Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone else is taking credit for my Man Cave

StephenB

Your a better person than I am lol. There is actually fun to be had in dealing with people like that. Just have to be creative!

Well, I'm getting real close to changing my mind on this.  I just saw that someone called him out on Twitter.  He just said that reposting a pic is not stealing.  Of course he didn't explain the article where he takes credit...

https://twitter.com/bigphibbn/status/568071827110674432

Wow, reading the webcached article makes my blood boil.  I don't have a Redskins mancave, but I'm the owner of quite a few creative home projects, and although I've never sought internet fame for them, I'd be hella-angry if someone tried to claim them as their own online.

When I first saw this thread, I figured the culprit was some teenage kid who thought it'd be cool to get 15 minutes of fame.  But the fact that its a grown man with a family is just outright sad.

Wow, reading the webcached article makes my blood boil.  I don't have a Redskins mancave, but I'm the owner of quite a few creative home projects, and although I've never sought internet fame for them, I'd be hella-angry if someone tried to claim them as their own online.

When I first saw this thread, I figured the culprit was some teenage kid who thought it'd be cool to get 15 minutes of fame.  But the fact that its a grown man with a family is just outright sad.

One time some kid took credit for one of my helmets online.  No biggie, just a kid.  But as you pointed out, this is a grown man.  That makes me furious.

On top of that, I saw that someone called him out on Twitter and he said he never claimed it was his and he never addressed the author of the tweet directly.  When the original author then presented the cached article from Redskins.com, he just ignored it.  He's not even man enough to say, "Yeah man, I screwed up.  Sorry.".

I was thinking it may have been a kid as well but I looked him up today when I was killing time and was surprised to see that he appears to be a normal family guy who's a die hard fan, very weird. He probably floated your pic to his hanger-on's and it blew up on him requiring more BS to cover his previous BS.

Your pics are still on his Instagram page BTW.

Someone should drop a line to Deadspin.  This the kind of minor sports-related kerfuffle they like to sink their teeth into.

LOL, I used to rip on Deadspin a lot, but I find it hard to do ever since they were the ones to break the Manti Te'o story while ESPN reported about the initial story nonstop while never once thinking to contact the girl's parents and get their take on how it felt to have an NCAA football powerhouse dedicate their season to her memory.

Confession: I once did something along those same lines. The guy I was ripping off found out and called me out on it which was totally embarrassing and then I had no choice but to kill him.

I don't what it is about your brand of humor, but it has me on the floor all the time, lol. 

I was thinking it may have been a kid as well but I looked him up today when I was killing time and was surprised to see that he appears to be a normal family guy who's a die hard fan, very weird. He probably floated your pic to his hanger-on's and it blew up on him requiring more BS to cover his previous BS.

Your pics are still on his Instagram page BTW.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same.  The whole thing just blew up on him and instead of just backtracking early, he just got to the point where the lies snowballed.

At this point, I'm over him.  Based on his twitter feed, he appears to just be some kind of dumb meathead that doesn't really post anything of substance or value (not that Twitter is known for intellectual thought, or my feed is of strong content).

I have reached out to the team again asking for a follow-up article.  Not one saying they were wrong or naming him as a fraud, but just something where I could talk to the Man Cave.  Like a do over.

StephenB - nice stuff ... but ... where's the TV?  Too big for the camera ... can't get it all in frame?  Hope so

man-cave-043.jpg

The TV is nice, but I wish I had gotten bigger.  The wall it is on could easily hold an 80 incher.  With TV prices coming down each year, that may be a realistic dream sooner than later.

Just read the entire thread. This guy is just going to get away with this? I almost want to get an Instagram account to put him on blast. I understand why StephenB doesn't want to, but damn, this lying ass mother****er deserves to have his close friends and family on Instagram or Twitter realize he's got a fraudulent complex. I can just imagine him taking off work in order to stay up 72 hours straight, with his eyes glued to the computer monitor, sweating, shaking, deleting and blocking people that keep calling him out. He deserves it, IMO. You don't take credit for other peoples' work & art. He is a huge douche for doing that. Huge.

He is getting a little heat on Twitter, but he doesn't apparently have the stones to address any of the comments on it.

I did speak to the writer of the article yesterday. He told me that they reached out to him to let him know he was full of it and that's why the article was pulled. Of course, he never responded.

I did notice that he seems to quote scripture on his Twitter feed. I'm not a religious person, but I really don't appreciate when people behave poorly and quote scripture.  Huge pet peeve of mine.  That gives good natured religious people who actually do the right thing, a bad name.  

But .. But .. But Edmunwardo (whatevs!) "keeps adding stuff to his man cave as his budget permits."  The story MUST be true!

Hey StephenB .. what's your price for the throwback helmets under the TV?  :D

I don't do Instagram like a lot of you kids do. How do I find this liar's pics?  And SB .. I am "religious," and it ticks me off too when people claim to be Christians and then act like complete assholes!  We're all prone to screw up every once in a while because we're all human and some people are new at being Christians after living some pretty messed up lives and it takes a while to change your ways, but taking credit and acting like something is yours that isn't just a little trivial trip-up. That's a sign of a serious problem. The least he could do is apologize to you and take his Twitpics (whatevs!) down and remove his asinine "Reposting pics is not stealing never claimed it" which is just another clueless lie to cover up his talking to a reporter and lying that your man cave is HIS!  That is a textbook sign of a pathological liar.

But .. But .. But Edmunwardo (whatevs?!) "keeps adding stuff to his man cave as his budget permits."  The story MUST be true!

Hey StephenB .. what's your price for the throwback helmets under the TV?  :D

Oh man, those are heirlooms....I could never sell those!

I don't do Instagram like a lot of you kids do. How do I find this liar's pics? 

http://instagram.com/p/y0Sx9hCDYb/

In fairness to him, he does not formally claim the Man Cave as his own on the Instagram posting.  He just states that he "made the Redskins Facebook page again".

You'd think that if his intentions were good, that he'd say something like, "I'm posting this, but it's not mine.".  Although in the comments section, the Redskins Instagram account told him, "We like your picture and would love to use it!...If that's OK with you".  He OKs its use and never clarifies that it's not his.

Then of couse, the article about him is posted on Redskins.com.  All sound like claims to me.

http://instagram.com/p/y0Sx9hCDYb/

In fairness to him, he does not formally claim the Man Cave as his own on the Instagram posting.  He just states that he "made the Redskins Facebook page again".

You'd think that if his intentions were good, that he'd say something like, "I'm posting this, but it's not mine.".  Although in the comments section, the Redskins Instagram account told him, "We like your picture and would love to use it!...If that's OK with you".  He OKs its use and never clarifies that it's not his.

Then of couse, the article about him is posted on Redskins.com.  All sound like claims to me.

Exactly right. It's not the re-posting pics that is the problem (although he could have said .. "Hey, look at this cool 'cave that someone did. Jelly.") but giving quotes to a writer on Redskins.com about how "he has spent $3000 so far" and that "he keeps adding things as his budget permits" that is the kicker!  It's like he's not aware that a liar on the intertoobs will eventually pay the ultimate price.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Skins Cave myself and somehow all the pics ended up on Pintrest. I didn't post them on there but my wife saw them and asked when I put them on Pintrest and I had no idea what pintrest was.

I have posted the pics on here and facebook... guess they pulled them off here.

BTW your mancave is sweet. nice work.

White people problems...  :rolleyes:

One of my favorite more recent SNL skits!

I have a Skins Cave myself and somehow all the pics ended up on Pintrest. I didn't post them on there but my wife saw them and asked when I put them on Pintrest and I had no idea what pintrest was.

I have posted the pics on here and facebook... guess they pulled them off here.

BTW your mancave is sweet. nice work.

Yours doesn't look too shabby either....good work

Archived