Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RealGM: Univ of Michigan have contacted Gruden's agent.

RichmondRedskin88

griffin has a big arm, fast legs, and a quick release. however, he cannot make drops correctly, has no idea how to read a defense, and has 0 pocket presence. those 3 awesome traits he has cannot overcome the other ones, and trying to make him into a pocket passer (his choice btw) is why were seeing what were seeing.

and kirk was a 4th round project that can see the field pretty well, make some great plays, and also make some dreadful ones leading to massive turnover problems. hes rex grossman (who was a 1st rounder with tons of talent - who sucks).

They're still talented players. Acting like they have below average talent is a silly excuse. Both of them have more talent than Dalton.

itd be awesome if he left so we can get who?  who is the magic coach that is coming in to save this mess of a team with no GM and no quarterback?

i feel like im in the twilight zone.  we finally get a young no BS hardnosed coach with an offense that is proven and works, and after one bad season we want something new and shiny.

I know right? Its like the people here who complain about DS not being patient enough, firing people too quick, jumping at the first shiny thing in the room, lousy owner, stable organizations don't fire coaches after 1 year. Now, they want to do the same thing they argue against!

Fire Bruce Allen (after only 1 year as defacto GM)

fire Haslett (ok, I support this one)

fire Gruden (after 1 year), etc., etc.

I tend to believe the reason some want Gruden fired is because he benched the chosen one! This team was a mess when he took the job. At least give him another year to see if he can figure it out.

I tend to believe the reason some want Gruden fired is because he benched the chosen one! This team was a mess when he took the job. At least give him another year to see if he can figure it out.

I dont agree. People want him fired because the team hasn't shown that they understand the basic concept of football under Gruden. A bad team with a bad record, fine. A bad team that hasnt cut down on penalties and hasnt progressed since week 1 in showing that they understand where or what to do is why he is going to be fired. Lack of talent is not the excuse, its the lack of execution without any improvement in 13 games.

I know right? Its like the people here who complain about DS not being patient enough, firing people too quick, jumping at the first shiny thing in the room, lousy owner, stable organizations don't fire coaches after 1 year. Now, they want to do the same thing they argue against!

Fire Bruce Allen (after only 1 year as defacto GM)

fire Haslett (ok, I support this one)

fire Gruden (after 1 year), etc., etc.

RGIII has played four games, wanting Gruden fired has nothing to do with RGIII. Stop using that as an excuse, it's tired.

They may not be playing well but Kirk and RGIII are not below average talent.

Um.....yes they are! One looks great in the pocket, looks the part of an NFL QB, until he forgets what team he plays for. The other, thinks he is still the best on the field so doesn't feel the need to be coached up and doesn't care about reading defenses (why do that, I can just extend plays like Big Ben) but can't get out of his own way.

both QBs have been below avg the last 2 years. lets not kid ourselves. Kirk looks the part better and may actually have a bigger upside, but that is about it.

I dont agree. People want him fired because the team hasn't shown that they understand the basic concept of football under Gruden. A bad team with a bad record, fine. A bad team that hasnt cut down on penalties and hasnt progressed since week 1 in showing that they understand where or what to do is why he is going to be fired. Lack of talent is not the excuse, its the lack of execution without any improvement in 13 games.

I will agree they have a hard time understanding what to do, almost entirely on Defense though, I would agree Haslett needs to be fired (still not sure why he is still here). The offense, when having a competent QB actually looks really good (Jax, Philly, Sea, Dallas). I may be crazy, our offense is really 1 or 2 OL and competent QB play away from being very good. Our Defense, well, that is another story all by itself, may need a complete overhaul but has the talent in the front 7 to be very good with a different DC.

When it comes to penalties, so what, look at the best teams in the league, some are the most penalized.

I will agree they have a hard time understanding what to do, almost entirely on Defense though, I would agree Haslett needs to be fired (still not sure why he is still here). The offense, when having a competent QB actually looks really good (Jax, Philly, Sea, Dallas). I may be crazy, our offense is really 1 or 2 OL and competent QB play away from being very good. Our Defense, well, that is another story all by itself, may need a complete overhaul but has the talent in the front 7 to be very good with a different DC.

When it comes to penalties, so what, look at the best teams in the league, some are the most penalized.

Well yeah, competent qb play. If that were so easy, every team would do it. Fact is, we are extremely far off. We have no oline talent on the roster as of now. Maybe Moses can play, who knows. Same for Long. No idea. Can anyone else block? Tight ends cant block. Receivers cant block. The team overall is made of a bunch of whiny diva's all around who have no heart. I havent seen anyone play with any passion what so ever.

Personally, I hope we just get worse and worse until we get to a point where no one goes and Dan Snyder has no option but to sell. There is literally no other way this is going to get turned around. The organization is poison.

They're still talented players. Acting like they have below average talent is a silly excuse. Both of them have more talent than Dalton.

Yet Dalton has played better overall than both of them. Also, I think you're confusing talent with physical abilities. Dalton is a game manager, with an average arm, but is still leagues ahead of RG3 right now. I have slightly more faith in Cousins at this point. He at least looks the part most of the time.

Our QB situation right now is FUBAR.

Um.....yes they are! One looks great in the pocket, looks the part of an NFL QB, until he forgets what team he plays for. The other, thinks he is still the best on the field so doesn't feel the need to be coached up and doesn't care about reading defenses (why do that, I can just extend plays like Big Ben) but can't get out of his own way.

both QBs have been below avg the last 2 years. lets not kid ourselves. Kirk looks the part better and may actually have a bigger upside, but that is about it.

You're missing the point completely. Just forget it.

No, it really does (for some). It's rather transparent.

I don't agree with you. This team makes the same mistakes week in and week out. The whole team is getting worse with each game. Every phase of this football team is failing. We have players celebrating while a fumbled ball sits at their feet. RGIII doesn't even play anymore. Wanting Gruden gone doesn't even mean RGIII returns next year.

Yet Dalton has played better overall than both of them. Also, I think you're confusing talent with physical abilities. Dalton is a game manager, with an average arm, but is still leagues ahead of RG3 right now. I have slightly more faith in Cousins at this point. He at least looks the part most of the time.

Our QB situation right now is FUBAR.

They're both playing poorly but it's not an issue of talent. They're both loaded with talent. This is all I'm saying.

itd be awesome if he left so we can get who? who is the magic coach that is coming in to save this mess of a team with no GM and no quarterback?

i feel like im in the twilight zone. we finally get a young no BS hardnosed coach with an offense that is proven and works, and after one bad season we want something new and shiny.

This offense works?

He's a "no BS hard nosed coach"? The players seem to do whatever they want on the field and off of it.

This offense works?

He's a "no BS hard nosed coach"? The players seem to do whatever they want on the field and off of it.

Don't forget, people thought our special teams were going to improve because we hired GI Joe. That hard nosed crap doesn't mean you're a good coach.

I really can't see one area where the team is better coached today then it was in September. In any aspect by any player on or off the field

Totally agree. Someone will swoop in here with some yardage statistics and say we're a top-whatever offense right now. But he can't design plays to get the ball to our playmakers other than Desean, can't even manufacture targets for Garçon and Reed unless Desean is out. We're worse running the ball, we're at least as bad on 3rd down and in the redzone, and probably worse. We lucked into a punter finally, but our coverage teams still suck. We still hold and block in the back on our own returns. We still jump offsides on offense, especially at the worst possible times. We suck at clock management, we don't run the hurry up well still, we misuse timeouts and make absolutely moronic challenges. Nothing has changed and in fact it's worse pretty much all around. And that's not even getting into the off-field stuff, I have no idea what portion of the blame Gruden should receive for already losing the locker room, but I can tell you one thing: I didn't expect THIS from the guy yelling about "Mickey Mouse horse **** football" on Hardknocks.

This offense works?

yes this offense works.

no, we dont have a QB that can run it.

and by no BS i also mean benching guys that suck and holding them accountable.  hes benched polumbus, griffin, kirk, amerson, morris, etc - the list goes on.  not sure why you say they can do whatever they want.  what have they done that he is supposed to be able to control?  these are grown ass men, is he supposed to be babysitting them?  

My question is why in the hell would Michigan want Gruden as their coach?

I don't think Gruden would leave, but I would welcome it. Not sure who would take over and does it really matter. Nothing was accomplished this year. We still do not have a QB, Oline somehow managed to get worse, TE play is worse, secondary is just as bad as last year, and oh yeah Gruden throws his players under the bus. He's not a good NFL coach.

Maybe that Mickey Mouse **** works in the Arena leagues but we will never go anywhere with him here.

My question is why in the hell would Michigan want Gruden as their coach?

I don't think Gruden would leave, but I would welcome it. Not sure who would take over and does it really matter. Nothing was accomplished this year. We still do not have a QB, Oline somehow managed to get worse, TE play is worse, secondary is just as bad as last year, and oh yeah Gruden throws his players under the bus. He's not a good NFL coach.

Maybe that Mickey Mouse **** works in the Arena leagues but we will never go anywhere with him here.

so think about this.  we went 3-13 with the 2013 roster.  when i think 3-13, i think "man that is some crappy roster, any team in their right mind would overhaul that group and start fresh".  so what did the skins do?  kept like 90% of it in tact, and added:

shawn lavaou, jason hatcher, desean jackson, tracy porter, ryan clark, and a small draft class (drafted by allen) where we cut 3 of the picks in training camp.  jackson and hatcher are the only impact guys, both have been hurt and missed time, the others are all abysmal failures and have been massive liabilities.

the problem isnt gruden, the problem is bruce allen paying more attention to picnics in the park than assembling an NFL roster. 

itd be awesome if he left so we can get who?  who is the magic coach that is coming in to save this mess of a team with no GM and no quarterback?

i feel like im in the twilight zone.  we finally get a young no BS hardnosed coach with an offense that is proven and works, and after one bad season we want something new and shiny.  

What have you seen from the offense this year that shows it is proven and works. They were just shutout at home. 

We don't need a magical coach....we just need one that keeps trying, makes actual in-game adjustments, and speaks with some tact and avoids tossing players under the bus to save his own ass.   You would think that would be a fairly low bar to exceed. 

Everyone has failed this year, but Gruden is among the worst of them he's not worth keeping around just to keep this type of "continuity" and he's not worth keeping around for fear that all good coaches will avoid here.   There are only 32 jobs in the world.  Guys like Mike Petitine pop up every year, and right now that guy is a HOF coach compared to what we have.

Wanna throw Allen out too?  Co-signed.  But let's not pretend Gruden has in any way done a passable job.

Archived