Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Baltimore Orioles Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

I'm surprised he said that.  But he was always a class act here, and he took out a 2-page ad in the Baltimore Sun thanking the city and the fans.  So I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe there was a misunderstanding between him and the front office.  And the way things have unfolded in Atlanta over the offseason probably have him really wishing he was still in Baltimore.

I cheered for him for a decade, and I even have his jersey.  I wish him well.  But the Orioles made the right move in letting him walk.

I think this is bother him more than anything. He went from a division champ to a team that will be finishing 4th for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, he made his decision to take more money. He shouldn't be complaining.

http://www.camdenchat.com/2015/2/26/8116667/orioles-spring-training-chris-davis-ubaldo-jimenez

highlights

One way to prepare is to work on a new facet of your game. Chris Davis did some work on this front on Thursday, as during part of his practice time he was working on bunting down the third base line. It's like when the clouds part, the bright light from above shines through, and the angelic choir sings in perfect harmony. It seems like such a no-brainer that he should figure out how to do this.

Now only if they could get Jones to stop swinging at dirt pitches

Ubaldo Jimenez will be the first O's pitcher to throw against another team this season.

Buck said he received text from Nick Markakis today. Didn't say it, but indicated remarks might have been taken out of context. #Orioles

— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) February 26, 2015

I think dropping the occasional bunt is great but I'd also hope that he's working on hitting the ball that way as well. Just slapping a ground ball down to third could end up being a double. 

hey, it's a step up from continuing as if the shift isn't there.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12405900/how-baltimore-orioles-replace-nelson-cruz

SARASOTA, Fla. -- It was just one year ago that Nelson Cruz came rolling into the Baltimore Orioles' spring training camp. Who knew he was lugging 40 home runs in his equipment bag? All for a "mere" 8 million bucks, too. Boy, those were the days.

Well, here we are one year later, and Cruz isn't walking back into this clubhouse. He's a Seattle Mariner now, thanks to a four-year, $57-million deal the Orioles wouldn't come close to matching for a guy who is two years removed from a PED suspension, profiles as a DH and turns 35 in July.

But if it makes the reigning major league home run king feel better, his old friends in Baltimore miss him. They're just planning to go ahead and win the American League East again without him. They're sure he won't mind.

Good read Matt - thanks.  Adam Jones gettin' salty early this year.  "Matt [Wieters] missed five months last year," he said. "We've got [Manny] Machado healthy. We've got a pitching staff that's healthy. It's for us to decide what we want to be between the lines. You guys, with your predictions, you guys don't decide anything. You just make predictions. I can predict anything, too. I can predict it's gonna be 150 degrees tomorrow."

want free **** RELEASE THE PROMO SCHEDULE ALREADY 

Also apparently the 8 dollar lot is the Ravens lot. I look forward to going to Camden to pick up free giveaways. And Camden is closer to work than DC. 

Edit: I have been to Camden Yards before but it wasn't for a game, they open Eutaw street up to the public and it's neat. Just strolling through park through Eutaw 

want free **** RELEASE THE PROMO SCHEDULE ALREADY 

Also apparently the 8 dollar lot is the Ravens lot. I look forward to going to Camden to pick up free giveaways. And Camden is closer to work than DC. 

Edit: I have been to Camden Yards before but it wasn't for a game, they open Eutaw street up to the public and it's neat. Just strolling through park through Eutaw 

The $8 lot is the parking lot inbetween M&T and OPACY. I guess technically, it's the Ravens, but it's pretty much right inbetween both. If you want to park there, come in off the BW Parkway and make the right just passed M&T (blanking right now on the street name), you'll go over the bridge there and it's on your right hand side. You can usually get spots in there if you arrive an hour or so before the game. Any later than that and you'll have to park further away (still $8 though) and it's much closer to M&T than OPACY.

Archived