Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

AJ Cole might get another shot next year at some point. But he doesn't have big league stuff. Proved that already. Wouldn't shock me if we don't see him again.

A little early to judge. I think Cole could be a capable 4/5 starter. His sinking fastball should play and he has a good change.

Next year your rotation has Tanner and Joe Ross in it, replacing ZMan and Fister

2017 I think the team gives AJ Cole a shot before Giolito. That would be your Strasburg replacement

I'm wondering if Strasburg gets traded in the offseason.

Next year your rotation has Tanner and Joe Ross in it, replacing ZMan and Fister

2017 I think the team gives AJ Cole a shot before Giolito. That would be your Strasburg replacement

I don't think AJ Cole will be with this team come Aug 1. I think he's the center piece of a trade that brings us something fairly big. I don't think Rizzo is going to mess around with little tinker trades. I'm thinking Chapman, or someone like him.

Good news for the ATL series. The boogeyman probably not gonna make the trip..

The #Braves haven't made an official decision about Freeman, but it sounds like there's a strong possibility he'll be placed on the DL.

Someone else will simply use his bat and kill us. Or he'll go to the DL after

Continue dreaming my friend

Not dreaming, merely wondering. They seem to be behind this Tommy John 6-8 seasons thing and, let's face it, he hasn't really lived up to the hype and he's got one more season left.

Bryce Harper's OPS is .987..when DOWN 0-2 in the count. That'd be 5th in baseball. This kid is GOOD. And he's on OUR team. That makes me smile.

But he's a bad baserunner!!!!

I so love watching the kid play. He's just 22...and arguably the best player in the league. All hairbrained criticisms have been nullified.

Making the second of three consecutive trips to Nats Park today.

IX are you going to Philly this weekend?

No. Busy.

Tickets are like 30 for standing room. Might have gone down since

It's too hard to see the team away now. The next opportunity is probably the os game, then pirates. I'm not going to the west coast and I'm not going back to new York unless I can fly in through laguardia.

What's up with that? There are like 5 people attending Phillies games but the Stubhub prices seem to stay at $20 for the cheapest ticket. 

Because the Nats are selling out. Team is winning, therefore, everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

Someone else will simply use his bat and kill us. Or he'll go to the DL after

Not dreaming, merely wondering. They seem to be behind this Tommy John 6-8 seasons thing and, let's face it, he hasn't really lived up to the hype and he's got one more season left.

He's had a bad year, no doubt but let's not act like the guy has been horrible his whole career.

Sorry, I meant at Citizens Bank Park. Though I do miss the $6 Nats Park deals :)

Oh. Well ... again ... bandwagon. Sometimes it's time to get off. I mean, do you really want to go see your 100 loss team?

He's had a bad year, no doubt but let's not act like the guy has been horrible his whole career.

No. Not bad, but hasn't quite blossomed in to the guy we thought he would. With Scherzer pitching lights out, I could see Rizzo selling high (particularly if Strasburg comes back and does as well as last year). I could even see it this season. A team like the Blue Jays is going to be looking for starters at the deadline. Hammels rejected a trade tot he Astros. A guy like Strasburg would be valuable, as he has another year of control.

Speaking of whole career: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/06/22/mark-lerner-on-bryce-harper-well-enjoy-the-ride-at-least-while-hes-here/

Yeah I saw that yesterday Slate. It sounded, to me at least, like the Lerners have no intentions of paying Bryce what they think he's going to get on the open market. This city will lose their **** if they let him walk.

It appears to me the Lerner family, besides Ted, are very, lets say "thrifty"

My understanding of how the group works is Ted is the actual owner, but he is 90, his son Mark is essentially the guy running the show and a whole host of siblings, brother in laws etc are involved in decisions. 

Boras figured out that if he wanted to get major deals done, like Soriano back in 2013 or Max in 2015, it was best just to talk to Ted directly, since he does control the purse strings and is 90 and badly wants a title.

I have no idea what the ownership group will do after Ted passes. It just seems like it'll be a bit of a mess

Here's my thought process on it:

Lets cross that bridge when we get there.

For now, enjoy the great baseball. Agonizing over a decision that isn't going to happen for another three years is just not a pleasant way to live.

I still think he'll stay. The Yankees don't have the allure they used to. Just because he grew up liking them doesn't mean anything. I grew up wanting to be a Power Ranger, you think that meant anything when I was 20?

$5 says Bryce smashed that ass

I still think he'll stay. The Yankees don't have the allure they used to. Just because he grew up liking them doesn't mean anything. I grew up wanting to be a Power Ranger, you think that meant anything when I was 20?

$5 says Bryce smashed that ass

Yeah a kid saying he wants to be a Yankee is like saying 'I want to be a Fireman, or Policeman when I grow up!"  It's the standard  "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  answer. 

He's a Nat and will stay a Nat. 

Yeah a kid saying he wants to be a Yankee is like saying 'I want to be a Fireman, or Policeman when I grow up!"  It's the standard  "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  answer. 

He's a Nat and will stay a Nat. 

Uh .... I don't know anyone that said that growing up.

Archived