Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Baltimore Orioles Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

I guess they figure with the kids, they'll cherish the autograph, but adults are in it for the money.  Not saying you are as there are adults that like to collect sports memorabilia without trying to cash in on it.  I have a pretty extensive collect of sports things and a few autographs, but I'm not in it to sell.

At Orioles fan fast, they charge $10 per autograph. You have to buy tickets in advance, and they ALWAYS sell out.

The money from this is donated to Charity. The one year I went, I saw Adult men with a dozen or more bats waiting in line at autograph stations. It's apparent they aren't getting these autographs for their own collections.

So, how do you guys have the final roster shaping up.  We know Weiters will be in the DL, maybe Hardy. 

I'd be interested to see what you guys think.  We have a logjam in the outfield. 

Think Opening Day looks like:

C - Joseph

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Cabrera

LF - De Aza

CF - Jones

RF - Pearce

DH - Young

Rotation:

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez

Norris

Jimenez

So, how do you guys have the final roster shaping up.  We know Weiters will be in the DL, maybe Hardy. 

I'd be interested to see what you guys think.  We have a logjam in the outfield. 

I think outside of AJ10, the other spots in the outfield will be rotation between De Aza, Pearce, Lough & Delmon. Mostly just based on Matchups....cuz that's how Buck rolls.

I could see Gaus knocking Gonzo/Ubaldo out of the rotation every once in a while. Bud better get back to form. He's not been doing well in Grapefruit league.

C - Joseph

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Cabrera

LF - De Aza

CF - Jones

RF - Pearce

DH - Young

Rotation:

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez

Norris

Jimenez

Probably Pearce at first and Snider in Right for OD in Tampa. Davis is still suspended ONE game from last season. Bleh. 

Looks about right for me. The real lineup may not be in place with Wheets and JJ on the DL for the first few days. I think the earliest back for both is like the 14th.  

What about the bench and bullpen? Watching the ST games, I guess Matusz is on the block.  I've pegged Lavarnway as the backup to Caleb.  Do we carry 12 pitchers or 11?  Do we go with 12 fielders or 11? 

I was thinking Joseph and Lavarnway at catcher with Weiters on the DL.

Outfield: Jones, Young, DeAza, Snider and Pearce- What do you do with Lough and Riemold?

Infield: Davis, Schoop, Carbrera, Machado, Flaherty (ugh), Hardy on the DL- What do you do with Peredes who is out of options? Davis technically won't be on the roster for 1 game.

Bullpen: Hunter, O'Day, Webb, Britton, Brach, with Matusz still on the roster barring a trade- Then Garcia and Verrett are rule 5 players  if I'm not mistaken. 

Going to be some tough decisions for Buck.

C - Joseph

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Cabrera

LF - De Aza

CF - Jones

RF - Pearce

DH - Young

Rotation:

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez

Norris

Jimenez

Was secretly hoping Gausman would crack the starting 5. Do you think they move Gausman to the bullpen or AAA?

Was secretly hoping Gausman would crack the starting 5. Do you think they move Gausman to the bullpen or AAA?

I really want him in the rotation, but it doesn't sound like he will start there. I think as soon as one of the other starters show any signs of struggling, they'll put him right back into the rotation.

We really need to start trading away some starters so we have room for Gausman, Bundy and Harvey.

We really need to start trading away some starters so we have room for Gausman, Bundy and Harvey.

Chen and Norris are probably gone after this year, with will likely open up spots. With decent starting pitching, they are just going to have to make their way through the bodies in 2015.

I hear Montreal wants a team back.  Maybe the Rays end up in Canada.  Where could they go that would be a good baseball market if they fail in Tampa?

Portland? Charlotte (which would be awesome if for no other reason than to see the braves pitch a fit about it)?

New Orleans? Nashville or Memphis?

Returning to Montreal would be good for the game IMO.

Can't do the package this year fellas.  Trying to save money.  I might hop on the discounted MLB.tv rate in a few months.  I'll still pop by and drop my two cents every once and a while.  I think there's a free preview the first week of the season on DirecTV so I'll get to see how the team looks.  Can't wait!

Ubaldo pitched really good again tonight. I think he needs to be in the rotation, maybe in the 3rd or 4th spot, to start the season. Keep him rolling.

I think the rotation to start will be this: 

Tilly

Chen

Gonzo

Norris

Ubaldo

But you know Buck is going to tweak constantly,

I think the rotation to start will be this: 

Tilly

Chen

Gonzo

Norris

Ubaldo

But you know Buck is going to tweak constantly,

The only thing I would be concerned with is getting Ubaldo out of rhythm He seems to have found himself at the moment. Who knows though when it finally counts. Which is less than 3 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubaldo starting game 5.

I think the O's are really wanting to make a trade so I won't be shocked to see something happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they deal someone like Norris. He is a FA after this year and the O's should be able to get something good back for him. I really don't think they want to send Gausman down.

Archived