Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

Doc has me low carbing, this is much easier than it was before!

Breakfast:

3 egg chorizo, goat cheese, and spinach stuffed omelette, topped with some melty colbyjack and some more goat cheese for yumminess!

39812972215_1bc346b9f7_b.jpg

BTW @Riggo#44 that pulled pork looks amazing!!! Great job!

How long was the smoke, and what was your target temp?

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Those racks of lamb look so delicious!

It was my first time having them, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I know I love rack of lamb, and that pistachio crust was awesome! It also had the tanginess from the dijon. I cooked them to about 165 and they were still extremely tender.

We’re still on low carb so I bought a veggie noodler and it worked perfectly! A nice crisp fresh tangy salad to balance the savory lamb.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Don't forget the Yorkshire pudding!

Low carb diet...no yorkshire pudding. *pouts*

I REALLY want to try Gordon Ramsay’s beef wellington, but it’ll have to wait. 

That and I can’t find puff pasty anywhere, I’m certain Whole Foods will have it, but I like my kids and don’t want to sell them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Low carb diet...no yorkshire pudding. *pouts*

I REALLY want to try Gordon Ramsay’s beef wellington, but it’ll have to wait. 

That and I can’t find puff pasty anywhere, I’m certain Whole Foods will have it, but I like my kids and don’t want to sell them.

All your cooking chops and you don't want to make puff pastry? I actually like doing it when I have the time. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

All your cooking chops and you don't want to make puff pastry? I actually like doing it when I have the time. 

I’m totally not a baker, my 12 year old daughter handles the baking, I’m not even kidding. But we haven’t done any breads or pastries yet, if I’m doing Wellington I don’t want to be experimenting on my puff pastry.

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I’m totally not a baker, my 12 year old daughter handles the baking, I’m not even kidding. But we haven’t done any breads or pastries yet, if I’m doing Wellington I don’t want to be experimenting on my puff pastry.

For real, give it a shot. Bread work is way less scary than you think. (I know because I felt the same way.)

I think you're smart not to make Wellington your first attempt though. 

Have your daughter (if she's interested) make some apple or nutella turnovers, or even just cut out some rounds with a cookie cutter that you can top with tomatoes and cheese. They're ridiculously good. I'll try to find the puff pastry recipe I used, but it's basically just a matter of making pie dough and then rolling extra butter into it in layers. 

• Thanks 1