Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Super active.  Atlantic and eastern Pacific combined, there are 2 storms and 5 others gathering themselves.

I can't even explain how scary this is right now.

This place is bad ass though. People are working together like I've never seen in my life and I've been through some small disasters before.

Caribbean is built tough as ****.

• Like 4

On 9/14/2017 at 11:54 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Jose is the most unpredictable storm I can recall.

Heads up east coast.

Trended to the west AGAIN, and now it looks like it will gain strength as it churns up the coast.  This puppy looks like it'll be a hurricane well in to next week.

21743363_1535588069840001_71357456385949

OBX needs to keep their eye on this, as well as most of the Atlantic coast.

Any chance we see Jose skirt the coast south to north, then loop back down north to south and make landfall just south of Philly?  That is a crazy ass path...

59 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Any chance we see Jose skirt the coast south to north, then loop back down north to south and make landfall just south of Philly?  That is a crazy ass path...

I seriously hope not since "south of Philly" = my front yard

Dude, this is a machine gun style tropical season.  Pacific and Atlantic.  Keep your heads down.

15 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Yes.  There is a chance Jose crosses over the North Pole, swings around the backside of the planet, flies over Antarctica, wrecks Brazil, and screwballs its way in to Philly in November.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

Bands from jose dropped 10 inches of rain on us Friday morning and now Tuesday we're getting a direct hit from a cat 3. Half of STX is already still without power. We're the only island standing in the northern leewards and the hub for aid for everyone else and Maria is predicted to come right through us. 

We're out of anything you'd ever imagine needing after a cat 5 hurricane leveld your home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're out of anything you'd ever imagine needing after a cat 5 hurricane leveld your home.

I've told folks that there are people on Croix who can help Thomas & John, to try & direct their donations in your direction.  Prayers for y'all all day, dude.  Hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Koolblue might see the calm in the eye of a hurricane, with Maria's track.  Goes without saying, that because of being in the eye, you get hit with the worst of it in a 1-2 punch.  This one is dumping a lot of rain.  Hoping for you man.

Crosses right over top of Puerto Rico after that, hits the north coast of the Dom. Republic, and the Bahamas need to be on alert.

Who knows what Maria will bring to the continental US.

Jose is churning up the east coast.  Mid/north Atlantic has some watches out.

• Sad 2

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, we're getting a direct hit from a cat 4 storm. Eye should be on us around 2am.

We've sent everything we could get our hands on to the other islands. Everything is depleted here.

This is gonna be bad.

That'll be 2 am Wednesday.  Should start to feel it here soon, though.  Right now it's barely a hurricane.  Rapid strengthening will commence very shortly.

10 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

That'll be 2 am Wednesday.  Should start to feel it here soon, though.  Right now it's barely a hurricane.  Rapid strengthening will commence very shortly.

That's the worst part. Right before it hits us, is when it slows down and gets strong. It's creepy.

• Sad 1