on your right in 1/2 mile.

• From Washington DC: US Route 50 East to Exit 8 for MD-704. Turn left at the light and continue on MD-704 for 4 miles. Turn left onto Belle Haven Drive, then turn left onto Sheriff Rd. The entrance to the RedZone lot will be on your right in 1/2 mile.

FYI, we have been accessing the current Red Zone lot using Garrett Morgan which won't be available anymore. One time I tried the Sheriff Road entrance from Brightseat/Redskin Rd and was not allowed to take a left into the Sports Complex. I had to drive up the hill and take a U-Turn back to the entrance. That is always an option I guess. We have left the stadium through the Sports Complex many times, but they have been making us take a left out onto Sheriff.

House:

I think that you have the right plan. If we are arriving 4 or 5 hours before kickoff, 202 isn't going to be that busy on a Sunday morning. I see that the access from 202 to 704 is a right hand ramp rather than a left hand turn, so that part should go smoothly. I don't know if there are lights for the lefts onto Bell Haven and Sheriff but it can't be that bad on a Sunday morning. Thanks for pointing this route out. I don't want to drive up to 50 just to turn around and come back. I drive from Virginia Beach so I'm not interested in unnecessary nonsense.

Mark:

I believe that you are correct, that the right onto Sheriff from Brightseat is not blocked. It is the left from Sheriff into the Sports Complex that is blocked. The one time I tried it (see above), I took the right from Brightseat onto Sheriff. By the way Mark, we have never met but I can't tell you how many times I have read your sage advice about tickets, stadium policies, parking rules etc. and never been misled. Thanks man.

Thank you very much!

Directions to Redzone lot using House's idea (feel free to add notes if you know the streets or landmarks):

FROM VIRGINIA 495/95 Capital Beltway

Exit 17 to 202 Landover Rd.
Take left hand lane when ramp splits.
Left at light onto 202 West.
Proceed about 3 miles to 704 West (Martin Luther King Jr. Highway), taking right hand ramp to 704.
Turn left onto Belle Haven Drive.
Turn left onto Sheriff Rd.
In ½ mile take right hand entrance into Prince George’s Sports Complex which leads to Redzone lot.
Open a beer.

Questions:
I’m assuming that 704 is West but don’t know what the signs actually say.  Directionally it’s more southwest.
I don’t know if the lefts onto Belle Haven and Sheriff Road have lights.

People are confusing what the Redskins are saying. The Redskins are showing directions "via" Belle Haven. The Skins, and I presume the Prince Georges Police Dept, are trying to route traffic so that people can make a right hand turn off of Sherrif road into the Redskins Red Zone parking lot. That makes traffic flow into the parking area smoother and avoids stopping traffic on Sheriff Road by folks trying to turn left into the parking lot. No where does it say the road into FedEx Field is "Belle Haven". They want people to USE Belle Haven to get to the entrance.

People are confusing what the Redskins are saying. The Redskins are showing directions "via" Belle Haven. The Skins, and I presume the Prince Georges Police Dept, are trying to route traffic so that people can make a right hand turn off of Sherrif road into the Redskins Red Zone parking lot. That makes traffic flow into the parking area smoother and avoids stopping traffic on Sheriff Road by folks trying to turn left into the parking lot. No where does it say the road into FedEx Field is "Belle Haven". They want people to USE Belle Haven to get to the entrance.

Makes sense to me...we always get there, at least an hour, or so, before the lots open anyway. I don't see the left turn off of Sherriff being an issue.

Looking at Google Maps, the route that the Skins suggest,(via Belle Haven to Sherriff), adds unnecessary extra miles, coming in from AA county.

Leaving, however, I'll gladly take the extra miles, (via Bell Haven), to hit rt 50 and avoid the Brightseat/Redskins/Landover Rd's traffic. Then again, we usually have a "post-tailgate" tailgate party too, ;) , so traffic is seldom an issue.

I just hope that there's enough room in whatever the entrance road is, to let us park our vehicles for the "pre-tailgate" tailgate ;)

We'll figure it out!

quick question and apologize if someone answered already but will we still be allowed to tailgate in non "redzone" parking lots?  I have orange parking and usually have plenty of room to tailgate and would prefer to stay where I am since its easy access out of the stadium but while I dont mind if I can enter only 4 hours before hand I just want to ensure that I will still be allowed to set up my grill and cooler as I have in the past.   thanks

quick question and apologize if someone answered already but will we still be allowed to tailgate in non "redzone" parking lots? I have orange parking and usually have plenty of room to tailgate and would prefer to stay where I am since its easy access out of the stadium but while I dont mind if I can enter only 4 hours before hand I just want to ensure that I will still be allowed to set up my grill and cooler as I have in the past. thanks

According to the Skins email, that shouldn't be an issue..

If they're going to have only one lane coming into the Redzone lot on that access road next to the sports complex its going to be a big issue.  I've gone out that way a few times and it was fine (skins were getting beat so half the stadium had already left), but I wouldn't want to try to get in there with 500 other vehicles at 7:00am. Guess we'll see, really hope I'm wrong, I can't imagine the team wouldn't have looked into upgrading that small road. Right? Right? Right......

Archived