Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

J.J. Watt Not Exactly Roughing It

Dan T.

What is a sun room for exactly? Is it like a living room with more windows that needed a name more creative than "the other living room, the one without a tv because the glare would be unbearable in here".

JJ Watt put that in because JJ Watt was considerate enough to allow God to look down on His most awesomest creation, JJ Watt.

That JJ Watt, always thinking of the little people.

Deadspin weighs in on the "minimalist" cabin. I chuckled...

http://deadspin.com/j-j-watt-is-a-goddamn-lying-clownfraud-1689443066

That was an entertaining rant. 

A minimalist log cabin with no frills does not have three total kitchens. It does not have one kitchen! It has a fire pit, and a can of beans, and maybe a stick for any meat you happen to strangle to death with your hands while simultaneously weeping and snarling. For that is all the rugged outdoorsman needs as he completes his offseason training regimen of standing shirtless in the freezing river and daring the bears to fight him.

:lol:

Love what they refer to as "cabins." Saw that all the time when I lived in Park City. Lovely cabin in the woods. Right. 7,000 sq. feet of it.  :rolleyes:  Won't lie though. Wouldn't mind a "cabin" like that myself. Love the wood work,(done some of that kind of work myself).

If Riggo had Watt's money he'd still have been in camo drinkin beer, but he'd be doing it on a bigger plot of land in front of a bigger house... and not even coach Gibbs would have been able to tell him ****. :)

In my mind, if Riggo were doing this today, he'd have a nice compound, but there would be all sorts of machine gun emplacements, booby traps, and maybe a rope bridge on the approach. And he'd be on an exercise bike, in camo, beer in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

$800,000 for a house is fairly modest, especially for a pro athlete.

While I agree with the second part, you have to realize it is in the woods of Wisconsin.  The average home in Wisconsin is like 150k.  So his house is the DC equivalent of a $2.5M home.  Good for him to go back to his roots, location wise at least, but that's hardly modest.  Sure wish that home were just a fraction of one years salary for me.  :o 

While I agree with the second part, you have to realize it is in the woods of Wisconsin.  The average home in Wisconsin is like 150k.  So his house is the DC equivalent of a $2.5M home.  Good for him to go back to his roots, location wise at least, but that's hardly modest.  Sure wish that home were just a fraction of one years salary for me.  :o

It can be.

But you better get started on your spin move.

• 11 months later...

did some random research ... when Watt had his 20.5 sacks back in 2012, there were 18 QB's who had 500 or more pass attempts. 

When Gastineau had his 22 sacks in 1984 there 5 ... 5 passers with 500 or more attempts. 

Archived