Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

10 hours ago, twa said:

hopefully it will track more west, at least ya'll should be on the 'dry' side then

We're in the "exceptional" level of drought now...no longer JUST severe.  Hubby said he can't believe a hurricane is coming & we won't get a drop of rain...then it decided to go even farther east...now he's in a state of depression just having to water our giant elephant ear at the end of the driveway.:kickcan:

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

If it "moves well west", that'll be our ONLY chance of a sprinkle.

Well ****:bill:

....don't know my east from my west anymore.,stay away from drugs children.

1 minute ago, twa said:

Well ****:bill:

....don't know my east from my west anymore.,stay away from drugs children.

The first time you made the directional mistake was on the last page.  I let it go, but I'm glad Mary called you out on the second one. C'mon twa.  It spells "WE"...west on the left east on the right.

• Like 1

My sister had to call me to see where the hurricane video was and the bag that had the screws or bolts for the hurricane shutters.  Whoever is putting those shutters up will be having fun.   Hopefully, when I finally get back to Florida by the middle of the month; there will be no more hurriances.

For those who have to deal with it, stay safe.

• Like 1

I appreciate it fellas... I tried but my wife won't leave... she wants to stay close to the hospital (she's 9 months pregnant)

waiting on this 11pm advisory from NHC to tell us if we should evacuate too 

rest of my family is in Charleston area and some of them have evacuated too. Praying for safety for all!

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Like 1

Good luck, wish you could at least move inland.  Perhaps a hotel near a hospital.  At least at home you'll batton down the hatches and have presumably prepared step by step.  Hope the surge doesn't flood ya.  Backup plan for if it does is eeeuge.

Georgia coast now getting some warnings from NOAA.

The west end of the island I live on is like a bay. It's calmer than most lakes.

Because of the storm surge from a storm one week and 800 miles away, they've had to close the roads closest to the water.

10+ foot violent crashing waves in a place I haven't seen a 1 foot wave in 5 years. 

This storm isn't just crushing everything it sits on, it's dragging what's left out to sea. It's incredibly violent and destructive.

Semper, leave. Or go to the hospital anyway. 

I didn't realize the Bahamas highest point was just over 200 feet. They're royally screwed. 

Y'all seen pics of Haiti and Cuba? Holy ****ing ****.

I have a friend who has a charity that focuses on the lower peninsula of Haiti and she sailed over just in time. Just got an update from her and she said most buildings are gone and the rest are flooded and have no roofs. Trees are all gone. Infrastructure destroyed. No idea how many dead.

This storm is as violent as any has ever been.

I'm really curious to see what happens when it runs into Nicole up north.

13 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I appreciate it fellas... I tried but my wife won't leave... she wants to stay close to the hospital (she's 9 months pregnant)

12 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Good luck, wish you could at least move inland.  Perhaps a hotel near a hospital.

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Cat 4 coming at us and winds are already TS force and expected to get a lot stronger by noon. 

Lets do this

Personally, I like DSR's idea.

It's one thing to hunker down during a Cat 5.

But it's another, to have the possibility of getting on the road, from your house to the hospital, smack in the middle of a Cat 5.