Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Former police chief gets no jail time after pleading guilty to stealing heroin from evidence room

ELIZABETH BOROUGH, Pa. - The former Elizabeth Borough police chief has been sentenced to 55 months of probation and 325 hours of community service after pleading guilty to stealing heroin from the department evidence room.

Tim Butler pleaded guilty in August to two counts of theft, one count of possession and one count of obstructing the administration of law.

Butler was charged in 2018. According to the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office, Butler confessed to a subordinate officer that he was addicted to heroin, and when asked if there was any missing evidence, replied that “it was all gone.”

During Wednesday's sentencing hearing, the judge decided against jail time, acknowledging this was an addiction, but made a point of telling Butler that he violated a lot of trust considering his position -- and therefore got the higher end of probation.

Click on the link for the full article

23 hours ago, China said:

Former police chief gets no jail time after pleading guilty to stealing heroin from evidence room

...Butler was charged in 2018. According to the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office, Butler confessed to a subordinate officer that he was addicted to heroin, and when asked if there was any missing evidence, replied that “it was all gone.”

I can just imagine the rest of this convo...

Butler: ...*SOB* *SNIFF* So you know what you need to do.

Subordinate: Of course. I’ll call Internal Affairs.

Butler: NO! Get a team together right away to rob, ‘er arrest some addicts/dealers to get more.

It always seems that whenever these exonerations happen as a result of police and/or prosecutorial misconduct, the state (i.e. taxpayers) pays out a few bucks but the cops and prosecutors involved are never mentioned with regard to consequences. No firings, pensions taken, jailings, disbarment, nothing. I just have to wonder how long it’s going to take before some of these dudes start realizing they’ve already paid for a crime so morally, they’ve got a freebie coming. If it were me, like Chestnutt, I’d have been dreaming of that day, but for a very different reason. 

The state of Maryland does not want Adnan Syed to go free for multiple reasons, and none of them have to do with whether they think he actually killed his ex-gf Hae. The initial investigation into her murder has been called into question by not just Serial, but the Undisclosed podcast. The effort they've put into preventing a new case, because they know they would lose, is to avoid paying Adnan a ton of money he'd be owed and whatever lawsuit he may initiate to get more, and the fact that this story is globally known and it would be a massive black eye for the state justice department. 

One of the detectives on the Adnan case has had over a dozen cases overturned as it was proven he coerced false statements from witnesses or just told them what to say to avoid being prosecuted for unrelated crimes. Which is exactly what many suspect he did to witness Jay Wilds, and the evidence supports it. 

It's unfortunate, because the only way Adnan would be freed is if the State of MD has no choice because the actual killer was found. IMO, it was Hae's current bf Don, at the time of death. 

On 12/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, nonniey said:

Los Angeles officer appears to fondle dead woman's breast in body-cam, police say

The officer has been removed from active duty as the Los Angeles Police Department investigates the footage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/los-angeles-officer-appears-fondle-dead-woman-s-breast-body-n1095466

But, it’s such a stressful job tho. He was just blowing off a little steam.

7 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Just a few isolated bad apples. This picture would seem to say otherwise.

28 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

But, it’s such a stressful job tho. He was just blowing off a little steam.

Just a few isolated bad apples. This picture would seem to say otherwise.

Sisko in your opinion how many of these are making the Zieg Heil salute?  I see 2 that look like Nazi salutes, several that look like Roman salutes (closed fists - which would fit the hail theme?) a bunch that look like waves, one guy using his left hand  to wave.  Saw the story and if it is only this photo that they have to claim they were making a Nazi salute then it looks like an over-reaction, burn them at the stake sort of situation. 

Edited by nonniey

8 hours ago, nonniey said:

Sisko in your opinion how many of these are making the Zieg Heil salute?  I see 2 that look like Nazi salutes, several that look like Roman salutes (closed fists - which would fit the hail theme?) a bunch that look like waves, one guy using his left hand  to wave.  Saw the story and if it is only this photo that they have to claim they were making a Nazi salute then it looks like an over-reaction, burn them at the stake sort of situation. 

Wow. Are you really going to make excuses for this stuff? 

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Even if they were killed by police fire, hard to pin this on the cops.

Its not hard to do at all. But its unreasonable without knowing exactly what happened. These cops really could have been firing back when fired on, which to me makes sense. I would be happy to pin it on the cops if they instigated a fire fight in the middle of the street though. 

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Even if they were killed by police fire, hard to pin this on the cops.

Off ignore for this one. Using cars with civilians in them as cover is definitely something that should not be tolerated. You're just inviting the bad guys to shoot at that person.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Wow. Are you really going to make excuses for this stuff? 

Its not hard to do at all. But its unreasonable without knowing exactly what happened. These cops really could have been firing back when fired on, which to me makes sense. I would be happy to pin it on the cops if they instigated a fire fight in the middle of the street though. 

armed robbers with a hostage who had already fired their weapon (bullets if which already struck city hall).... I don’t see how the cops could have possibly instigate it.  I can perfectly understanding of cops shooting first in this case.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

armed robbers with a hostage who had already fired their weapon (bullets if which already struck city hall).... I don’t see how the cops could have possibly instigate it.  I can perfectly understanding of cops shooting first in this case.

Im pretty sure there are rules for firing that many guns on a highway with innocent people on it. If not there should be. Same idea behind not getting into a high speed chase in some cities. That being, civilian lives are more important than catching the bad guys. I would think that if the bad guys are fleeing and not shooting people in public, you risk aggravating them by engaging in a public area. 

Thats what I would think, no way do I know what the rules actually are so this is just my opinion. But I, personally, would fault them if what I described above was the case. I do get your point though. Violent guys, armed, with a hostage, fleeing to god knows where pose an obvious threat too. I just dont think unloading 19 guns in the middle of the street with civilians in the cross fire is in any way a good judgment call and I would fault them for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I know the story. Whas your point? 

Actually changed my response  to be clearer to -

I'm not defending anything,  I'm condemning the mob and the media that went after all (All) these people. 

Further edit - when all they had (as far as I currently know) is this photo.

Edited by nonniey