Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

My sister was able to get most of her shutters up.  Her bathroom window was behind Shurbs; so told them they could leave that one.  My nieces old room window; the builders designed it; so you couldn't even put up the shutters.  Live with my sister in Melbourne.  Cell Connection was horrible; so I was unable to know; if she decided to head west to Orlando to ride out the storm.  We are inland enough; where I don't think have to worry about storm surges of water. I don't know about wind though?  Hopefully, nothing really bad happens to the house and my sister is able to stay safe. My niece- a student at WVU; decide to visit her mom this week. Talk about bad timing.  My roommate said I should be down there to have all that storm fun; said Nooo!!!    When I head back home after the 15th; want the storm over and done with and all affected areas back on the road to recovery.   

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

We have family in Melbourne too, evacuated to Orlando last night... 

theyre now saying potential Cat 5. Luckily the middle school next to my house is opening for shelter 

im a few miles from the beach but not far enough at this point.

Winds growing fast and rain coming down hard now in spurts 

The worst will begin around 7pm

Edited by SemperFi Skins

Good luck!

here's a nifty trick i read about today. If you may need to evacuate, freeze a small glass of water now, and then lay a quarter on top of it in your freezer.

If the quarter is at the bottom when you come back,, throw out the food, the power went out.

if it's not, or if it refroze halfway down, you'll probably be ok

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Hitting me as we speak! Loud outside, wind and rain whipping across the street. Treetops touching the ground... watching from my front door

watching is fun till things start flying good , I installed Lexan so I can see the shows in relative safety

27 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Hitting me as we speak! Loud outside, wind and rain whipping across the street. Treetops touching the ground... watching from my front door

Cool man, as long as you can stay safe - very cool.  Always wanted to experience a powerful hurricane from a fortified structure like a parking garage or sturdy building. Vids on youtube of people doing that are super intense.

Should steadily get stronger for you during the next 12 hours.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The loop-around track is looking like a-go.  Looks like it'll be a tropical storm headed to the southwest at the beginning of next week.  

Right now, it's back up to a category 4, with max sustained winds at 130 mph.  Those winds are right off the FL coast.

14568151_1177703988961746_76036606238352

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

38 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

That's 300+ miles of coastline that can all expect upwards of 10-12 feet of storm surge. That's insane.

and add in waves, storm surge is gonna be a **** when the eye closes on land,

CuIZrbJW8AA4X60.jpg