Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After taking phone giants' money, these Republicans want to kill net neutrality - ZDNet

Mad Mike

After taking phone giants' money, these Republicans want to kill net neutrality | ZDNet

The problem is while the bill [PDF] includes the word "freedom," it appears just once -- and only in the bill's title. The bill, just over 150 words in length, is designed solely to undo a recent vote by the Federal Communications Commission that effectively made every internet user in the US equal.

The Internet Freedom Act, an ironically-named bill currently making its way through the House, aims to "prohibit" the regulations adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) late last month.The bill was introduced by Rep. Marsha Blackburn, who has taken a total of six-figures from telecom companies in the past year alone, according to records ending in early February 2015.

Those regulations, by a 3-2 vote in favor, adopted net neutrality rules, which will reclassify internet service as a utility under Title II of the Communications Act. The FCC rules aim to make sure that all traffic on the internet is treated equally, ensuring every user regardless of provider or service gets the same service.

Want to understand who republicans represent? (hint - it's not you) Follow the money.

Amazing how these people flat out LIE to the public and their R wing base eats it up without question. All you have to do is blame Obama and Republicans will do anything including voting against their own best interest. I sometimes wonder, If Obama said "don't point a loaded gun at your own face and pull the trigger", how many crazy republicans would blow their own head off to spite him?

"The FCC rules aim to make sure that all traffic on the internet is treated equally, ensuring every user regardless of provider or service gets the same service."

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Whoever wrote that and thought of that has no concept of how packets work and are exchanged.

Feel free to give examples of democrats and I will stand up and cheer.

Just so I'm clear, you DONT think that Democrats take money from Special Interest groups and then introduce legislation to benefit those groups?

Seriously?????

If true, it certainly explains why you hate the GOP so much.  I would too if I only saw one side of the field.

If it's true and you really want me to give examples, I'll gladly comply. 

I don't think this post was created to say only ®'s take money, I think it was to illustrate that on the specific issue of net neutrality, an issue that it seemed like a year or so ago most gov't officials were pretty united on after the public had an uproar and made their voices heard, something all of the sudden changed the mind of a considerable portion of the GOP's minds on the issue. 

There's a lot of whining usually in these threads that they are biased.

Feel free to make one that shows Dem corruption if you have such a serious issue.

The point is that most politicians are this way, whether it be an R or a D in front of their names. Some care I'm sure but most only worry about lining their pockets which ultimately destroys the credibilty of all of them. We could go back and forth with stories like this all day long from either side of the fence but the reality is the only ones who truly care are the people who can't do anything about the problems. I shouldn't have been rude to Mike though and for that I apologize.

Start with Labor Unions.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/seven-unions-top-kochs-in-super-pac-spending-and-thats-just-the-money-we-know-about/

Or get specific to a candidate- How about Diane Feinstein-

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/17/sen-feinsteins-husbands-company-to-bag-1-billion-for-government-deal/

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2014-05-15-reid-remarks-on-constitutional-amendment-to-stop-koch-brothers-unlimited-campaign-spending-to-buy-our-democracy-“I oppose the notion that a big bank account should give billionaires, corporations or special interest groups a greater place in government than American voters. That is why I support the constitutional amendment proposed by two Senate Democrats, Senators Tom Udall and Michael Bennet, that curbs unlimited campaign spending.”

Of course he probably doesn't mean it- http://thekitchencabinet.us/harry-reids-5-lobbyist-sons/

There’s the way things LOOK…and the way things really ARE.  Either way, Harry Reid’s family of sons making their careers as lobbyists reeks of political opportunism.  Didn’t a single one  want to be a Fireman?  A Doctor?

A decade ago, the Los Angeles Times was the first to investigate Senator Harry Reid noting that THREE of Reid’s FOUR sons at the time were LOBBYISTS.  Each Reid boy worked for Nevada’s largest law firm, Lionel, Sawyer & Collins. All of them have benefited from Reid’s position.

Here’s how the Los Angeles Times put it:

“Harry Reid is in a class by himself. One of his sons and his son-in-law lobby in Washington for companies, trade groups and municipalities seeking Reid’s help in the Senate. A second son has lobbied in Nevada for some of those same interests, and a third has represented a couple of them as a litigator.

How often do ALL the sons of a Senator work for the same law firm? In Nevada...they have.

In the last four years alone, their firms have collected more than $2 million in lobbying fees from special interests that were represented by the kids and helped by the senator in Washington. Apparently such activities are not illegal. They should be. Harry Reid has four sons who all work for Nevada’s largest law firm, Lionel, Sawyer & Collins. All of them have benefited by Reid.”

Just so I'm clear, you DONT think that Democrats take money from Special Interest groups and then introduce legislation to benefit those groups?

Seriously?????

If true, it certainly explains why you hate the GOP so much.  I would too if I only saw one side of the field.

If it's true and you really want me to give examples, I'll gladly comply. 

I have NEVER suggested that Dems are immune to corruption.  And I have asked repeatedly for you and others to post examples.

PLEASE.... PLEASE..... POST EXAMPLES OF STUPID DEMOCRATS AND EXAMPLES OF DEMOCRATS WHO ARE CORRUPT.

That ONLY GOP politicians take money from Special Interests and then introduce legislation supporting them?

As long as it's GOP money and corruption

Seriously?????

Just so I'm clear, that's what, the third time in this thread that you've made up something that he didn't say, and tried to pretend he said it?

(And that's "third time so far". I'm not caught up reading, yet.)

Start with Labor Unions.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/seven-unions-top-kochs-in-super-pac-spending-and-thats-just-the-money-we-know-about/

Or get specific to a candidate- How about Diane Feinstein-

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/17/sen-feinsteins-husbands-company-to-bag-1-billion-for-government-deal/

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2014-05-15-reid-remarks-on-constitutional-amendment-to-stop-koch-brothers-unlimited-campaign-spending-to-buy-our-democracy-“I oppose the notion that a big bank account should give billionaires, corporations or special interest groups a greater place in government than American voters. That is why I support the constitutional amendment proposed by two Senate Democrats, Senators Tom Udall and Michael Bennet, that curbs unlimited campaign spending.”

Of course he probably doesn't mean it- http://thekitchencabinet.us/harry-reids-5-lobbyist-sons/

There’s the way things LOOK…and the way things really ARE.  Either way, Harry Reid’s family of sons making their careers as lobbyists reeks of political opportunism.  Didn’t a single one  want to be a Fireman?  A Doctor?

A decade ago, the Los Angeles Times was the first to investigate Senator Harry Reid noting that THREE of Reid’s FOUR sons at the time were LOBBYISTS.  Each Reid boy worked for Nevada’s largest law firm, Lionel, Sawyer & Collins. All of them have benefited from Reid’s position.

Here’s how the Los Angeles Times put it:

“Harry Reid is in a class by himself. One of his sons and his son-in-law lobby in Washington for companies, trade groups and municipalities seeking Reid’s help in the Senate. A second son has lobbied in Nevada for some of those same interests, and a third has represented a couple of them as a litigator.

How often do ALL the sons of a Senator work for the same law firm? In Nevada...they have.

In the last four years alone, their firms have collected more than $2 million in lobbying fees from special interests that were represented by the kids and helped by the senator in Washington. Apparently such activities are not illegal. They should be. Harry Reid has four sons who all work for Nevada’s largest law firm, Lionel, Sawyer & Collins. All of them have benefited by Reid.”

Good Job. There should NEVER be influence peddling by any politician. I'm not going to defend any of it. But how does it compare to this?....

Secure Arkansas digs into nursing homes' and Eddie Joe Williams' influence peddling | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

And while Harry Reed supports the repeal of this BLATANT LIE republicans LOVE it.  

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission : SCOTUSblog

Citizens United | OpenSecrets

Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending - NYTimes.com

Republicans have voted for their belief that money equals speech. Meaning the rich have more influence than mere peasants. 

Mitt Romney says ‘corporations are people’ - The Washington Post

Got anything on that level?

How about this: Keystone vote vs money donated by oil and gas. Klick the link for image - too big to post.

http://www.michaelsartphoto.com/img/s12/v170/p667091207.jpg

Research by the center for responsive politics. Color coded visualization by me.  Anyone see a pattern here?

Archived