Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

Steven Strasburg has been activated and gets the start tonight.  Joe Ross sent down.

Ian Desmond sits again tonight...

Nats' lineup vs. Braves' LHP Wood:

Span CF

Rendon 2B

Escobar 3B

Harper RF

Ramos C

Espinosa SS

Moore 1B

Taylor LF

Strasburg P

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2015/06/23/bryce-harper-sets-nl-all-star-voting-record/?tid=sm_tw_ps

On Tuesday, Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper set the all-time, single-season National League voting record for the All-Star Game with 9,224, 370 votes — and counting.

Harper bested the previous record of 7,621,370, set by San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey in 2012, with more than a week before the voting period ends on July 2 at 11:59 p.m.

The 22-year-old is on the verge of making his third all-star appearance, and second fan-selected start. If he is named a starter, Harper will be the first player in Nationals franchise history to be selected by the fans to start in two all-star games.

Hmmm....I used to say I wanted to be a Washington Senator when I was growing up. Does that count?

I always said "I want to be a junkie..."

Yeah I saw that yesterday Slate. It sounded, to me at least, like the Lerners have no intentions of paying Bryce what they think he's going to get on the open market. This city will lose their **** if they let him walk.

Well he isn't going to say "We will do whatever it takes..." with Boras as an agent. For Boras, that means the first billion dollar contract.

Craig Heist

‏@cheistsports

Matt Williams says Strasburg should be good for 95 pitches tonight. Says Joe Ross opened eyes but needs to stay on a starters schedule.

Needs to stay in starters schedule ... for when Stras falls apart

Freeman out for my Braves.  The guy played in like 250 straight games, and of course he misses the two games against the Mets this past weekend that I took my lady to see.  And now, he probably won't play any of the six games coming up against you guys.

I hope Stras can stay healthy for y'all.  I hate to see talent lost to injury.  

Enjoy the series.  I'm betting on at least one bench clearing in the next ten days. :)

Because he's awful...

I agree, but even after he finished second in batting a couple of years ago, he had trouble cracking the lineup.

There's something not quite right about his situation.  Something has always seemed off.  Not sure if it's trouble in the clubhouse or what.  It's always been that way.  Glad we got anew GM.

If Uggla hits another walkoff against us, I would puke...again.

I agree, but even after he finished second in batting a couple of years ago, he had trouble cracking the lineup.

There's something not quite right about his situation.  Something has always seemed off.  Not sure if it's trouble in the clubhouse or what.  It's always been that way.  Glad we got anew GM.

If Uggla hits another walkoff against us, I would puke...again.

That year was a complete fluke, and he got a nice contract out of it.

And if Uggla does that again, he'll be money well spent...yours ;)

Archived