Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, max21 said:

Saw it last night. 

Hide contents

So I had a great time watching it, first thing I thought it was a little drawn out to start. I was ready for **** to go down. I didn’t like the fat Thor, it was funny at first but then got old. I liked the Thor from Infinity war that comes into Wakanda, that was super badass. I was kinda upset there was no other battles than the big one at the end, I was hoping for more “single fights” like infinity war had but I guess they couldn’t really do that I guess. The final battle was just a couple punches from him, her then on to another avenger. I also really wanted to see Hulk go full beast mode on Thanos and I never really liked Captain America that much until this movie, he was awesome.  Overall I think they did a good job, especially with only a year after the last movie. Infinity war just left me so stunned I guess that’s why I just had more fun seeing IW over this one. 

Spoiler

I was ok with fat Thor at first, but at some point, I was expecting them to change him into regular Thor and it never happened.  I didnt need fat Thor in the climax.  When he got his costume, that woulda been a perfect time to change him into himself.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What? 

What part are you asking about?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was ok with fat Thor at first, but at some point, I was expecting them to change him into regular Thor and it never happened.  I didnt need fat Thor in the climax.  When he got his costume, that woulda been a perfect time to change him into himself.

What part are you asking about?

A gay character? 

I was ok with fat Thor but I did think when he dual wielded Mjolnir and Storm Breaker he would return back to his normal self but instead his hair got pulled back and his beard got braided lol. 

I still loved it. He’s done enough as a character. Let him have his cheese wiz and beer 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:
  Hide contents

What I didnt get was the Captain Marvel post credit scene seemed to suggest something different than what was in the movie. 

Unless, we're to think that wasnt her arrival.  

I don’t think that needed to be in spoiler but in Captain Marvel that was her arrival to the Avengers 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They explained in the movie it doesn’t work like Back to the Future rules. It’s not going to change the future because that past just becomes the past for your future self. All the events still happen the same. 

Spoiler

I mean, who's to say he didn't keep doing the Captain America thing, just got married as well?  He still had the shield.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, justice98 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What I didnt get was the Captain Marvel post credit scene seemed to suggest something different than what was in the movie. 

Unless, we're to think that wasnt her arrival.  

I assume that’s what they were doing on Earth and she shows up, asks where Fury is, finds out and once they tell her what’s going on, she goes to get Tony. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

She has already been there. They said how long the pager had been transmitting for in the clip and that was with a couple days or something since the Thanos snap. The timeline is that scene happens before we see her in Endgame 

I've gotten a little spoiled over the last 10 years, enjoying so much comic hero filmdom. As a result, I was underwhelmed by Antman and the Wasp and by Captain Marvel.

Endgame brought me back to being awed and emotionally charged for this franchise. It was incredible all across the board. I laughed, I cried. I laughed again, I cried again. 

Spoiler

Loved this movie overall. Loved some arcs(Iron Man), disliked others(Hulk).

Two questions:

1. What happened to 2014 Gamora? Did she disintegrate with the rest of the 2014 displacements? They used her for a reuniting of sorts then she vanished for the rest of the movie.  Maybe I missed it.

2. So what is the confirmed Black Widow movie going to be about?  A prequel or the Search for Spock? 

Edited by KevinthePRF

20 minutes ago, KevinthePRF said:
  Hide contents

Loved this movie overall. Loved some arcs(Iron Man), disliked others(Hulk).

Two questions:

1. What happened to 2014 Gamora? Did she disintegrate with the rest of the 2014 displacements? They used her for a reuniting of sorts then she vanished for the rest of the movie.  Maybe I missed it.

2. So what is the confirmed Black Widow movie going to be about?  A prequel or the Search for Spock? 

she didn't disintegrate, she was sacrificed for the soul stone in infinity war.  with black widow, i heard it's a prequel/origin story.

Edited by ultravin

28 minutes ago, ultravin said:

she didn't disintegrate, she was sacrificed for the soul stone in infinity war.  with black widow, i heard it's a prequel/origin story.

Spoiler

He's talking about the Gammora that came back in time with Thanos.  I didn't see her again, either, not even on the GOTG ship at the end. Weird, saw Nebula.

• Thanks 1

Also part of the therapy group was a rad cameo by the great Jim Starlin, who is basically a prime architect of cosmic 70s Marvel. I’m proud to be geeky enough to have recognized it straight away.

• Like 3