Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

Some of these sports media guys seem to think everyone owes them tons of respect. Newsflash guys, you are simply an obligation to the athletes. It is a pointless game: reporters ask inane questions and athletes attempt to say as little as possible. 

Feinstein says he's never done anything as horrible as drive 100 and that Werth must think he's above the law because of that. Cue eye rolling. Feinstein did go to Duke, that's the only explanation I've got for him being such a tool. 

Some of these sports media guys seem to think everyone owes them tons of respect. 

100% agree with this. When reporters crush a guy because he's not good with the media I just roll my eyes. Some of them think very highly of themselves and their opinions, and treat anyone who doesn't share that opinion with utter contempt. Feinstein is one. UnWise Mike, Jason Reid, etc are definitely also on that list. We've got some really ****ty characters in our local media and I wish they'd all leave and let the good reporters do their jobs. 

I think comcast sports net would bid an enormous amount for nationals rights. Their summer programming is horrible, I'm sure they have the opportunity to make loads of money if they had the nats.

Yeah I think so too. I hope it won't be Monumental. I don't want to give Leonsis any more money. 

Junior is decent but tends to be quite pompous at times.

Kornheiser was the last good writer in this town.

Boz is still good, and I also like Adam Kilgore, as far as the Nats are concerned. John Keim is good on ESPN for the Redskins. I really like Tim Kurikjan, as well. Mostly, I pay attention to guys like Harper Gordek and other bloggers. But you're right--the days of Shirley Povich are long gone. Sports media today has taken on an ESPN First Take/Around the Horn mentality--say the most ridiculous thing the loudest. 

Would rather give Leonsis money than Angelos

Now that I agree with. 

Based on the talk I ha with him Tuesday that flat out not true. What about him irks you

Poor management/vision and an arrogance (from a business perspective) that causes him to be extremely shortsighted. I guarantee that he thinks more highly of himself and than anyone else in the world thinks of him. 

Now that I agree with.

Poor management/vision and an arrogance (from a business perspective) that causes him to be extremely shortsighted. I guarantee that he thinks more highly of himself and than anyone else in the world thinks of him.

So what

He's had good management of the Cas and wiz so there goes that argument

I just don't get the hate

@zuckerman - Another Palm Beach stadium hurdle cleared: RT @jcapozzipbpost: Land-use change for #Astros #Nats is approved by the Legislative delegation

According to Zukerman, Viera is the place to go before the Nats move from there--unrivaled player access. I may have to go next year!

So what

He's had good management of the Cas and wiz so there goes that argument

I just don't get the hate

I don't really watch the NBA but he let an incompetent GM stay in place for way longer than he should for the Caps and likely cost them a window for a championship with Ovechkin. He lucked into Ovechkin and wasn't able to go anywhere with him, and he lucked into an internet explosion with AOL and he and the other execs let that fall to pieces VERY quickly with an unsustainable model. 

He let GMGM trade Forsberg for absolutely nothing. He's very overrated as an owner.

One mistake

He's a successful owner and team execu4thus is indisputable

I got the sense talking to him Tuesday that he's a knowledgeable businessman with a keen insight for success. How many of us can say we have actually spoken to him instead of criticizing him behind anonymity.

One mistake

He's a successful owner and team execu4thus is indisputable

I got the sense talking to him Tuesday that he's a knowledgeable businessman with a keen insight for success. How many of us can say we have actually spoken to him instead of criticizing him behind anonymity.

I have spoken to Ted multiple times

He is a walking business cliche. Another guy who was around at the right time to make it big. I am not surprised that he has yet to have a team advance past round 2 of the playoffs 

Exactly this.

You didn't really add anything . Not convinced about your anger when you appear to be a jilted former employee.

If leonsis took over for Snyder we'd all be ecstatic.

Best owners in dc

Lerner

leonsiS

Snyder

Anyway I've got opening day and 5 4 marked on my calendar as those are big nats giveaway nights.

Opening day yiu get a commemorative tin

5 4 is first nats bobblehead. 5 commemorative bobblehead this year of best moments in nats history. First is Livan hernandez bobblehead. Can't wait .

I have spoken to Ted multiple times

He is a walking business cliche. Another guy who was around at the right time to make it big. I am not surprised that he has yet to have a team advance past round 2 of the playoffs

aren't those Miu ally exclusive

According to Zukerman, Viera is the place to go before the Nats move from there--unrivaled player access. I may have to go next year!

Yep.

Well apparently its quite a drive from the airport to Viera. Very secluded. The Palm Beach site is 15 min away from the airport. Much more convenient. That convenience will lead to bigger crowds which will lead to the decline in player access. Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose.

Archived