Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

Idk why the signing of jeron Johnson is pulling me to my favorite acquisition through the off season right next to Callahan and new stegth and conditioning coaches..love Chris culliver and of coarse pot roast..omg and the new GM...all to be built up and to sit through another 3 game win season but another season of CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY to watch every single snap of my beloved Redskins.

Football Perspective @fbgchase 2m2 minutes ago

Brad Oremland's top QB series continues, with Sonny Jurgensen, John Elway, and Drew Brees appearing in the top 20 http://www.footballperspective.com/guest-post-bra

Brandon Meriweather @BMeriweather31 19m19 minutes ago

Everybody Please Go donate to my foundation http://www.bm31waysfoundation.org  to help these kids get back to school gear

CSN Redskins ‏@CSNRedskins 23m23 minutes ago

OPEN THREAD: Can expectations possibly get lower for Redskins? http://ow.ly/OGkuw  #RedskinsTalk

<edit quoted pic--see how that's done?>

From above:

The numbers are staggering. Vegas experts installed the Cowboys and Eagles nearly 10 times as likely to win the division. This is the NFL, the beacon of parity among the American pro sports leagues, and yet Washington is a tremendously distant underdog.

Dallas won 12 games and the NFC East last year, the Eagles won 10 and narrowly missed the playoffs. Even the Giants won six games after an awful start to the season. Still, the 'Skins beat the Cowboys in Dallas last season and knocked Philadelphia out of the playoffs late in the year. The NFC East is historically competitive, and Washington under GM Scot McCloughan made improvements along the offensive line and throughout the defense.  

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 13m13 minutes ago

Emmanual Benton retweeted Seph!

I think he may have to wait and see what happens w/Pierre. Reminds me of a young Greg Jennings.

Emmanual Benton added,

Seph! @SizzleSane25
@Manny_PPI What's your opinion on WR Ryan Grant?

Washington Redskins @Redskins 23m23 minutes ago

#Redskins using time between minicamp & #SkinsCamp to spend with family. MORE | http://redsk.in/1QO1R7W 

CIMmOEDVEAQrWYj.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 4m4 minutes ago

From earlier—NTK: Callahan says #Redskins' running scheme will be diverse http://wp.me/pAil9-3Sf  #RedskinsTalk

CILE6OGWEAApn77.png

<partial text from csn article about expectations being so low>

was disappointed when i clicked that link that it only really talked about vegas odds..  had hoped there was more insight than simply stating division records..  that being said, i missed the points about what we were able to do against the boys and eagles in half our wins.. and not that i care what vegas thinks of us, they're probably spot on, although i hope they'll be wrong..  we'll see i guess

was disappointed when i clicked that link that it only really talked about vegas odds..  had hoped there was more insight than simply stating division records..  that being said, i missed the points about what we were able to do against the boys and eagles in half our wins.. and not that i care what vegas thinks of us, they're probably spot on, although i hope they'll be wrong..  we'll see i guess

Those odds are for winning the division, not necessarily improving our record or even (hopefully) finishing above .500. Just winning the division. So, I agree with them.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure about the other two things I mentioned. I'm in beaten-dog mode. My master (the Skins) is raising his hand to strike me again and I'm wincing. Every time he's done it before (well, the last 20 or so times) I've been hit hard. I don't want that to happen again but history shows it is likely.

Oh how I hope that changes but for now I don't expect it will.

was disappointed when i clicked that link that it only really talked about vegas odds..  <edit>

It's early out here, but you're not the first person I've disappointed already, and I'm already taking a break to gear up and add to the list!  :P

This post focuses on #Redskins offensive red zone 3rd-down issues but look at the stats of the D in the RZ. http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/callahan-discusses-primary-cause-redskins-red-zone-woes …

kind of another disappointing article that gives no insight on how to fix it..  just basically says we sucked on 3rd down when in the red zone and provides stat comparisons league-wide to justify that fact..  guess these writers are grasping for things to write this month as much as we are trying to find new things to read... lol

...kind of another disappointing article that gives no insight on how to fix it..  just basically says we sucked on 3rd down when in the red zone and provides stat comparisons league-wide to justify that fact..  guess these writers are grasping for things to write this month as much as we are trying to find new things to read... lol

I feel like a lot of this is just BS speak. Not to say Callahan doesn't know his game, it's just that couldn't you pick anything and say, "Well, obviously because they did that poorly that would have helped them if they'd done it better"?

It's sort of like our long passing game, well, if we'd connected on long passes more often, then maybe we wouldn't have been in the red zone in the first place, we would have scored more from 20+ yards out. Or, if we'd done better on 1st down then we wouldn't have been in 3rd and long so often. Or, If we wouldn't have false started so often then we'd be in better field position. There are a thousand things that anyone could pick out and say, "Well, obviously that's their problem." 

Realistically, we just weren't a good team all around, otherwise we wouldn't be having these types of conversation. We were pretty much garbage in almost every way. You don't get to 4-12 by being really great on one side of the ball and terrible on the others, IMO.

Realistically, we just weren't a good team all around, otherwise we wouldn't be having these types of conversation. 

and to tack on to that, being as bad as we are/were, it provides writers the ability to include stats to back up their articles about how vegas has installed us as a very long shot to win the division...  :lol:

kind of another disappointing article that gives no insight on how to fix it..  just basically says we sucked on 3rd down when in the red zone and provides stat comparisons league-wide to justify that fact..  guess these writers are grasping for things to write this month as much as we are trying to find new things to read... lol

The ability to write analytical sports articles is almost dead. It's all about calling out people/players/teams these days. Mostly pointing out how bad/awful things are for said people/player/team. Toss in the snide remarks & trendy witticisms and you, too, can be a sportswriter.

It's almost never about offering analysis on what it would take to fix the situation. 

The ability to write analytical sports articles is almost dead...It's almost never about offering analysis on what it would take to fix the situation. 

That's what made Keim the best. I think now though, the pressure to put out a million articles every day has dumbed down his stuff. He's just not the same as he used to be at the WT. He used to watch film and dig. Now, mostly it's interviews and fluff. The kind of junk I generally don't care about much.

That's messed up man, but it's also pretty funny that you and your dad think exactly alike.

There's a guy on here, don't remember his name, but he's got a glove box full of Redskins bumper stickers in his car. Whenever he sees a Cowboy's sticker, he takes a Redskins sticker and covers it up. :lol:

I've always thought that was the greatest non-destructive idea to use on an opposing fan.

I think that was my idea...never followed through. Maybe someone else did? I hope so!

HAIL!

Archived