Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The case for firing Gruden ASAP

kgor93

Interesting nugget coming out from Rambo about how (on defense at least) we do drill work on video's. Whatever it is we are doing, on both sides of the ball, is failing.

So Dan Snyder invited them all into his Madden League and that's where they are training?

It all makes perfect sense now.

Another brilliant hire by Danny Boy--that worthless ****.

Remember now, Snyder fired Vinny because he hired an "Unqualified Head Coach". The only way we get rid of Allen is if he does the same thing and Gruden really hasn't shown much, hell he couldn't even **** can the Leagues worst Defensive Coordinator over the past 15 years. What other DC ranks on average 30th in the league and lasts that long?

Only on the Redskins do you see retread losers like Allen and Haslett and hiring an impatient HC to fix the player you wasted several first rounders on.

The thing is, Gruden probably would be a good winning coach on a team like the Steelers/Seahawks who will win. He can blast the random **** up and the team just keeps on winning because he's a no nonsense guy, right? For that to work here he'd have to blast everybody on the roster at some point or another lol.

I find it rather telling that almost like clockwork, the QBs that do the best have been coached up the least.

Yep the guy coming off the bench with the least reps, always seems to look better than the starter to me.

That tells me coaching up is failing.

Interesting nugget coming out from Rambo about how (on defense at least) we do drill work on video's. Whatever it is we are doing, on both sides of the ball, is failing.

It all comes back to Gruden.

I ran outta likes.  I like.

I saw all I needed to see from Gruden on Sunday.  The man is too dumb to be a head football coach.  No situational awareness: case in point: taking the five yard penalty at the end of the half near the goal line which put us on the five instead of the result of the play, which put us on the two.  Just absolutely brain-dead.  That play alone was enough to convince me that this guy isn't up to the task.  The details have been severely lacking all season, and not a single shred of progress made.  In fact, I'd say we've regressed in almost every conceivable metric.  Another brilliant hire by Danny Boy--that worthless ****.

Out of likes still.  Yes.  I've seen enough.  

Every time this idiot opens his mouth I cringe. It's not only that our players are bad - far from it.  jay was not ready to be an NFL headcoach he is manic in the press and then static and sinking in games. Jay Gruden is a sham.  The same way Allen is a sham....they are football nepotism run amuck.  And the reason to keep them both is for stability?   Great I'll be enjoying another 2 seasons of sub 5 wins....nice and stable.

AND still out of likes.  God only knows why I am wasting time on this team, at this hour, reading this stuff.  I need a Redskins lobotomy, but they are stuck in my soul.  I reallllly hate it sometimes; almost all the time now. httr

What's the case for keeping Gruden?      besides his contract......where has the team improved?   I can't think of one area.....they've regressed in several places.    Huge mistake to keep Gruden for the sake of continuity.   

He will most likely be fired next year...RG3 will be gone....new coach will come and draft a QB; which means we'll be bad for at least two more years.

Hey, at least this time keeping a coach for continuity we can't get any worse. I mean, we can't get worse than 3-13 can we? LOL

Zorn went from 8-8 to 4-12

Spurrier went from 7-9 to 5-11

Gruden 3-13 to ???

We don't have Jax and Tampa and Houston on our schedule next year though. Lets hope we get Oakland and the Jets I guess, maybe we get Tampa again and maybe we can win one of 6 division games randomly somehow.

We are now the NFC Easts Phoenix Cardinals, we're the 80's Buccaneers, the Colts that packed up and moved to Indy, the Patriots that almost got ran out of Boston. We're that bad.

Every time this idiot opens his mouth I cringe. It's not only that our players are bad - far from it.  jay was not ready to be an NFL headcoach he is manic in the press and then static and sinking in games. Jay Gruden is a sham.  The same way Allen is a sham....they are football nepotism run amuck.  And the reason to keep them both is for stability?   Great I'll be enjoying another 2 seasons of sub 5 wins....nice and stable.

Kyle would have done a better job. There is an undeniable probability that sooner rather than later I'll be missing Zorn too :unsure::wacko::ph34r:

Jay Gruden is Basically Asking to Be Fired with Comments About Robert Griffin III

Has it really been only a year since Mike Shanahan was all but publicly feuding with Robert Griffin III and lobbing shots in the direction of owner Daniel Snyder?

Well, today, if there was any doubt about how this is going to end, Jay Gruden basically is asking to be fired in Washington.

It's funny to me that oh, we need to have PATIENCE with Bob, and Bob needs MORE time (in his third year regardless of coaching changes), yet, everyone is full damn 100% that Gruden needs to go ASAP already in under one year.  No, I don't believe Gruden has done a great job this year but I certainly am happy to see him getting his 2nd year (or so it seems).  Many of the coaches deemed great today had rough starts in their first HC jobs.

What makes people think Gruden is the guy. His brother John was a Quarterback KILLER!  Andy Dalton won absolutely nothing with him! And this year all three of our QBs look terrible!!  

Gruden has looked just like Jim Zorn.  

-Clueless press conferences in which he claims to not have the answer for the teams bad play. 

-Questionable play calling ( swinging gate = double reverse pass in the 1st qtr) 

- No discipline on the field

- Inferior game planning for opponents 

-No say so over the defense. 

The writing is on the wall, get rid of him now or end up just like we did when we had Jim Zorn for year 2. 

The fans need to take a stand on this. Less attendance in Redskins home games sends a clear message that "we do not want/are tired of this $hit we are seeing being passed on to us as football"..

.in other news I went to the Bears forum and saw the Skins are willing to trade draft picks and Cousins for Cutler.Is this true?Madness if the Skins even think of doing it

After listening to his Monday press conference......man, i knew the media was out to get them, but I do not think I have seen words twisted so badly in my entire life. He said not one thing that should create any dissension, yet there are new stories coming out every day about Gruden talking **** about Griffin.

The fans need to take a stand on this. Less attendance in Redskins home games sends a clear message that "we do not want/are tired of this $hit we are seeing being passed on to us as football"..

.in other news I went to the Bears forum and saw the Skins are willing to trade draft picks and Cousins for Cutler.Is this true?Madness if the Skins even think of doing it

This is not true and hasnt been mentioned here at all. Just Bears fans hoping they could be the latest team to fleece the skins.

It is stemmed in the reality that the O-Line is drastically different with the different QBs.  They happen to play their worst in front of the QB that pundits claim has the worst grasp of the offense.  It leads one to believe that they are not nearly as bad as outsiders think.

hes lost it then! hes nuts! the oline has been an issue even while shanny was in charge. i still remember the giants destroying our right side to the point that tuck was a probowler last year and our center as well is average and thast being nice. below average. lets be frank here.

What makes people think Gruden is the guy. His brother John was a Quarterback KILLER!  Andy Dalton won absolutely nothing with him! And this year all three of our QBs look terrible!!  

Gruden has looked just like Jim Zorn.  

-Clueless press conferences in which he claims to not have the answer for the teams bad play. 

-Questionable play calling ( swinging gate = double reverse pass in the 1st qtr) 

- No discipline on the field

- Inferior game planning for opponents 

-No say so over the defense. 

The writing is on the wall, get rid of him now or end up just like we did when we had Jim Zorn for year 2. 

totally agree! the situatiion on what happened before halftime with moss and garcon. just wow! hes behind them being passive!!! are you kidding me your the coach! your supposto be infront and telling the players to zip it ! its my job to get kicked out if thats the case not yours! nodiscipline exactly! you hit it on the head man! and no adjustments whatsoever!

I would not be surprised AT ALL and if it happens we will know it was another Snyder Special. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they took on his contract as well. Then watch Cousins magically turn it around in Chicago while we're stuck with a 10 year proven INT debacle expert.

I would not be surprised AT ALL and if it happens we will know it was another Snyder Special. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they took on his contract as well. Then watch Cousins magically turn it around in Chicago while we're stuck with a 10 year proven INT debacle expert.

someone just started a thread on Jay Cutler here, so the rumor must be somewhat true about the Skins interest. Would be funny if Cousins were to turn it around thou'

Archived