Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RealGM: Univ of Michigan have contacted Gruden's agent.

RichmondRedskin88

Do I think Gruden takes the Michigan job? No.

Would I like that to happen? Absolutely.

Ive already stated I don't think Gruden is the right head coach for this team, in this town, at this time what so ever and that this year is every bit as bad as last year, if not worse...and last year helped get Shanny fired. However, the one reason I said I wouldn't fire Gruden is because it handicaps your ability to get any kind of decent coach after him because you're basically having to account for paying a guy whose not on your team anymore on top of the new guy.

If he took the Michigan job then that issue would remove itself.

However, I don't think that's going to happen.

It would be awesome if he left and we didn't have to fire him. It would also close the door on Harbaugh going there  :D

itd be awesome if he left so we can get who?  who is the magic coach that is coming in to save this mess of a team with no GM and no quarterback?

i feel like im in the twilight zone.  we finally get a young no BS hardnosed coach with an offense that is proven and works, and after one bad season we want something new and shiny.  

itd be awesome if he left so we can get who?  who is the magic coach that is coming in to save this mess of a team with no GM and no quarterback?

i feel like im in the twilight zone.  we finally get a young no BS hardnosed coach with an offense that is proven and works, and after one bad season we want something new and shiny.  

There's no real fix as long as Snyder is owner. But Harbaugh, imo, would be one of the few coaches that could make this team at least somewhat competitive. He is competent. He is also proven. Jay Gruden is neither. Gruden is not hard-nosed. His locker room is a mess. His offense is a bigger mess. I could go on. But it's probably best to let you check out this thread

http://es.redskins.com/topic/385501-the-case-for-firing-gruden-asap/

Harbaugh isn't leaving the NFL. In fact, it looks like he's going across the bay to Oakland. 

Well, he's already coached the other most popular football teams in that area. Might as well finish the job. But who knows? Maybe he would like to be close to his brother. And he did make that jab at Gruden about not knowing how to use RG3. 

Has his offense worked this season?

No BS?  Just because the guy gets in front of the mic and "tells it like it is" doesn't mean he's no BS.  If he was no BS his team wouldn't commit the penalties and boneheaded mistakes they do.  Granted, there is no magic coach to save this disaster but let's not absolve him like he's done anything remotely positive for this team.

No BS?  Just because the guy gets in front of the mic and "tells it like it is" doesn't mean he's no BS.  If he was no BS his team wouldn't commit the penalties and boneheaded mistakes they do.  Granted, there is no magic coach to save this disaster but let's not absolve him like he's done anything remotely positive for this team.

Maybe a better term would be that he doesn't hide the BS.  He let's everyone know that there's a lot of BS going on and he doesn't like it, nor can he control it.

He's basically the Astronaut who gets trapped in a blackhole in outer space, comes out on the other end and lands on same strange planet with strange creatures that are humanoid, but not really human.  They also play football on this planet, but they keep score differently.  The object of the game is to get as many twitter likes and dislikes as possible, and the players are actually journalists, not athletes.  So he steps out of his spaceship, which just crashed on this planet, thinking that it will be like earth and that football will be football.  So he tries to coach this team like its a bunch of football players run by football savvy executives.  Boy was he wrong, and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it.  Also, these creatures like to eat their coach after 1, 2, or 3 years, so he's secretly trying to fix his spaceship and blast off before that happens.  It doesn't really matter where he goes after this place, because it's better than getting eaten by a bunch of tweeting fools who don't know how to play the real game of football.

Has his offense worked this season?

go watch some of the 22 film.  dudes run around wide open and nobody throws them the ball.  he got the most out of andy dalton in cincy with arguably a lot less talent on offense.  maybe its because the bengals defense didnt give up 5 plays a game of 40 yards or more?  or maybe because the bengals had an offensive line that knew how to block?  look at how much dalton has regressed without gruden there (or that offense in place).

he gets as close to "telling it like it is" than any coach we've had since i can remember.  i dont mind him calling out players or being honest about situations, i much prefer that to coach speak nonsense.

and penalties mean ****.  3 of the top 4 most penalized teams in the NFL are New England, Denver, and Seattle.  you know who leads the NFL is least amount of penalties?  the jaguars.

they commit boneheaded mistakes because they ****ing suck.  coaching isnt going to stop ryan clark (a 10+ year vet) from tackling with his head.  same for brandon merriweather.  trent keeps getting holding penalties because hes trying to play with one leg and cant do anything else.  

biggest problem is still no QB answer.  that will haunt us for awhile.  in 2012 griffin was able to mask a lot of the teams problems, but once he fell off, the roster has been exposed.

He hid the BS today in regards to the guy he's hoping to build the team around.  We heard more about protection issues and less about the terrible QB after a horrific loss....hmmm, wonder why?

nobody thinks colt is good.  lets get that through our heads first.  however, with some blocking, colt could run this offense effectively enough for us to win some games.  win 12 games?  no.  win 8 games?  sure.  and maybe with a few lucky bounces get to the playoffs.

all of that is for naught if our defense and ST continues to be abysmal.  look at the 49ers.  their offense is a trainwreck, but they keep themselves in games because their defense is great.  get this offense a defense and lets see if theres any hope.  because we could have the patriots 2007 offense and with this defense we'd still be 5-8, losing games 42-55.

For all of you saying lets go get Harbaugh. What is your plan? Trade more draft picks? Yeah, that always works out well so much. You know, the only strategy this team has not tried yet, is keeping their damn draft picks and building from within. Every year its the new flavor of the year in terms of strategy. How about we actually acquire more draft picks rather than trade them like they have no value?

But Gruden is apparently a "QB guru" and the two qb's we've had appear to be worse than ever before in every facet.  Not only that but his duck-duck-goose style of picking a starter has also killed what if any confidence they've had left.  Also, he tells some of it like it is - never the whole story.

when did kirk regress?  last i checked he sucked ass last year too.

when did griffin regress?  last i checked he sucked ass last year too.

when did colt regress?  last i checked the browns didnt want him.

some of you act like he was handed this golden QB situation and hes screwing it up.  he got handed below average talent and youre going "YOU DIDNT MAKE IT WORK YOU SUCK".  cmon.

when did kirk regress? last i checked he sucked ass last year too.

when did griffin regress? last i checked he sucked ass last year too.

when did colt regress? last i checked the browns didnt want him.

some of you act like he was handed this golden QB situation and hes screwing it up. he got handed below average talent and youre going "YOU DIDNT MAKE IT WORK YOU SUCK". cmon.

They may not be playing well but Kirk and RGIII are not below average talent.

They may not be playing well but Kirk and RGIII are not below average talent.

griffin has a big arm, fast legs, and a quick release.  however, he cannot make drops correctly, has no idea how to read a defense, and has 0 pocket presence.  those 3 awesome traits he has cannot overcome the other ones, and trying to make him into a pocket passer (his choice btw) is why were seeing what were seeing.

and kirk was a 4th round project that can see the field pretty well, make some great plays, and also make some dreadful ones leading to massive turnover problems.  hes rex grossman (who was a 1st rounder with tons of talent - who sucks).

Archived